Poll: Salvia: Yea or Nay

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
If it gets outlawed it'll just get illegaly sold anyways, so why bother?

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Bah, Salvia's for wusses, Datura's where it's at if you really want to lose it. I think it's restricted in the US though...

Ummm...quick discliamer, the active ingredients are atropine and hyosicamine, so it can be rather fatal in high doses...so...um...probably best to leave it.

deletemeplease107

Oct 15, 2008
HA! In tech class i turned around and saw my friend googling saliva. I was like "wtf why would you google that?"
I asked what are you looking up and he said nothing

Now i know! haha

Learchuz

Feb 3, 2009
Darth Mobius said:
Learchuz said:
So there's a (legal) drug out called Salvia. Produces powerful hallucinations within one minute, lasting up to 10. Or within 10 lasting 30 min to an hour and a half depending on consumption. It has produced no harmful after effects through testing and no physical or psychological dependency.

Should it be banned by government based on the simple fact it is a drug? Doesn't seem that way, eh?

*Edit - Accidently pressed enter to go to the next poll option before I had even typed this :p
Okay, wait. It's LEGAL, and YOU have issues with it? Grow up and get a life. If you don't want to use it, don't harass the people who can or need to. Personally, I am just in it for the fun, so I would like to know where I could procure some of this delightful substance...
Can I say I wasn't harassing anyone? Christ, just asking for opinions, I never even stated one....

corporate_gamer

Apr 17, 2008
Nah you know what the worse drug is? Cake. I heard of a person who actually sicked up their pelvis after doing cake. True Fact.

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
Ragdrazi said:
Xvito said:
Ragdrazi said:
Xvito said:
No dependency, no bad effects whatsoever! Where can I find this drug!?
Smoke shops.
I live in Sweden, is it obtainable here?

Also, do I have to be eighteen?
Well, Wiki says there is some form of Salvia control in Sweden... But what kind of control... Just a second.

Nope. Sorry kid. Looks like it's been illegal in Sweden since 2006.
Why!... WHYYYYYYYYYYY!!

I hate this country...

Aug 13, 2008
Learchuz said:
So there's a (legal) drug out called Salvia. Produces powerful hallucinations within one minute, lasting up to 10. Or within 10 lasting 30 min to an hour and a half depending on consumption. It has produced no harmful after effects through testing and no physical or psychological dependency.

Should it be banned by government based on the simple fact it is a drug? Doesn't seem that way, eh?

*Edit - Accidently pressed enter to go to the next poll option before I had even typed this :p
salvia's been around for ages, and the government has tried to ban it a few times but they cant cause there's nothing really wrong with it

it's like if weed had only been discovered 10 or 20 years ago

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
martin said:
ExodusinFlames said:
Salvia Divorinum - Commonly known as diviners sage. Mild hallucinogen, hilarious resulsts. Speaking from experience, its not that bad. You remember strange obscure memories from childhood and once everything looked like it was made of lego. But this is a natural substance, growing on its own. Far as I'm concerned can't be too bad.

If it grows on its own, it should be legal.
Certain berries grow on their own and there are quite a few of them that can harm or kill us. Poison ivy grows on its own, Abrin grows on it's own and the poison from that can kill us.
Bears grow on their own too.....

Try smoking a bear. I hate druggies. Drugs are so unappealing to me, the whole sensation of having no control over yourself.

forever saturday

Nov 6, 2008
In the United States, the legal status of salvia differs depending on what state you are in. I live in Illinois, but if I want get some I have to go to Wisconsin or Indiana. In both of those states salvia is legal but bans are being considered. Now I think that its stupid to criminalise salvia, but then again I think that they should legalise everything. Seriously, even Alcohol is more harmful than weed or LSD, but thats a whole different issue.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
martin said:
ExodusinFlames said:
Salvia Divorinum - Commonly known as diviners sage. Mild hallucinogen, hilarious resulsts. Speaking from experience, its not that bad. You remember strange obscure memories from childhood and once everything looked like it was made of lego. But this is a natural substance, growing on its own. Far as I'm concerned can't be too bad.

If it grows on its own, it should be legal.
Certain berries grow on their own and there are quite a few of them that can harm or kill us. Poison ivy grows on its own, Abrin grows on it's own and the poison from that can kill us.

Sorry, it didn't show up the first time.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
corporate_gamer said:
Nah you know what the worse drug is? Cake. I heard of a person who actually sicked up their pelvis after doing cake. True Fact.
Yeah? Well I heard a little boy cried all the water out of his body when he was on cake. Bernard Manning said so, it must be true.

Learchuz

Feb 3, 2009
Ragdrazi said:
I'm not batting an eye. My experience with cigarets has shown me that Salvia really isn't anything like addictive, and I don't really know how bad it is for your body. But the fact that you can see anything and be convinced it is real, and the fact that, unless you do it in a highly mediative way, that thing you're going to see is probably going to be varying degrees of scary for you, combined with the fact that you retain all control over your body means that people stand a real good chance of injuring themselves seriously on the stuff.
Exactly why you need someone who's going to be sober there with you. There was one video of a kid on Salvia. Tool was playing in the background. They eventually had to shut it off it was freaking him out so much. Your experience with Salvia can vary greatly heh.