Poll: Screen Watching.

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
It is really hard not to look, I always try not to but every once in a while my eye catches their screen piece and since I play a game many many times I usually know the location of the person.

thewerebuffalo

Mar 25, 2009
I kinda have a curse in screen looking. see I try not to do it because I used to do it a lot. but now when I'm playing with my friends I get a six sense and somehow subconsciously glance at their screens and notice they have me in their scopes. so I avoid it. I don't mean to do it half the time.

Eternal_24

Aug 4, 2009
Haha, I confess I'm guilty... it's just so hard to resist, plus they're probably doing it to you. I rarely play splitscreen anyway so it doesn't matter too much.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Screen watching...never heard somone call it that. It's always screen peeking, anyway I don't do it if I'm playing a serious game(one where score matters) but if I'm just messing with somone then I will.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
I don't do it on purpose, but my eyes occasionally catch what's on their screen simply because our vision can't focus on our own screen, it's too wide. It's unaviodable, though if you don't want to be accused of screen looking. just try to forget what you caught on another person's screen.

Ninja_X

Aug 9, 2009
Hard not to.

But I hate it when I want to sneak up on and knife a friend in COD4 and he gets me only because he screen-looks. grrrr.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
KingOfTwilight said:
Avykins said:
Well unless you have tunnel vision it is kind of impossible not to see...
Anyway if you are deliberately doing it then yes, it is cheating. However what sort of game even has split screen any more?
Ones that cater to people other than just our internet obsessed teen culture.
So... not starcraft II? xD

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
My friends and I don't do it when we are playing seriously. Although, anything goes when we are screwing around.

Rett Silvari

May 26, 2009
Here's how I see it. Victory is so much sweeter when my friends know that I'm coming and still lose. So let them watch as the end draws near.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
Ah, so many easy games of Goldeneye 007 won that way..

But that's why I only play co-op games with people in the same room. Unless it's something one-screen, like SSBB.

LtFerret

Jun 4, 2009
I only do it when my freind is camping

Hey, he thinks he's doing a legitimate strategy, so am I then

Markness

Apr 23, 2008
From my extensive Halo 2 split screen experience I can tell you people go through 3 stages.

1. Starting out and learning the controls in which they focus on there own screen and do not have time to screen cheat.

2. Getting into it and screen cheating like crazy as they use their map knowledge to their advantage. Even when trying not to do it, they will occasionally do it just to check the positions of people.

3. Your get good enough that it is more fun to just play the game then cheat. It is at this stage that you develop a hatred of screen-cheaters. Since I consider myself to be at this stage, yes I hate screen-cheaters.

Btw I call it screen-cheating, screen-watching looks queer.

KenzS

Jun 2, 2008
I consider screen watching to be lame, but it can't be helped. You're sharing a TV screen for christ's sake!

Nipah_

Aug 2, 2009
I used to do it in Goldeneye... nothing like knowing the exact angle to hit the wall with a grenade to really ruin someones streak...

Otherwise, I tend to glance around at the other's screens without really using the information I take in... I like to think of it as my terrible memory helping me not be cheap.

P47R1CK

Jun 15, 2009
Its unavoidable on splitscreen consoles, but just standing still and staring at their screen to figure out their location is kinda low.

When I go to friends houses for LANS, we all screen cheat off of eachother. It doesnt matter 'cause I'm still the best, and those who do it leave the LAN with bruised arms.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
I hate screen lookers, my step-brother did it all the time and he always said "How do you know I am looking at your screen unless you are looking at mine too?" and my answer was always "Because you just ducked for no reason when I had my sniper aimed at your head, thats why!" he would then proceed to deny it until it got so obvious and then he would say "Well, I am now because you were accusing me of it."... I would then punch him in the face! XD