Poll: Should girls be taught how to pee standing up as children?

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
~reads through instructions~ ugh. That sounds WAY too complicated.
And complicated is not what I'm looking for when I desperately need to pee... XD

MrCatchTwenty2

Aug 21, 2014
I didn't really get a chance to read through the instructions(I'm at work and it's definitely not safe), not that I likely would have grasped the specifics of the method anyway as I am a very ignorant man.

However, I was wondering if we have any verification that this method works? I'm not calling bullshit but I am skeptical. If it doesn't actually work then all it amounts to is a new wives' tale that will cause quite a mess especially in schools.

I have the feeling that if this "discovery"(assuming it's a new find) was really that valid and/or important, we would have heard something about it and this discussion would be had somewhere other than an internet forum.

But assuming it works...

I still don't see a reason why it should be "taught". Most of your valid pros are based around urinating outside and if it's just for that then it really falls under the "helpful tips you picked up from your parents" category, instead of a change in the base method children are taught. The other pros aren't big enough deals to constitute changing such a basic aspect of life.

UnloadedDevice said:
- Speed up washroom lines by installing urinals
I assume women's bathroom's account for a lack of urinals by having more stalls.
UnloadedDevice said:
- Less wiping than a sitting pee
Possible but realistically everyone should be at least wiping a little no matter what their doing.
UnloadedDevice said:
- Don't need to sit on gross toilet seats
You're still going to have to sit there to poop, guys don't like it either but some TP on the seat will do fine.
UnloadedDevice said:
- Equality
...Really...? Please tell me how sitting or standing when you pee has any effect on gender equality. Letting them choose? Fine, maybe I can see that. But teaching women that they should pee "Standing, the way the boys do it"(for lack of better phrasing) isn't equality. Do women somehow gain respect when they pee standing? No. It's trivial. Gender differences and gender inequality are not the same thing. -_-
//mini-rant over.
P.S. I forgot that you actually included "proof" in video form, but out of both my inability to view it(still at work) and my laziness, I'm not changing what I wrote.

sky pies

Oct 24, 2015
dear god no! Boys should be taught to pee sitting down! (and to stop treating public toilets like poo drying platforms)

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
If nothing else, it will serve them well when they are drunk at parties and have to go behind a bush or something because the bathroom is too far away.

Aug 31, 2012
Something about this and your avatar seems familiar...*checks post history*...

Yup...http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.842429-Girls-can-pee-standing-up-Without-making-a-mess#20725696

This is a "thing" for you isn't it?

OT: Whatever, I aint the pee police.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
i kinda voted yes? I think teaching them that this is an option they can take is good because:
a) they will know their body better
b) they will have more options

Whether to use this technique however should be up to them on their own.

Carzinex

Mar 29, 2011
MarsAtlas said:
Carzinex said:
MarsAtlas said:
Now if only more of those men washed their hands.
As i've told many a toilet attendant "Why?, my dicks not dirty"
No, but your pants are dirty . And the toilet seat. And the lever to flush the toilet. And the piss that a lot of people just wipe off on their pants buttocks. Franky one should actually wash their hands prior to unzipping because thats how a lot of UTI's occur and afterwards because nothing in the bathroom is clean.
How do you know my pants are dirty??? My trousers cover the stains! look, i work looong hours and don't always have time/energy to put a wash on when i get back from work, don't judge me!!!

I promise i wash them when they get itchy cos that means my dick IS getting dirty

stormtrooper9091

Jun 2, 2010
Yes. They should. Not only am I absolutely fed up with having to wait 20 fucking minutes while a woman (wife, mother, sister, friend, whatevs) I happened to be with does her thing, it will be the most practical thing and the biggest step forward for women in history

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
FalloutJack said:
I dunno, man. Sounds to me like the difference between waiting on people and doing the same thing with roller skates.
Except it's really not. It's the difference between aiming when you pee and aiming with a slightly shorter device when you pee.

Phasmal said:
Um, no. Why would women even want to pee standing up? The whole idea of urinals is pretty gross to me to begin with. Personally I don't get why dudes don't just sit down- though I've had some guys defend standing up to pee as if it were the essence of masculinity!!!
Can't say as I know jack about the "masculinity" angle, but there's the "not touching a disgusting toilet seat" angle.
CrystalShadow said:
~reads through instructions~ ugh. That sounds WAY too complicated.
And complicated is not what I'm looking for when I desperately need to pee... XD
Kinda missing the complicated part. But ostensibly, you would try anything like this before you needed to pee so it wasn't an issue when you did need to.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Nope.

If the standing up to pee bit is all men have now to make us men special, then either give us the 'baby-making bits', or we get to keep the 'peeing standing up'.

Both are sacred duties that are intrinsic to the survival of the race, and that degree of responsibility should be evenly meted out.

Sep 13, 2009
No. We simply can't let them take the last bastion of masculinity. Look at what they've already took from us:
- Wearing pants
- Having sex with women
- Being protagonists

Not this one, ladies. Not this one

God'sFist

May 8, 2012
If women want to pee standing up that's their prerogative. But saying that all girls should learn it is bit much. For me being male the ability to pee standing up is more convenience than practical. To be fair peeing sitting down can suck when you're in a shitty bathroom, pun intended. Yeah I could care less if women wanted to pee standing up but don't be mad if you're bathrooms start getting dirtier.

And yes I could care less you grammar nazis I know what I said.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States

[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]Stealth reaction image thread? Stealth reaction image thread.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

Whatever floats your boat. Hell, use a toilet the Butters way.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Why would I forsake my privilege of urinating sitting down? You guys can keep your urinals and your ease of peeing during road trips, because I demand a comfy porcelain (or high quality plastic) seat ring to be satisfied!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Gethsemani said:
Why would I forsake my privilege of urinating sitting down? You guys can keep your urinals and your ease of peeing during road trips, because I demand a comfy porcelain (or high quality plastic) seat ring to be satisfied!
Well, obviously we did not know we were in the presence of royalty. *curtsies*

...is your sceptre a plunger? >.>

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
What about end-of-stream splatter? I can see women being mostly okay peeing standing up, but what about when they've depleted their bladders and are pushing the last ounces/drops out? I may be mistaken, but I imagine they'd have to crowd right into the urinal to get the last bit out without hitting the floor. At least having a penis gives us males a bit of leeway.

Phasmal said:
Um, no. Why would women even want to pee standing up? The whole idea of urinals is pretty gross to me to begin with. Personally I don't get why dudes don't just sit down- though I've had some guys defend standing up to pee as if it were the essence of masculinity!!!

I don't really get it. I've been female all my life and I can't say I've ever been in a situation where I needed to pee standing up.
Sitting down is far better, in my opinion.
Based on my anecdotal experiences (mostly from waiting for friends who need to use the bathroom), women take longer to pee and the lines to the women's bathrooms are generally longer than the ones to the men's bathroom. Surely this must mean that male peeing habits are more time-efficient than their female counterparts?

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Phasmal said:

I don't really get it. I've been female all my life and I can't say I've ever been in a situation where I needed to pee standing up.
Sitting down is far better, in my opinion.
Its faster to pee standing up. Plus you only need one hand so you can be doing stuff with the other one, like that dude who can 5 star Through the Fire and the Flames one handed. He learned that because he needed to pee while playing one day.

On a more serious note, although urinals could be considered a little icky, they are way more water efficient than toilets, and since people don't feel the need to 'dress' a urinal before use, you don't waste toilet paper either. The only major downsides are splashback and poor aim, but improved urinal designs are countering this.

Seraj33

Jun 18, 2012
What do you mean, "teach"? No one ever taught me how to pee standing but I do it anyways.
If a girl wants to pee standing, go ahead, just don't be an asshole and piss all over the toilet seat.
There are better things to teach kids no matter the gender. Such as just because someone is different than you doesn't mean they are worth less than you, you know, silly things like that.