Poll: Sexual favors for Star Wars memorabilia

ReadyAmyFire

May 4, 2012
Seems a bit superfluous. Surely the point of sex is that both are already getting something out of it.

This seems to equate more to prostitution rather than normal sex, so no.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I don't know if it speaks more to my nerd-dom, my integrity, or my desire for true love when I say no.

fleurdust

Jul 14, 2011
I wonder if I could offer to have sex with someone in exchange for them giving me more than I paid for for my SWTOR collector's edition...

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
I can't answer honestly, because I have no prized childhood possessions. I'm not sure what that feels like. I moved to a different country when I left my fathers home and, aside from books, took nothing with me. I also have a habit of giving shit away I don't use anymore.

As for the prostitution aspect, I would go with no. Prostitution's legal here in Holland and it once came up that I didn't think I'd ever meet an attractive pre-op transwoman. One of my friends told me there were several decent-looking ones in the trans-hooker street (this is in Amsterdam, btw) and that she would be fine with waiting in the pub for me. I realized, as I'd never really considered the option before, that I wasn't personally okay with going to a prostitute, legal or not.

TL;DR: no.

iseko

Dec 4, 2008
let me think on this... YES! First you had fun as a kid playing with your toys. Now you have fun playing as an adult, again thanks to the toys. Three-way with two hot girls in exchange for a miniature darth vader. What is there to think about? And the people who say: I don't need to buy sex. True, you don't (most people anyways). But it would make one hell of story for later

Hang on to your toys kids! They might prove useful someday. Have I ever told you about...

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Seeing as I'm not for paying for sex anyway, there is no way in hell I'm giving up my replica Obi Wan Kenobi lightsaber for a one night stand.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
If a shit about your figures you don't give, let your lightsabre run wild, you must.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
if someone wanted something of mine that i wasn't using, i would give it to them and ask nothing in return.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
In real life no i probably would not.
In some sort of hyper reality where i have star wars memorabilia? Sure why not.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I'm not desperate enough to choose prostitution as a way of getting laid. I also gave away all my toys so I have nothing to give away. But let's just stick with the fact that I wont pay for sex. Not even a threesome.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
How is that different from giving a CD to a girl you like?

Even if there is no relationship, it's not "prostitution". It's the 21st century, people don't need to be committed in a relationship to have sex.

Okay, if they were gifts from my parents then I wouldn't. But I mean, I like Star Wars, but I'm not a fanatic or anything. If they were things I got for myself or anything, then it's fine.

Let's be realistic, I still have my Legos but I don't even play with them. I don't think I have seen them in years. I'm attached to some stuff but I wouldn't cling onto a load of red bricks. They're bricks. Nothing special about them.

This coming from a person who rarely throws stuff away. I hate saving memories but I can't throw away tickets for some shows/flights to London for some reason.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
Ahh, back in the day you get that by fixing computers, good times... or so I've been lead to believe.
No, I wouldn't, neither do or care about.

Jonluw said:
Not if I'm attached to the item in question, no.

And I find the whole "paying for sexual favours" thing a bit iffy.

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
So... Basically you want them to fuck you in exchange for material posessions? That's basically prostitution, isn't it? I have nothing against prostitution morally, it's not for me but to each their own, but that's basically what you're suggesting, that you'd like to sleep with a prostitute (of sortts)

Hawgh

Dec 24, 2007
Well. You'll pretty much be trading memories for memories, so it's really a subjective decision of which memories you'd treasure more: Childhood memories or kinky, kinky sex-memories.
Generally, I think I'd go with keeping the childhood memorabilia. Pass the toys down to future generations and such.
Then they can trade them in for sexual favours, if they so please.

But never go back on a deal, that's dishonest.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
No. I don't need to pay people for sex, and I wouldn't want to.
And your story is kind of freaky and hilarious.
If I was round a guy-friends house admiring his plushies and he says I can have one if I fuck him I'm pretty sure I would die laughing.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
go for it if:

If you dont care that much about that stuff
they dont ask for to many of said stuff (you never know if you want to repeat)
theres a chance for a three some

On the other hand why don you just make friends with them and you might get to have sex for free.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
i have a girlfriend, we have sex, the question doesn't really apply to me. hypothetically though, i doubt it xD

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
OhJohnNo said:
The world would be a much weirder place if people could "un-fuck" each other.
Perhaps, but perhaps it would be a good thing as it could eliminate cases of rape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for trading, sure, why not? Its always been a simple matter of what commodity.