Poll: Seach engine for Yahtzee reviews

Cptn_Squishy

Mar 4, 2009
With almost 160 reviews by Yahtzee, it might be time to create a pull-down menu for people who want to find specific reviews without having to pore through the (so far) 10 pages of reviews.

Good idea or waste of time?

EDIT: Having read some of these replies, especially the dickish 'See that search tab?' posts, I don't think I've articulated myself properly. I'm not talking about searching for a specific game, but for those who like to simply browse. Yahtzee is probably the only game reviewer people revisit, not necessarily because they're looking for information or perspective on a particular game, but because people want to revisit particularly funny moments and don't quite remember which review it was attached to. A drop-down bar would refresh the memories of people who can't remember 'Couldnt be more awesome if it had tits and was on fire' until they actually SEE 'Painkiller' in front of them.

Nikki_Viper

Nov 30, 2010
NO different than LLR, Daily Drop, ENN, or the other videos. you can just enter the right words into the search bar on the upper right hand side of the screen

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
See that thing in the top right corner with the magnifying glass? That's the search bar. Just type in the game and Zero Punctuation and you'll get it.

Happy to help.

Calumon: Search bars... I can't explain that.

The Hot Sauce Thief

Nov 14, 2010
I say go it would be good, but then again, i watch Yahtzee`s reviews on a daily basis.
Should probably do it for all the shows on the Escapist though, not just for one.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
A search engine for the stuff he said in his reviews. Like you want to search up the one where he says "I am a monster truck that walks like a man!" but you can not remember the review name where he said it, just type it in and it will show you. That would actually be useful.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Justin Tarrant said:
A search engine for the stuff he said in his reviews. Like you want to search up the one where he says "I am a monster truck that walks like a man!" but you can not remember the review name where he said it, just type it in and it will show you. That would actually be useful.
I would actually love this. I know it'd take about 10 years to set up, but the world would be a better place for it. A better place filled with sarcastic, sweary phrases.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Seriously, I don't see a problem with the search bar. Especially since, with 160 reviews, the drop down would be huge/require a lot of scrolling.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
It's an okay idea, but I say do an archive drop-down box only, and do it for all videos, not just ZP. I mean, what about, say, Unskippable? Or Daily Drop? There are tons of videos in both of those, it would make them so much easier to find too, so why not use the same idea for multiple videos, not just 'the almighty and famous' Yahtzee?

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Justin Tarrant said:
Exactly. This would be actually helpful.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Justin Tarrant said:
Darksiders review -referring to War being, well, war. Close to the end. No, I didn't just watch it, I just remember
A search engine for phrases would be good. The search bar works just fine for episodes already.
Search bar clone, search bar clone, search bar clone, and...search bar
Cookie for reference

bulldogftw

Jan 4, 2011
Justin Tarrant said:
This would be a great idea, also the review is Darksiders

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
F-I-D-O said:
Justin Tarrant said:
Darksiders review -referring to War being, well, war. Close to the end. No, I didn't just watch it, I just remember
A search engine for phrases would be good. The search bar works just fine for episodes already.
Search bar clone, search bar clone, search bar clone, and...search bar
Cookie for reference
The beginning of Darksiders where he goes on about the god of war rip offs.