Poll: schism who is right? wolverine or cyclops?

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
for those of you who dont know a litle while ago there was a event in the x mens world during this event the home island of the mutant race, utopia, was under great threat from a very large super sentinal (kind of a robot mutant slayer) unleashed by a new hellfire club (unrelevent) anyway when the shadow of the sentinal hit the shores of utopia an argue aroused between cyclops (then the x mens leader) and wolverine (the guy with the claws) considering the younger x men (there is a group of teen mutants in the x men nicknamed "generation hope" why? go read comics and find out i cant explain everything here!) with all senior x men disabled or halfway across the world (exept wolverine and cyclops) wolverine said that the x men must evacuate the young mutants thus sacrafising their home island cyclops (and most of said young mutants) said that they should fight the sentinal (wich was practicly suicide at the time) there was a big fight between cyclops and wolverine and in the end the sentinal was beaten and the island was saved following this event wolverine quits the x men and goes to reopen the exaviers school for gifted children (from wich the x men originly came) to give the new generation of mutants a chance for a normal childhood and a chance to learn about their powers before going fighting with them.
so who do you agree with? cyclops or wolverine? can mutant children and teens realy have a normal childhood? should they?

well i think that logans vision for an oportunity for young mtants to live life as regular kids is admirable and him willing to fight for it is noble but... i must agree with cyclops when he said that its imposible i mean just think about it... can they realy just not fight? can they realy ever just be kids? im afraid the answer is no...

dickywebster

Jul 11, 2011
Id say wolverine, even though id have thought he would be the one who was all for the fighting.

Also it could just be me, but i think cyclops seems to come across as more of an asshole than the older ones.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
dickywebster said:
Id say wolverine, even though id have thought he would be the one who was all for the fighting.
well i must say that i would expect it unless it was so expected i mean think of it! wolverine is all for fighting? wolverine crossed some damn line? well wow that didnt happen since last week! on the other hand summers is less agresive therefore in some way less but more obvious to be the one to cross the line and call for fighting...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Consider the fact the mutant race is almost wipe out thanks to the House Of M story arc (Scarlet Witch taking away most of the mutants powers) years ago, I with Cyclop. I mean they are a endanger race and there are still plenty of villains who want them all dead so they got to be trained to fight to defend themselves. The days of simple life acting like a normal kids are over for them since they have to fight for suvival now.

This may help those who have no idea what going on with the X-men comic http://www.comicvine.com/news/the-x-men-schism-aftermath-who-was-right-cyclops-or-wolverine/143684/

Dragonclaw

Dec 24, 2007
To me it was totally out of character for Wolverine. I mean, Wolvie has been going into battle with little kids beside him since day 1....Kitty Pryde...Jubilee...For him to VERY suddenly be all "kids fighting is bad" just makes ZERO sense to me. If it had been Storm, or hell just about ANY other X-Man taking that stance this story would have worked better IMHO.

dickywebster

Jul 11, 2011
idodo35 said:
dickywebster said:
well i must say that i would expect it unless it was so expected i mean think of it! wolverine is all for fighting? wolverine crossed some damn line? well wow that didnt happen since last week! on the other hand summers is less agresive therefore in some way less but more obvious to be the one to cross the line and call for fighting...
Actually thats a good point, but im currently reading those marvel aventures avengers books and the last one i have has wolverine hitting an unconsious dinosaur with a stop sign, its just one example in a long list. But hey, maybe its a new side of wolverine thats not so crazy, now ive actually looked this up, im curious to see how the story goes.

. . . sleepy . . .

Jun 12, 2011
I agree with Wolverine-- if escape is an option, then risking the lives of the children is the moral equivalent of attempted murder.

Cyclops is wrong because he's thinking about principles rather than practicality. A strong honor code is all very well and good, but if it prevents you from considering the worst-case-scenario endings for any two possible choices, then it's just being stubborn.

Jan 27, 2011
Honestly? I'd ask the kids.

If they want to risk their lives, then I don't see how you could stop them, they're superpowered mutants, they'll fight even if you tell them not to.

On the other hand, if they don't want to fight, don't make them.

But I'm more inclined to side with the "don't make them fight" side. They're kids. You'd have to be a psycho to order them to fight in a hopeless battle.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Anyone who thinks it's out of character for Wolverine needs to read Aaron's recent run on Wolverine (he's the guy who will be writing Wolverine and the X-men). He lost badly to this group of people who did a whole bunch of stuff to him, but worst of all got him to kill a half a dozen bastard children of his without realising. It's kind of affected him bad.

Meanwhile Cyclops has gotten more and more colder and manipulative to protect the mutant race. I don't think either is completely right or wrong.

Dragonclaw said:
To me it was totally out of character for Wolverine. I mean, Wolvie has been going into battle with little kids beside him since day 1....Kitty Pryde...Jubilee...For him to VERY suddenly be all "kids fighting is bad" just makes ZERO sense to me. If it had been Storm, or hell just about ANY other X-Man taking that stance this story would have worked better IMHO.
It's actually pretty good character development, see what I said above about his children, but also prior to the Sentinel attack he just watched Idie a 14year old girl, who'd previously been hanging around Wolverine as a potential Kitty/Jubilee/Armor replacement, kill a whole bunch of soldiers to save the X-men. He'd also had a big problem with the original X-force that Cyclops had him to lead, because he was making young heroes (Elixer, X-23, Warpath) kill.

KurtzGallahad

Oct 8, 2009
I vote for Wolverine, because he doesn't control their leaving the school when they want to, hence, if they want to fight, they can. Whereas Cyclops may let them leave their new home, once you've encountered the enemy or become associated with the X-men you're effectively a target.

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
While the vision is ideal, cyclops is eventually right.

Even if Wolverine's idea is better.

Unless they hide their powers FOREVER. Then they aren't being themselves and should be shot in the testicles/ovaries.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Altorin said:
Home... Island... of the Mutant Race?

Yeah, I'm done with Marvel.
It was actually a decent story, the X-men and remaining mutants after M-Day (an event that removed the majority of mutant powers in the world) had previously moved to San Fran after the destruction of the Mansion, it was pretty good as they were the only real West Coast super team and stories outside of New York are always appreciated, though the whole Mutants = minorities was very much at the surface of every story. Then when the govenrment started to oppress them they refloated the sunken parts of Asteroid M (Mangeto's old space lair from years back) of the coast and created their own nation. It's then been pretty much under constant from everything from an evil team of Avengers, an ancient vampire goddess with an army of mutant zombies and sentinels from the future.

On second thoughts after re-reading all that, you've probably got the right idea...but as I said above at least the new arrangment with the teams looks good.

Dragonclaw

Dec 24, 2007
I'll be honest. I haven't read the Wolverine solo title is a long time...probably because I get my fill of him between X-Titles, Avengers, New Avengers, Fear Itself....so I missed that run.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Cheshire the Cat said:
Wait. What the fuck? Am I in bizzaro verse or something?
Wolverine and Cyclopes personalities seem to have been switched. Weird.
Consistently, wolverine has shown a soft spot for children can't say that comes as a surprise...

I interpreted it as Cyclops doing the noble thing and not giving an inch to those who would see his people destroyed.