Poll: School of Magic

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Hello escapists.
This announcement is brought to you by The Iron Ruler, a swell guy to befriend.
Now to the topic.
I've ben wondering about the various schools of magic, if you might try to box the concept of magic into various schools.
What i came up with are these -
1. Necromancy- You bring back the dead, make them do your bidding and trick a human queen in the process.
2. Destruction- Like incindiary rounds, but even more illegal, and doesn't require a weapon to fire.
3. Restoration- being a doctor with no real training, it's my dream coming true.
4. Telekenises - The ability to control objects via your mind, similar to vectors, charles Xavier and most importantly, you can use pens as high velocity projectiles, causing injury a la manhunt style.
5. Elementalism - basically Avatar (not the large blue men) but with robes. Actually, when you look at it that way, Avatar has magic - Elementalism.
6. Teleportation - Because backstabbing your opponent never ceases to amuse you.
7. Illusion - because being a gifted stage magician qualifies you for a free school year in Hogwartz. I wish they had made THAT movie instead of that other series.
* Lesbomancy - the ancient art passed down in a mysterious manner. Only seen in 'the witcher 2' but is a prominent member of the schools of magic and will expand as the years go by.
I advise you to do the following -
1. tell me of other schools of magic I forgot.
2. Choose which school of magic is preferable.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Assuming I can learn all the elements and combine the way Naruto does it where you get stuff like wood, I'd take the Elementalism.

As to what you forgot... I think you forgot Alchemy, but i'd forgive that, thats more science. maybe shapeshifting?

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
emeraldrafael said:
Assuming I can learn all the elements and combine the way Naruto does it where you get stuff like wood, I'd take the Elementalism.

As to what you forgot... I think you forgot Alchemy, but i'd forgive that, thats more science. maybe shapeshifting?
Naruto type 'magic' is rather shakey, especially with 'wood' since it's a genetic ability that only the first Hokage had. The other mate had some of his DNA in him... from his conception.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
I'm so torn, I want them all. I guess it depends what i want to do with the rest of my life...
I'm going to go with telekinesis. Then join the CIA. Be an assassin.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Teleportism? Maybe?
EDIT: Sorry I forgot to say which one I'd prefer, I would love telekinesis, it just seems the most powerful to me.

Harkonnen64

Jul 14, 2010
Hmmm... rather than any of those choices, I would take up alchemy, Fullmetal Alchemist style. Or even classical alchemy style. Just something about the runes and components that I find fascinating.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
emeraldrafael said:

Naruto type 'magic' is rather shakey, especially with 'wood' since it's a genetic ability that only the first Hokage had. The other mate had some of his DNA in him... from his conception.
Well, I mean you get the open option to learn it. Cause wood would be an awesome element to have, and there's no real reason you couldnt get it if you had the DNA and somehow merged it. remember, we are talking magic, so we can have some fantasy.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Berethond said:
I'm so torn, I want them all. I guess it depends what i want to do with the rest of my life...
You have a point, you can use wee little pullets instead of a sniper rifle, therefore being super efficient and cheap (bullet wise).
Though it would take you to be aware o speeding bullets to neutralize them.

Shimmyshake

Mar 25, 2010
Restoration. I don't like hurting people.

Besides, then I wouldn't have to pay for medical school.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Destruction, because throwing fire or lightning out of your palms is frakking awesome. And would make you really popular in the smoking area at the nearby clubs.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
TheIronRuler said:
Berethond said:
You have a point, you can use wee little pullets instead of a sniper rifle, therefore being super efficient and cheap (bullet wise).
Though it would take you to be aware o speeding bullets to neutralize them.
True. Unless I can train my mind to be aware of fast objects and stop them when they get close, Dune style. I'm sure that's possible.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
LobsterFeng said:
Teleportism? Maybe?
EDIT: Sorry I forgot to say which one I'd prefer, I would love telekinesis, it just seems the most powerful to me.
Took your advice, you have a point.
What would Toby do without any teleportation?

DragonFae

Dec 25, 2010
I went with elementalism. But for ones you've left out, there's controlling plants/animals, the other psychic powers aside for telekinesis, and illusionism (creating illusions and basically messing with peoples minds.)

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Disaster Button said:
What about Illusion? I always liked that one.
DragonFae said:
I went with elementalism. But for ones you've left out, there's controlling plants/animals, the other psychic powers aside for telekinesis, and illusionism (creating illusions and basically messing with peoples minds.)
Apparently Illusion seems to be a school of magic. It seems to be more prominent than Teleportation, any opinions about it, escapists?