Poll: Should i trust eBay

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
Spectrre said:
OniaPL said:
If you trust that random strangers on the internet will give you the answer, I don't see why you would not trust eBay.
While amusing I think your post is contextually wrong. We are not here trying to scam him out of his money or harm him otherwise by giving bad advice. We are just a community that can give our opinion on a given matter, no? (Why do I feel I was about to have a "We are Legion!" -moment?)
We are not trying to scam his out of his money? Aww. And here I was already creating a fake eBay site.
Indeed we are a community, but we have no obligation to be helpful or truthful. Therefore, there has to be a certain level of trust established in order for him to be willing to listen to our advice. And as strangers we don't mean anything to him, therefore the level of trust he requires to trust someone is low. And that is why I don't see why he would not trust eBay.

And we are not the "Legion". We are something far more greater.
We are the Internet.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
I've never had a bad experience with ebay. Then again, the only software I've bought off ebay has been game carts for an Atari Lynx. I don't see why you can't just pre-order it online through EA's website or Amazon or some other direct seller, rather than going through a middleman at ebay.

Spectrre

Mar 7, 2011
OniaPL said:
Spectrre said:
OniaPL said:
If you trust that random strangers on the internet will give you the answer, I don't see why you would not trust eBay.
While amusing I think your post is contextually wrong. We are not here trying to scam him out of his money or harm him otherwise by giving bad advice. We are just a community that can give our opinion on a given matter, no? (Why do I feel I was about to have a "We are Legion!" -moment?)
We are not trying to scam his out of his money? Aww. And here I was already creating a fake eBay site.
Indeed we are a community, but we have no obligation to be helpful or truthful. Therefore, there has to be a certain level of trust established in order for him to be willing to listen to our advice. And as strangers we don't mean anything to him, therefore the level of trust he requires to trust someone is low. And that is why I don't see why he would not trust eBay.

And we are not the "Legion". We are something far more greater.
We are the Internet.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

xD Thank you for that video! I didn't fully realize how scared people should be of us!

Anyway, I understand your reasoning and I agree. But I still think that while we have no obligation to be truthful like you said, we don't have much motivation to be dishonest either (besides for lolz maybe) so yea. But I still agree. Nor would I trust everything people on here tell me. But I think if you "compile" everyones response into a one basic conclusion I think you can at least get SOME idea of what you wanted to know.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Trust eBay? yes. Trust most of the people selling stuff on eBay?not so much.