Poll: Snap Response - Gamer fuel

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Adderral. If it can make a half-brained alcoholic srat girl interested in spending 9 hours studying freshman chemistry then it can sure as hell keep you up for a marathon video game session. And you'll get so into it that you won't feel any need to get up to eat, drink, or even use the bathroom. Remember: effectiveness scales linearly with dose, and the heart palpitations are the sign that it's working!

(Note: this is a joke. Do not actually do this to yourself, dextroamphetamine has a known neurotoxic effect in non-ADHD users even at therapeutic doses).

Serious answer: I don't eat at my keyboard ever as a rule. I hate when my fingers get dirty or greasy from food, and then it grimes up the keyboard and never comes off.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I don't normally go for longer then two or three hours at a time, and I've got no problem stopping for a cup of coffee or something along the way. I also tend to hold to meal times.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
I eat normal food, with normal eating utensils and normal plates on a normal TV tray, sited in a normal couch, while holding a normal controller on my lap.

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
At least three cups of coffee per gaming session and the odd can of Coke Zero or Pepsi Max. Occasionally I'll have a bag/box of jaffas. Sometimes, I'll take a break and have a proper meal.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
RicoADF said:
FirstNameLastName said:
No option for tea? Scandalous.
Agreed, I'm never gaming without some tea or coffee beside me. Poll failure!!
Being a Canadian who rarely drinks tea because I'm a filthy colonial and as someone who detests coffee with the force of a thousand meteors; I purposely omitted both.

TranshumanistG

Sep 24, 2014
I have pretty bad eating habits and often just stock up on simple snack like bread-and-cheese sandwiches to eat while playing instead of a normal meal. When not hungry I tend to have a cup of tea every 10-30 minutes.

Tying alcohol consumption to an activity that I partake in as often as gaming seems kinda dangerous to me.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Redlin5 said:
Being a Canadian who rarely drinks tea because I'm a filthy colonial and as someone who detests coffee with the force of a thousand meteors; I purposely omitted both.
As an Australian I'm lodging a complaint for omitting my favorite gaming drinks :p

OT: I usually find myself stopping to eat if I'm playing a FPS but a RTS I'd happily eat a snack or even some meals that don't require 2 hands all the time. Drinks are always an option.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
back when i was doing 48 hours of SQO in a hit i would often make sure i had prepared some meals on the Friday night simple things like a chili or wrapped chicken breasts that could be heated lunch was often toast with egg and spaghetti and sausages because its quick and my normal breakfast is fairly quick and when i was in the airforce i learned how to eat really fast cause there was a punishment if you finished after the training officers and they started first
nowdays i just starve or i do hash browns with spaghetti and sausages and make the rest of the clowns wait if im that starving otherwise i just go without i dont usually notice until we get to a lull anyway and i dont to long stretches at a time before i have to begg off
additionally i keep a bottle of water on the desk to drink when i remember also helps with the breaks cause i have to get up to pee from time to time

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
RicoADF said:
Redlin5 said:
As an Australian I'm lodging a complaint for omitting my favorite gaming drinks :p
Your complaint has been noted and is in the inbox. A representative will get back to you as soon as possible.