Poll: Should I accept my mother in this scenario?

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
Sheesh, normally my first thought in these kinds of situations is that family is the most important thing, blood is thicker than water, etc., but the way you describe it seems pretty rough.

Still, you'd probably feel bad if you locked her out and then learned later that she was killed on the street while being homeless and alone in NYC, so you may want to think of her best interests, even if she's done a poor job thinking of yours. You don't want to end up like her in acting selfishly, do you? ;)

I say take her in, but get a lawyer involved and draw up a contract that requires her to pay rent or something. That, or sit her down with your sister, dad, and a family counselor and let her know she can't just take advantage of the family the way she has these past few years. There are many alternatives to giving your mom the boot, but it's up to you to decide if it's worth your time.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Unless you own the place, it isn't your choice.

What your dad says goes until you move.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
Being best friends with someone who has a mother very similar to this, I can honestly say to not let her live with you. Seriously, don't put up with it. She's a *****, you're smart. If she tries anything, file a restraining order. Problem solved.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Let her in for two weeks. if she doesn't get a job in two weeks then kick her out. Tell her that if she doesn't provide then she doeasn't have any privileges.

lol just like my mum used to tell me to get me to do chores XD

RandomWords

Aug 16, 2010
Give her a week, treat her like shit if you want, no job in a week, no home...oh and be ready to call the cops at any moment.

Aur0ra145

Elite Member
May 22, 2009
Make her earn your respect, make her earn a place to live, make her earn the life she wants, make her earn everything.

CRoone

Jul 1, 2010
...I'm going to make this brief (I had a whole paragraph written, but I didn't like it). She has done little but bring you misery, so you owe her nothing. Discuss the matter with your father and a lawyer, as suggested above, and remember that no true family member would bankrupt themselves and drag your family down just to thumb their nose at the government.
Beyond that, I can't tell you what to do - it's up to you.

It's just a shame that such wastes of space like her walk among us...unbelievable...

thosta

May 4, 2009
Delicious said:
Take your own advice. You and I don't know enough to be able to adequately decide whether or not she stays or goes.

That most of you have decided to be hardasses about it frightens me. I hope you wouldn't treat your mother in the same way.
My own advice would be don't get advice from an internet forum.
But he has and people have replied with the assumption of what he has told is true, if we run with that assumption in mind some of their suggestions are fair ones.

Delicious

Jan 22, 2009
thosta said:
Delicious said:
Take your own advice. You and I don't know enough to be able to adequately decide whether or not she stays or goes.

That most of you have decided to be hardasses about it frightens me. I hope you wouldn't treat your mother in the same way.
But he has and people have replied with the assumption of what he has told is true, if we run with that assumption in mind their suggestions are fair ones.
First off, that's good. Second, what he has told isn't even that bad, yet we've got these dipshits:

Ultratwinkie said:
leave her to rot. work for your food or you get NONE. she needs to learn this the hard way.
Stickwell said:
No, let her rot in the streets of New York... Seriously, Im not joking.
CRoone said:
...I'm going to make this brief (I had a whole paragraph written, but I didn't like it). She has done little but bring you misery, so you owe her nothing. Discuss the matter with your father and a lawyer, as suggested above, and remember that no true family member would bankrupt themselves and drag your family down just to thumb their nose at the government.

It's just a shame that such wastes of space like her walk among us...unbelievable...
somelameshite said:
Make her get a damn job, or better yet, make her pay rent.

She needs a hard lesson that being a freeloader is bad for her health.

If she turns up at your door expecting to be taken in without contributing, feel free to call the cops on her for trespassing.
Acting like she tried to cook him while he was a baby or something.

Calm the fuck down everyone, family members some times don't get along. Welcome to life.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Give her a chance. Set down the rules. If she tries to not to break them give her a second chance. If she breaks them without care get strict.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Get a new family.

Sorry, I'll try again...

...Nope, sorry. I have a very stable family, and don't know how I'd react in this situation.

Delicious

Jan 22, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
Delicious said:
thosta said:
Delicious, for this situation we have nothing to go on other then what the OP has told us so I wouldn't be so quick to assume otherwise. You can only really help people who can help themselves, judging from what I can tell of his family's financial situation the mother will be just unnecessary stress, can they really afford charity to someone who won't even reciprocate it?

my mother isn't a freeloader if what he says is true. any implication otherwise is an insult to my family.
I wasn't addressing you, and as to your family -

Who gives a fuck?

HeySeansOnline

Apr 17, 2009
Well I would say back up your dad, as the first post said make her get a job before she can enter the apartment, and If she starts giving you shit threaten to kick her out.

Delicious

Jan 22, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
Delicious said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Delicious said:
thosta said:
Delicious said:

But he has and people have replied with the assumption of what he has told is true, if we run with that assumption in mind their suggestions are fair ones.
First off, that's good. Second, what he has told isn't even that bad, yet we've got these dipshits:

Ultratwinkie said:
leave her to rot. work for your food or you get NONE. she needs to learn this the hard way.
Stickwell said:
No, let her rot in the streets of New York... Seriously, Im not joking.
CRoone said:

somelameshite said:
Make her get a damn job, or better yet, make her pay rent.

She needs a hard lesson that being a freeloader is bad for her health.

If she turns up at your door expecting to be taken in without contributing, feel free to call the cops on her for trespassing.
Acting like she tried to cook him while he was a baby or something.

Calm the fuck down everyone, family members some times don't get along. Welcome to life.
oh so i am a dipshit for believing that people who willingly refuse work should get food? i never acted like she tried to cook him, i acted like she is another bum who leech off the tit of uncle sam like so many others in my area.
You're a dipshit for assuming she's a bum based on three paragraphs from her estranged son, tardo.

Also, capitalize your fucking posts. Christ, how did you get to 2000 of them?
there are many bums who suckle on the tit of uncle sam. assuming she is another bum is like assuming homeless people sleep on the street. its so common you don't even need evidence anymore. insulting people isn't exactly a good way to get your point across is it? people will assume you're just some 10 year old who got onto daddy's computer and is feeling tough. for the capitalization, if you don't like it then you can just get off the internet. no one is keeping you here.
Ahahah oh God.

You are a treat. But seriously,

Shut the fuck up.