Poll: Sandwiches!

RichardThompson

Aug 25, 2010
Depends on where I am. I live in a cold place, so a nice hot sandwich is always welcome. However when I was in japan I loved getting one's from cooler-boxes.

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
I say other because both are good depending on the sandwich.
Betancore said:
And I hate it when they toast my sub at Subway. It comes out looking all melted and limp. What happened to all that lovely, crispy freshness?
They don't toast it after they put the toppings on do they? Because thats just backwards. You can only heat up a sandwich with meat and cheese, and then you add other stuff otherwise the lettuce comes out all wilted looking.
Macgyvercas said:
It depends on the sandwhich.

Combination subs I like chilled, roast beef subs I like toasted, and PB&J I like at room temperature (except the J part, obviously).
Try a PB&J pan fried as if you were making grilled cheese. Your opinion on their preferred temperature will change. Oh, and bring a knife and fork because peanut butter will spill out.

SaunaKalja

Sep 18, 2009
Bread becomes exponentially better if it's heated in some way. Toast is pretty much always awesome, but also heating bread up in microwave makes it great. Toast is obviously more crunchy, while microwaved bread will retain its softness.

It's really weird how much better some bread with cheese on it becomes if you microwave it so that the cheese melts o_O . Mystical!

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
Diligent said:
They don't toast it after they put the toppings on do they? Because thats just backwards. You can only heat up a sandwich with meat and cheese, and then you add other stuff otherwise the lettuce comes out all wilted looking.
But that's what they do! At least the two times I had mine toasted. Never again. Maybe there's something wrong with the Subway I go to.

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Warm or cooked is the best, although I'm so lazy I stick to Room temperature ones.
Man, did you make me hungry....

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Depends. For standard spreads like nutella/peanut butter I would say room temp as that's when their viscosity is the best. Sanwiches with meat like BLTs should always be hot. Prawn Mayo should be chilled.

TheSkaAssassin

Oct 12, 2009
depends on whats on it.
Lunch meats and veggies I like cold, whilst gourmet meats and cheeses are best when warm and gooey.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Any other sandwich than cheese, room temperature.
I get hungry just thinking about toasted cheese sandwiches... dangit, I thought about them.

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
Glamorgan said:
I like sandwiches in all shapes and forms.

Omnomnom
Couldn't have said it better myself. Although it has to be the right stuff on it... And that's cheese, and lots of it :D

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
yoyo13rom said:
Warm or cooked is the best, although I'm so lazy I stick to Room temperature ones.
Man, did you make me hungry....
Wasnt the intention to make you hungry...but hey, we're talking about sandwiches, so obviosly someone would start getting cravings. And good answer, Cooked sandwiches are always better :)