Poll: Should I do it?

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
clockout said:
chewbacca1010 said:
Yes, but come to Canada. We're cold as hell, but we have great public transit.
that and we'll crack a beer with anyone, and be your best frwiend.
KiruTheMant said:
Requx said:
spartan1077 said:
Only adivice: Go to Canada
Yeah I agree, our only stereotype is that were nice :) , plus USA kids arent always the most accepting of other cultures.
I am sad to admit my culture ain't the top of the foodchain,at least in acceptance
Kinda forgot to mention our [sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]extra taxes[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

Orwellian37

Dec 22, 2009
Despite the fact that USA has a major case of unwarranted self-importance, high school is pretty chill for me. There actually are four foreign exchange students in my school. You should definitely get into this program no matter where you go.

clockout

Jun 7, 2010
spartan1077 said:
clockout said:
chewbacca1010 said:
Yes, but come to Canada. We're cold as hell, but we have great public transit.
that and we'll crack a beer with anyone, and be your best frwiend.
KiruTheMant said:
Requx said:
spartan1077 said:
Only adivice: Go to Canada
Yeah I agree, our only stereotype is that were nice :) , plus USA kids arent always the most accepting of other cultures.
I am sad to admit my culture ain't the top of the foodchain,at least in acceptance
Kinda forgot to mention our [sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]extra taxes[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
I fucking Love the HST in B.C tyvm... *cries deeply*

The Brocken

Oct 22, 2008
If you come to the US, don't come to the south. If you have even a hint of an accent, you'll never hear the end of it. I should know, my school hosted a Finnish dude, a Russian girl, and a French guy.

EDIT: I just saw how odd this sentence looked.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
(United States here.)

Studying abroad is always a good idea. Unless you're going to Afghanistan or something.

There are a few exchange students in my school this year. A German kid, a Spanish kid, a Norwegian girl, and a Brazillian guy. While I haven't met/talked to the first three, I've heard the Brazillian kid say he likes it better here, and that he'll probably come back after this school year. So I guess the States are pretty alright?

If I were to go to any of your options, I'd probably pick England. But that's just me.

Wintermute_

Sep 20, 2010
Dapsen said:
MEGA EDIT!: I'm beginning to lean more towards Australia.
Dude, go for australia. As an american, I have to tell you, while I love living here, it can get boring fast. Even the major go-to places and landmarks are mostly surrounded by urban sprawl,( at least on the east coast) so you have to search out stuff to do, and its not much to look at.

Australia on the other hand, is a completely unique continent, with beautiful sweeping landscapes, tourist industry that exploits that awesome beauty with super fun stuff, (a cousin o mine went there) and the beaches are the most amazing you'll likely ever see. Visit the reefs and ride a kangaroo for me. (or you can live in california, i guess)

RooftopAssassin

Sep 13, 2009
Cheery Lunatic said:
COME TO TEXAS!

We have a lot of foreign exchange kids at my school actually. Just last month a whole platoon of Japanese kids came. Even though they had normal clothes, they insisted on wearing their Japanese uniforms to school, haha. Though their English was atrocious, it was fun hanging out with them.
This. Our schools are dumb, but our teachers are nice and very progressive thinkers. You might die from the portion sizes though...

Marsell

Nov 20, 2008
If you come to Ar, USA. STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM WEST FORK! that place will ruin ANY good times you might have in high school.
Fayetteville High is pretty good.

CarpathianMuffin

Space. Lance.
Jun 7, 2010
School in the States is a mixed bag. It really is what you make of it, though it leaves many people, including me, feeling nervous and uncomfortable. It isn't quite a sink or swim environment, though it feels like it at times.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
DO IT! However if Cracked has taught me anything, it's don't go to Australia.
http://www.cracked.com/article_16868_the-6-deadliest-creatures-that-can-fit-in-your-shoe_p2.html

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
I'm American, and I think the high schools here aren't so bad. Besides, you're foreign. People here are drawn to people with unusual accents are like moths to a flame :)

mettle_edge

Aug 7, 2010
I'm American and while I can't speak for other schools, mine was pretty damn awesome. It's like a magnet school(just isn't zone restricted, anybody in the city could go) and is basically a nerd haven. It has awesome programs for computer programing/networking, medical stuff, and engineering, and the teachers were all pretty cool.

You just know you're school kicks ass when you get to play Unreal Tournament and America's Army in class with the teacher to "help deepen your understanding of models and simulations".
Also last I heard from a friend who still goes there they had a robotics pep rally where the counselor came riding into the gym on a motorcycle dressed up as darth vader.

Though there are some other schools around here(Huntsville, Alabama) that aren't to bad. And NASA is here so I suppose that's helped.

EDIT: The name of the school is new century technology, if you're interested and it meets up with Denmark's standards.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
Socially, American high-schools are a great place to hang out. Academically, however... well, let's just say that I hope that you're not that bright, otherwise you will be bored out of your mind. And I mean that in the most endearing way possible.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Come to Canada. We're like the Denmark of North America.

Beer and bacon and everything.

Also, snow.

Enjoy!

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
Dapsen said:
MEGA EDIT!: I'm beginning to lean more towards Australia.
Forget Australia.
Come to California. Everything you've heard about it is 100% true. Besides, it'll be a chance to get some good weather for a change.

(BONUS: I'll hang out with you if you come to California.)

SUPA EDIT ADDRESSING CONCERNS RAISED IN THIS THREAD:
As well as offering additional reasons to come to California.
1. Probably the most accepting culture in the world exists in California. (Don't make the mistake in assuming the USA has only one culture - it has very many different cultures.)
2. California is entirely different from any other place you will ever go in your entire existence. It is an amazing mix of cultures. Also probably the most diverse in the world. I can walk to restaurants from nearly every major ethnic group on the planet.
3. We have the best weather ever.
4. Seriously. The weather is awesome.

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
Well, for one, I'm saying that traveling, seeing the world, and experiencing other cultures first-hand is something that can't be beat. That said, high school in the States depends on the area. While I would heartily recommend you visit my fine city of Baltimore, I wouldn't want you to endue the public school system here. It's a disaster! We've got kids graduating 12th grade who can't read their own diplomas! It'd be fine if you went to a private school here, though. They have some standards.