Poll: Screamo and You!

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
New Troll said:
Screamo takes everything I love about metal and turns it into the most uninteresting music to me.
Screamo has its origins in emo and hardcore-punk i believe. No direct relation to metal.

OT: I like post-hardcore in general. It is spices the rock genre a bit. I like screamo IF it is used conservatively IE. Lorene Drive. Bands like The Locust and The Blood Brother... not so much.

stefani_saturn

Feb 10, 2011
yeah in most cases i believe screaming is like salt, its great to garnish a meal with, but you don't want the meal to consist solely of salt. there are a few exceptions though of course

Dr. Win

Jan 2, 2011
I will admit that I listen to and enjoy Bring me the Horizon now and then, but I also have to admit that they're getting worse. the only post hardcore band I like is Alexisonfire, everything else just sounds terrible to me.

As for metal I prefer melodic metal, like Black Dahlia Murder's Deflorate album (although I like most of their stuff), or In Flames.

I like a bit of everything though, from the aforementioned bands to stuff like Pendulum and Deadmau5. And also Avenged sevenfold, they are probably my favourite overall band right now.

Nazz3

Sep 11, 2009
I still listen to Trivium sometimes. But they're a trash / metalcore band though, with one full trash metal album.

Bloody Sun Boy

Jun 3, 2010
I love screamo music, if anyone wants to hear a good screamo band with a woman lead singer check out 'Rolo Tomassi'.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
The hell's Screamo?
Am I out of touch or or they not that well known outside the fanbase?

Kelthurin

Jun 18, 2009
I'll never understand how people can like music that consists of nothing but screaming. You can't hear the lyrics, and afterwards it's as if you've been listening to screaming children for 5 minutes.
I love metal, but this... this falls under the heading "Abominable" in my book.
Take your snake oil elsewhere.