Poll: SKYRIM: PC or PS3?

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I'm pretty sure the other three threads on this subject covered it fairly clearly. BUT. PC. yes the console versions will have modding, but I suspect it will not be free like the PC mods will be. There will be 'strictions. Mostly to prevent timmy and tommy from putting tiddies on everything, but there we have it.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
My... acquaintances have been known to purchase the console version and pirate the PC version.

Just saying.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I say go with the giant plasma screen. Getting more texture details is nice and all, but that mountain in the distance just won't feel as big if it's not taking up a massive portion of your living room wall.

cpnichol

Mar 29, 2010
I'm having a tough time deciding the same question.

The PC version is cheaper, will look better, easier access to mods and has the advantage of mouse and keyboard. The PS3 version I can play on my big ass TV and my brother could borrow it.

Hooking up my PC to my TV isn't really an option without moving my PC back and forth, rearranging my living room which wouldn't work well or buying wireless mouse and keyboard.

At the moment I'm leaning towards getting it for the PC and then picking up the GOTY version for the PS3. That way I get the extra content on the PS3 which should be plenty of motivation to play through it again.

Evil Top Hat

May 21, 2011
Do you really want to have to put up with the awkward and clunky movement and combat controls given by analogue sticks? Do you really want to have to pay an extra $10 (or however much it is in Australia) so that you can have worse graphical quality, lower frame rates and (I suspect, if Oblivion is anything to go by) large amounts of lag?

I mean yeah, Oblivion wasn't very well optimized and all but if a game from 2006 lagged and took frame rate hits whenever you went roaming around outside imagine what a game like Skyrim is going to be like.

If you're totally sure you have a PC that can run it, then by god, get it on PC.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Depends.

I preorder it for PS3 because I just wanted to play the bloody game, but I WILL get that son of a ***** for PC when I update my computer.

Dattebayo!

...Oh god.

Vonnis

Feb 18, 2011
It really depends on how good your pc is and whether you're willing to upgrade it if it's sub-par. If your pc is shit and you have little cash to spend, get it on ps3, otherwise pc. I see no reason why you shouldn't hook up your plasma to your pc either.

ultrachicken said:
I say go with the giant plasma screen. Getting more texture details is nice and all, but that mountain in the distance just won't feel as big if it's not taking up a massive portion of your living room wall.
On the other hand, that mountain taking up half your living room wall is nice and all, but how satisfying is that when you can count the pixels and walking over there feels like you're robo-dancing?. Plus the whole plasma into pc thing.

Chased

Sep 17, 2010
saintchristopher said:
Dude, I can only play it on PS3 and I recommend you buy it on PC. Mods, my friend! free, free mods.
Same situation here. I have a Mac so I can't even considered getting it or PC. If you current gaming rig can handle it go PC and bask in the glory of mods.

Kitari

Dec 26, 2007
I'm buying it for the PS3, I've tried to appreciate PC gaming I really have, I just prefer the feel of a controller. I will be picking up the PC version later on for modding however.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
I will be buying it for my Xbox 360 so I can use my controller, and play on a big screen. It would be really awkward trying to set my computer up behind my TV because of the amount of cables coming from various consoles, headsets and capture devices already in there.

Belvadier

May 17, 2009
Kitari said:
I'm buying it for the PS3, I've tried to appreciate PC gaming I really have, I just prefer the feel of a controller. I will be picking up the PC version later on for modding however.
I have struggled with this too as I feel like I just suck when using mouse and keyboard for first person games. I play lots of PC games but they are all mostly RTS, Action Role-Playing or MMO games and FPS or just games in the first person in general I just don't think I'm good with mouse and keyboard.

The nice thing many games have been doing is including the option to play with an xbox 360 controller right off the bat which has saved me in at least one instance (Alpha Protocol). I just got DE:HR and that also supports 360 controllers right away (although I have elected to play that with mouse and keyboard). Perhaps Skyrim will do this also? I mean since it is already multi-platform I think it would just makes sense for it to be an option. I understand that the PC version will probably have a much different interface than the console versions but Deus Ex does too and it still includes the 360 controller option so who knows.

Still, I think the good (mods, better graphics, cheaper) outweighs the potential negatives (controller support, playing on a large TV) which really aren't even negatives as both of those things can be overcome with a little bit of work. I personally will be getting it for PC...

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
Of course PC will have many more options, mods, better graphics blah blah blah. Honestly that means nothing if that's not your preferred play style. You won't really get into the experience the game offers if you're not comfortable playing it on a lesser preferred platform and control system.

Pick whatever one you enjoy playing the most, the entire game experience will be better for you regardless of platform.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
i plan on buying it for my xbox for convenience and when its cheap enough ill buy the pc goty edition off steam

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I wish I could get it for the PC, but it won't be able to handle it. So I'll be getting the PS3 version, which isn't so bad - Oblivion, when I got a new plasma TV, was beautiful and really big, which was really enjoyable.

I'm hoping that what someone above said was true, and that mods will be compatible with the PS3.

I also hope that Skyrim will be so awesome mods won't be even necessary.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I'd rather get it on pc, but I don't think this laptop would handle it, so it'll have to be PS3. Looks like I'll have to miss out on all the awesome mods (and all the shit 'SEXEH ARMORZ' ones too).