Poll: Should I get the Catherine delux edition?

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
I've been looking forward to playing this for a while, and I am wondering if I should buy the "Love is Over" deluxe edition or not. I have played the demo, did like what I saw, and would enjoy the extra features that come with the deluxe edition. However, I feel like I would rarely play this game once I bought it, not because I wouldn't like it, I probably would. I just would not find any reason to play it more then once. So I may just rent it. So, do you think the extra stuff is worth it? Or should I just rent it. I know I should decide for myself, but I find myself stumped. I am leaning towards buying the deluxe edition, but I'm not 100% sure.

So what would you get.

And I don't plan on buying the normal version, either all of it or none of it.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Err...it sounds like you don't really like the game (or the demo). I can't really fathom buying the collector's edition of a game I don't like.

That said, I'll just be getting the regular version.

JDB15

Jun 12, 2011
I say rent it and if you enjoy it (and want to keep replaying it), then buy it.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
The story is where it's at. But I found the puzzle gameplay utterly frustrating to the point of screaming like a gibbering chimp.

vato_loco

May 24, 2010
I've already preordered Love is Over =3

The thing is: according to early reviews, the game has a really nice replay value with battle modes and a lot of things changing depending on how you handle yourself through the game and regarding your two love interests. So maybe you will have some incentive to come again.

Having said that, if the demo and the videos available only managed to get a "did like it" and "don't know if I'd come back to it", then I don't know. The good thing is that Love is Over is just 20 bucks more expensive, and you do get a cool shirt and boxers, which alone would probably cost as much.