Poll: showers. morning or night?

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
simple question.
do you take your shower/bath at night so you can wake up all smelly and sweaty ready for a new day, bathe in the morning so you can go to bed smelling like garbage or take one morning and night and kill a few dolphins?

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
I went with "both" because the poll didn't have a "3 or more showers a day", to be honest.

1. When I wake up.
2. Around 4pm.
3. Before I go to bed.

It's quite hot and humid here. Even if you take a shower before going out, by the time you leave the house you're already sweating. Right now we're hosting the Confederations Cup (a glimpse of what's coming in the World Cup) and the european teams are constantly complaining about the weather, and the matches are at 4PM and 7PM. It's funny because in the World Cup next year they will play at 1PM too.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Night showerer here. And the primary reason is... I'm too lazy to take a shower in the morning before work.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I prefer to shower in the morning (I can't really do it these days). It was such a refreshing feeling and a good proper way to wake you up fully for the day!

Dec 14, 2009
I'd rather wash the day's grime away before I get into bed than after I get out of it.

I have an aversion to sleeping in my own filth.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
I only shower in the morning if I've been asked to go somewhere last minute, otherwise I'll do it the night before.

I just don't like showering when I'm sleepy. Makes me cranky.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
I'm a professional dolphin killer. So, both. I don't feel alert or awake if I don't have a shower when I get up.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Morning, it makes me feel more alert and ready to kill some dolphin killers.

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
Both for me, people do take notice of your appearance and unfortunately judge you on it. So rolling into work with bed hair and smelly pits is a something I try and avoid.
Also I can get a bit grubby from work so I shower in the evenings too.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I shower in the morning, I would shower at night before bed but I don't want to risk getting all sweaty and smelly in the night, so morning just seems right for me. Plus it wakes me up ready for the day ahead, I don't know how I would cope without it.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
I suppose it depends what you do for a living. I like one when i get home from work because ive been all sweaty, greasy, grimy at work and so i can lie longer in my bed in the morning. I really dont see the point in having one in the morning when an hour into the working day im gonna be sweaty and grimy etc. I have one on the morning on weekends though

It would guess most manual jobs would prefer an evening shower (to wash off all the grime) and how many office workers/clean jobs have a morning shower as they want to smell fresh to deal with customers etc

Off topic: these capthas need sorting out ive refreshed about ten times and it looks like stevie wonder has written it in kindergarden

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I mainly shower in the evenings.
My parents do it like that and it catched on, of course after training and so anytime of the day but if I haven't done anything to sweat me up during the day, I shower in the evenings.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
It depends. I shower mostly in the morning because that's when I work out. On the weekends when I'm feeling like a lazy slob, I'll end up showering at around noon when I finally get motivated enough to start doing something with my day.

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
Shower in the morning because it feels good. Also, when I have long hair it is nice to not look greasy. I will shower at other times if I am dirty or sweaty or something, it isn't like I will go to bed if I am dirty like some people are implying.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
It all depends really. Sometimes I will shower on a morning before I go to work, but other times I go in the shower when I get home. If I had to pick a preference, I would go for evening showers. It feels less rushed than a morning shower.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Wintermute said:
I went with "both" because the poll didn't have a "3 or more showers a day", to be honest.

1. When I wake up.
2. Around 4pm.
3. Before I go to bed.

It's quite hot and humid here. Even if you take a shower before going out, by the time you leave the house you're already sweating. Right now we're hosting the Confederations Cup (a glimpse of what's coming in the World Cup) and the european teams are constantly complaining about the weather, and the matches are at 4PM and 7PM. It's funny because in the World Cup next year they will play at 1PM too.
I'm thinking Brazil will win because everybody else will be too busy having a golpe de calor, however you translate that. Same way Bolivia always wins when they're playing local, everybody else is having an altitude fit :p

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Usually both if I have the time, though sometimes my mornings before work can be a bit rushed so I like to make sure I have at least showered the night before so I can get away with a quick wash down in the morning if need be.

Talaris

Sep 6, 2010
On most work days now I tend to cycle to and from the office, and on those days I will take a shower once at the office and then in the late afternoon when I return home. On weekends, I really only shower if and when I go out.