Poll: Single, Burst, or Full Auto Which is best?

cocodog13

Mar 19, 2009
burst. i mostly play swat 4 as my online fps and in that single shot is crap because if u miss the first shot your dead. full auto is shit becuse you couldnt even hit a baby in a pram thats right in front of u.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
In most games (and real life) guns that are built for single shot are usually higher caliber. Something that fires full auto does less damage per round due to it having a lower cal. but there are more rounds per second. A single shot would have higher caliber, more damage per round but less rounds per second.

So the best bet s to go inbetween with a burst fire weapon.
(Lets say for example this weapon shoots 3 rounds in each burst)
Most weapons designed with burst fire as the primary fire mode, shoot each burst faster than a full auto would shoot 3 rounds. With a caliber half way between single shot and full auto this would mean more damage per round than the auto and more rounds per second than both.

(none of this is based off absolute fact, just common knowledge)

P.S. Im tired, Grammar = absent.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Semi-Automatic is pretty much the best for any situation, but so many games prevent you from using semi-auto fire its annoying.

reggaerae

Jun 24, 2010
mad825 said:
single for long - very long range

burst for short - meduim range

full auto for short- very short ranges
That pretty much sums it up for me. Burst for close range can work also, aka FAMAS :)

jopomeister

Apr 7, 2010
For my play style, fully auto. I need to be able to whizz around and spray the ninja who's trying to sneak up on me.

Xylis

Nov 19, 2009
EightGaugeHippo said:
In most games (and real life) guns that are built for single shot are usually higher caliber. Something that fires full auto does less damage per round due to it having a lower cal. but there are more rounds per second. A single shot would have higher caliber, more damage per round but less rounds per second.

So the best bet s to go inbetween with a burst fire weapon.
(Lets say for example this weapon shoots 3 rounds in each burst)
Most weapons designed with burst fire as the primary fire mode, shoot each burst faster than a full auto would shoot 3 rounds. With a caliber half way between single shot and full auto this would mean more damage per round than the auto and more rounds per second than both.

(none of this is based off absolute fact, just common knowledge)

P.S. Im tired, Grammar = absent.
Wrong, as most burst fire weapons are simply fully automatic weapons that are adapted to have a burst fire mode, and so use the same caliber round.
EG:Famas, G36 , M16A4 (not fully auto but it still uses the same round as its automatic counterparts) etc.

Reep

Jul 23, 2008
AAAAH damnit OP, i hate the abakan.
Personally i like full auto because i control the bursts.

Crazyshak48

Mar 3, 2008
I acknowledge the value of all three, but for personal preference, full auto all the way. Hence why I prefer miniguns, autocannons, machine guns, and anything else with an insane rate of fire.

swolf

May 3, 2010
sansamour14 said:
swolf said:
Well, I'd say that depends on the weapon (in real life) and scenario. If you have small arms fire, you typically want to use single because you want to increase your accuracy. A single well placed bullet can neutralize a target more efficently than several wild rounds. When in a real fire fight, your supply of ammo is (typically) strictly restricted to what you can carry. While that may seem like a lot, you don't want to waste it because there are times when combat extends way beyond the expected mission duration (for example, in Mogadishu, Somalia where U.S. Army Rangers and Delta Force went on a mission which was expected to take less than an hour and they ended up in a firefight which lasted between 18-22 hours).

sansamour14 said:
Continuity said:
Its a silly question, take a full auto and moderate your fire to suit the situation. You can easily single/burst/auto with an AK or an M4 for example so why take something that limits your choices.
sure you can burst fire with an AK or M4 but i doubt it will have the same accuracy, speed, and effectiveness a M16 or Famas that is designed for burst fire
I don't think that those weapons are designed for full auto. Most situations, I would say single fire. That way, you can conserve ammo with higher accuracy.

OT: The above is just my personal preference. Don't flame me on it.
my apologies if it seemed like i was bashing ur idea i just thought the "silly" in ur post was unnecessary but its my first thread so i lost my temper
I think you quoted the wrong person. You've got to go to their post.

TheTaco007

Sep 10, 2009
Depends. Are we playing a game like Halo where automatics have shitty aim, or playing MW2 where anything is as accurate as you want?

Saint_Zvlkx

Oct 16, 2009
Semi-auto. In games, it's a bit underrated, but when firing a real weapon, recoil is a *****, and so semi is easier on the should, and on the aim.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Thread is in need of a poll.

OT: Probably full auto. A few hundred bullets to the face is bound to kill someone, right?