Poll: Should I buy Dead island or Assasin's Creed Brotherhood?

Lenin211

Apr 22, 2011
I have enough money to get either of these games but I cannot decide what to buy. I want Brotherhood solely because some of my xbox live friends play it, I thought that Dead island looked fun. Please help!

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
Haven't played Dead Island. I'm a big AC fan but I felt that Brotherhood was the weakest in the series. Its a fun game, just not great (which is actually what I hear about Dead Island as well). So just pick the one that you think is more your style.

the spud

May 2, 2011
If you are picking between those 2, go for AC. Dead Island is a buggy mess right now.

SilentFlames26

Sep 9, 2011
I went Dead Island for a reason, why buy AC: B when you could wait a couple of months and get AC: Revelations, plus Dead Island actually looks like a game that you can pick up and enjoy straight away, not that I've played it, but I have played Brotherhood and its a good game but repetition can become a real issue later in the game.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
AC:B is basically just AC2.
Dead Island is basically a mass-murder simulator.

buy Dead Island!

TheKramers

May 26, 2011
Lenin211 said:
I have enough money to get either of these games but I cannot decide what to buy. I want Brotherhood solely because some of my xbox live friends play it, I thought that Dead island looked fun. Please help!
Honestly, you can get either, but I voted Brotherhood because if you get it, I'll play with you xD my gamertag is linked to my account on here if you want to add me.

Dead Island is a great single player game, my friend is playing it ten feet from me right now.

But I'm level 50 on the multiplayer of AC:B and it never ceases to be amazing. (Besides, I played the Multiplayer Beta for Assassins Creed: Revelations and I don't like the multiplayer as much,they made some good changes, but some really big bad changes [you don't get told how far away or in what direction your target is in anymore, it only tells you if they're in your line of sight or not])

Everyone else who posted missed the point of your post, they're only taking into consideration AC:B's singleplayer. And if it was only a singleplayer game, then Id tell you to get Dead Island, but AC:B does have multiplayer and it is amazing.

Tyrsian

Mar 26, 2010
IF you have played the 2 other AC games and plan on getting revelations i would get brotherhood. I just got around to getting it and i am loving it' plus its around £15-£20 now so your saving money. Then get Dead Island at a lower price at a later date.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Well, personaly I was let down by Dead Island, it's just Left 4 Dead or Borderlands, but without the surprise factor, and much buggier.

I would recommend AC:B if you're playing the series (don't ever play an AC game without playing its predecessors first) and because you can find it new for about a third of the price of DI now. And it's just more fun, ya know?

I bought DI for ?60, and AC:B (the DaVinci edition) for ?20. Much better value for money.

y04coopa

Apr 25, 2011
If you have some friends to play dead island with go for that, however if it's for single player purposes go for assassins creed, providing your enjoyed the first one's.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Dead Island has it's moments, but it's chock-full of flaws. I've already uninstalled it. Don't think it was worth full price.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is well... more Assassin's Creed. If you liked the previous AC games, the second one in particular, and you want more then chances are you'll like this one.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Dead Island is a buggy worthless repetitive piece of trash. It has no real story, or characters and only one gameplay element - kill zombies. It doesn't matter how many weapons they give you, it gets repetitive and boring after first hour. And there's a lot of backtracking and fetch quests. Also, level scaling. Just thinking about that game makes me angry.

ACB on the other hand is quite the opposite of everything I just said about Dead Island. So get ACB. Although, if you didn't play the original AC and AC2, you should first play those. Stories are connected too much. Games literally take place right where the previous one ended.