Poll: Should i trust eBay

Alex Tom

Sep 25, 2011
Now i had a really well thought out paragraph but because my internet crashed and the escapest deleted the whole thing it will be a lot less text. A simple question, Should i trust that if i per-order something on eBay that it will come

Edit: Due to unforeseen circumstances my ME3 Collectors edition got canceled(buying for Xbox). if you are gonna tell me not to get it because in your opinion its "incomplete" then just vote in the poll.

Forgot to mention all other stores are sold out of the CE.

Raognerrrm

Apr 2, 2011
I'd say not to trust anything on eBay unless the person you're buying it from actually has what you're buying off them and has a good rating.
Seeing as it's a preorder, they can't have it yet, so I wouldn't trust them.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
I feel like almost everything on eBay is stolen and is being fenced.

Also, why not just get ME3 through Gamestop so you get the pre-order stuff. You don't even have to pay for all of it when you first put in the order.

Alex Tom

Sep 25, 2011
triggrhappy94 said:
I feel like almost everything on eBay is stolen and is being fenced.

Also, why not just get ME3 through Gamestop so you get the pre-order stuff. You don't even have to pay for all of it when you first put in the order.
No Collectors Edition

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I think of eBay as gambling with pretty good odds. I've only been ripped off three times and I have recovered money two of those three times.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
I stopped using eBay when they started forcing PayPal. I loathe PayPal - it's far too easy to be ripped off.

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
i generally won't preorder things on ebay, but i do purchase things on it, i haven't had many issues, but the best thing to do if you are preordering things off ebay is to check the users feedback rating (I don't buy anything from a user who has less than 97% positive feedback), and secondly, make sure you are buying a compatible format (i.e. PAL games are useless on NTSC and NTSC-J consoles, and vice-versa)

Rheinmetall

May 13, 2011
I have bought many games from e-bay without problem, but to be honest never pre-ordered anything. But then again I'm against pre-orders in general.
E-bay is ideal to find rare items, old used games, etc.

Spectrre

Mar 7, 2011
I voted no because I don't feel you should trust them blindly (obviously). There is some nuance, though. I myself have bought games from Ebay 3 times (2 hard copies of an Xbox game and one steam key) and have had no issues with either.

But I did buy them from a well known seller on there who had a flawless rating and nothing but positive feedback. So I guess you kinda have to pick your winners so to speak. Just use some common sense if you do decide to buy something from Ebay.

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
every time ive bought games off ebay theve either been fakes, or broken, Or in some cases 'missing' cd keys.

and i was buying off people with good rep, just watch yourself on there thats all.

im assuming it will be alot better for consoles mind you.

Zoomy

Feb 7, 2008
Really it depends on the dealer; 12,000 feedback with a 99.8% positive rating that you've had good business with before? Go for it.

A wee startup trader with <100 feedback you've never seen before? Well, I never say "never" (some of my best deals have been with 0 feedback sellers), but I wouldn't pre-order from them.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I've bought hundreds of things from Ebay only 1 item hasn't come but got the money back and the seller his item witch had been shipped to a whole other country -.-
But I've never pre-ordered anything, you better check because stores do have ebay pages so if it's a valid store you could do it but if it's a person, then I wouldn't.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
I pre-ordered SR3 through ebay and it worked out fine. Just make sure that the seller has a good reputation.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
If you trust that random strangers on the internet will give you the answer, I don't see why you would not trust eBay.

SnowyGamester

Tech Head
Oct 18, 2009
Ebay is perfectly safe as long as you buy through reputable sellers. Keep in mind that if you're buying something that is too cheap to be true and is coming from a country other than the one that it is manufactured in (particularly stuff from china and hong kong) you are likely to get a forgery or some other rip-off even if they have a high feedback rating, though since avid users realise this and generally know what they're getting and are happy with it some forgers get high ratings (I myself get a lot of cheap crap and give high ratings in return). However if it isn't what it says and you aren't happy with it you have a money back guarantee if you use Paypal. Just make damn sure it says it's the genuine article if that's what you want so there won't be any weaselling out.

As for game preorders or games in general there isn't much likelihood for forgeries and if they've got a high rating you're almost definitely gonna get it unless it gets lost in the post (though I've never had that happen). I've bought (and sold) a few games off there in the past before I went almost exclusively Steam and didn't have any trouble. Getting a tracking number and using Paypal makes purchases completely foolproof in my experience, and even those aren't exactly necessary.

Spectrre

Mar 7, 2011
OniaPL said:
If you trust that random strangers on the internet will give you the answer, I don't see why you would not trust eBay.
While amusing I think your post is contextually wrong. We are not here trying to scam him out of his money or harm him otherwise by giving bad advice. We are just a community that can give our opinion on a given matter, no? (Why do I feel I was about to have a "We are Legion!" -moment?)

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
I've had no problems whatsoever with my experience with eBay, however you cannot say that eBay as a whole is trustworthy, you should be instead asking whether or not an individual seller is trustworthy or not. When you are going to buy something from someone on eBay always check their rating and feedback etc. If the seller has a good rating (at least 90% positive feedback) from a good number of people, you can trust them. There are plenty of honest people on eBay who you can trust, however there is certainly some untrustworthy people, be wary of these and research your seller before buying from them.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
I HAVE had bad experiences with Ebay but I've been able to recover all my lost funds every time!

It's a gamble, but you should go for it!