Poll: Sick of Chuck

BaerXIII

Mar 29, 2009
It just came to me as to why is there such an obsession with Chuck in most internet forums. I was just on tvseriesfinale.com for a hypothetical/user poll of which shows should be saved from being cancelled starting from so many and now down to two. One of which being Chuck. Now it's been on about 3-4 years now and it's quite infuriating, for lack of a better word, that there is such a cult following with the show high praise for it despite it being very generic, not very funny, and just overall meh. I watched the entire first season and I just found it to be abysmal and couldn't find a redeeming thing about it. So I guess share your opinions on it maybe someone can explain it to me cause I really don't understand all the hype.

Dublin Solo

Feb 18, 2010
Chuck? Never ever of this. Seriously.

I thought this would somehow be about Chuck Norris, but I guess not!

Captain Blackout

Feb 17, 2009
My wife loves Chuck. I love my wife. Guess how I voted? Screw it's aesthetics values, it's fun for plenty of folks.

Doc Cannon

I hate custom titles.
Feb 3, 2010
Hell no. It should never be cancelled: who could ever get enough of Miranda Lawson on TV? :p

Boombox2003

Nov 15, 2008
Personally i like it, yes a lot of it can be called generic but as shown by fox anything too original gets struck down. The plots have improved and it is currently one of my favorite shows on television.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
I, like many, was thinking Chuck Norris. And no, it shouldn't be cancelled, I love that show, it's bloody awesome.

BaerXIII

Mar 29, 2009
dsmops2003 said:
Chuck Norris should cancel this show with his fist.
I hadn't thought of that lol with the fist he has behind his beard perhaps. Also it didn't really cross my mind that when I put in Chuck it would be construed as Chuck Norris but then again I wasn't thinking about Chuck Norris so I'm sorry.

dsmops2003

Sep 23, 2009
BaerXIII said:
dsmops2003 said:
I hadn't thought of that lol with the fist he has behind his beard perhaps. Also it didn't really cross my mind that when I put in Chuck it would be construed as Chuck Norris but then again I wasn't thinking about Chuck Norris so I'm sorry.
You always have to be thinking of Chuck Norris....Always.

bluerahjah

Mar 5, 2008
OP - Are you one of those people that still defends Heroes and their "Sylar bad, Sylar good, Sylar bad, but wait he might actually have a hint of... no he's bad" storylines?

Alkestes

Dec 9, 2009
I loved it, especially Adam Baldwin's character, Casey. Granted, he pretty much plays the same character in everything I've seen him in, but he does it so well I couldn't care less. <3

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
It caters to the masses; in other words, the types of people who browse forums are predisposed to not like it. There aren't any shows on TV which aim to provoke deeper thought or provide an original setting; you saw what happened to Firefly.

Speaking of Firefly; the only redeeming feature of Chuck is Adam Baldwin, in my opinion.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
Angerwing said:
Hi, it appears that you aren't familiar with the concept of opinions.
/thread. (LMAO)

But seriously, I love that show. I love the empty characters, the generic situations, the predictable plots, and the shallow humour. It's my perfect mind-numbing TV. It should NEVER be cancelled.

Edit: Plus,

Adam Baldwin = Win.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
Well I just watched a promo for it. I can see how it would annoy someone but I can also see how it would be popular. I never heard of it before now so I guess meh. I wouldnt actively try to watch it but then again.. No I probably wouldnt even watch it if it was on. Oh I know if I went over to someones house and they were watching it, I would watch it.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I've never watched it so I don't really have a valid opinion here but based on what I have seen from the commercials I would say cancel it.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Umm what? You watched an entire first series even though you think it's meh? Are you (in a non insulting way) really slow?

Each programme is an hour long (is it?) and theres about 10 episodes per season (just a guess) so it took you about 10 hours to relize you don't like something that much?

It usually takes me about 10 mins, if that, to think I am not enjoying this and if I think that I turn over rather swift and not continue to watch it for the rest of the season.

I like chuck, I haven't seen it in ages though thats why I can't remember exact details, but it was better than most crap on tv.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
dsmops2003 said:
BaerXIII said:
dsmops2003 said:
You always have to be thinking of Chuck Norris....Always.
I think of chuck liddell, he would kick Norris ass.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
no. I don't like it, but I don't see why the fact that I don;t like it should deny someone the joy of watching something they like.