Poll: Screamo and You!

seventy7l

Oct 9, 2009
Good Evening I'd like to ask you all whether or not you listen to screamo or in my case post-hardcore music because most people I see tend to listen to about 5 seconds and absolutely hate it. So what is your take on screamo or post hardcore?

I happen to listen to post hardcore quite often, mainly Escape the Fate and Alesana though.

oreopizza47

May 2, 2010
I listen to a little of everything, not enough to know the bands but enough to know what I'm hearing. I've heard a few things that might be considered Screamo, didn't hate it too much. Kinda like a really loud form of hard rock, so not half bad.

Dec 14, 2009
Funeral for a Friend is the only band that I like from that genre, although a lot of their newer stuff is moving away from that sound. Casually Dressed and Deep in Conversation is still one of my favourite albums of all time.

Capcom4ever

Jun 24, 2010
Might need a better definition for "post-hardcore," but the music that makes most people's ears bleed is quite good to me.

Goody

Jan 2, 2011
Not a lot of it, prefer Thrash Metal personally, and the subsequent Groove Metal

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
I don't listen to much new music. I tend to stick to the stuff I've owned since highschool.
Post a couple of band names that you like, I'll go have a listen and I'll let you know.

seventy7l

Oct 9, 2009
Capcom4ever said:
Might need a better definition for "post-hardcore," but the music that makes most people's ears bleed is quite good to me.
Well I'm not too good with definitions but to be post hardcore they need screaming and a clean vocals uhh well maybe not the best example but it's what I like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMWZ9bRqzms

templargunman

Oct 23, 2008
The main thing I've found that I don't like about a lot of metal is blast beats, it's just oversimplified beats played at really fast tempos. Being a technical drummer, that sounds terrible to me. I do like some metal, and screamo is fine if I already like the melody and rhythm of the piece, but screamo as a genre doesn't interest me.

Edit:

seventy7l said:
Capcom4ever said:
Well I'm not too good with definitions but to be post hardcore they need screaming and a clean vocals uhh well maybe not the best example but it's what I like

If that's what screamo is I FUCKING HATE THAT. I hate that generic tenor singer voice that sounds like a whiny ***** the entire song until the back up vocalist comes in and screams into the microphone for a bit. If you mean something like Lamb of God, I like that sometimes, but that shit seventy71 posted is terrible.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
I can't stand post hardcore stuff. The screaming annoys me and they sound horrendous when they have clean vocals

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
Only Post-hardcore-esk bands I like would be Circle Takes the Square, La Dispute, Thrice and Thursday.

I've seen a couple bands called Post Hardcore I like but I doubt there what your talking about.

seventy7l

Oct 9, 2009
templargunman said:
The main thing I've found that I don't like about a lot of metal is blast beats, it's just oversimplified beats played at really fast tempos. Being a technical drummer, that sounds terrible to me. I do like some metal, and screamo is fine if I already like the melody and rhythm of the piece, but screamo as a genre doesn't interest me.

Edit:

seventy7l said:
Capcom4ever said:

If that's what screamo is I FUCKING HATE THAT. I hate that generic tenor singer voice that sounds like a whiny ***** the entire song until the back up vocalist comes in and screams into the microphone for a bit. If you mean something like Lamb of God, I like that sometimes, but that shit seventy71 posted is terrible.
Alright! I see well I usually listen to whatever sounds good to me and don't look into it much and I respect that you know your stuff though thanks for the input.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Screamo takes everything I love about metal and turns it into the most uninteresting music to me. Not sure if it's due to being crap, or if it just annoys the hell out of me, but whatever it is, I'm definitely not a fan.