Poll: Snap Response - Phoning it in

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
No getting around it, people use cellphones. A lot.

So how often are you swiping, typing, browsing or gaming on your mobile phone? Do you make calls with it? :p

Let's see how this poll turns out and do mention if you're responding ON a cell phone! :D

[small][small]Since I stopped paying for my cellphone I've been playing more Pokemon, taking more pictures on my bus trips and generally see more of the city I'm in. I do miss the ability to call people without stopping in a starbucks to set up Google Talk over wifi though.

Losing the phone has restored my love affair with wrist watches though. :)[/small][/small]

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
I only use it for important things.

The speed at which I send texts and my huge dedication to having them with correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation does not go well for having conversations to be made on phones.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Well I use it to listen to music and audio books, and I walk or bike everywhere. So the answer is A lot.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
My phone is old and I don't think it even has Internet functionality, so calls and messages it is, though I often get messages teling me to get WhatsAPP or something that my phone is not compatible with, in any case it's main purpose it's being a pocket watch anyway.

On the plus side, it's sturdy as hell and I can even throw it if I'm angry and it doesn't break and the battery life is ridiculously long, I charge it like once a week.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Depends on if I am out or not. I use my phone more at home than when I'm out.

If I'm driving it's a music player (as I don't have a working radio in my car).
If I'm in a store, unless my shopping list is on my phone (which is rare) it's a music player and time keeping device.
If I'm doing errands for someone I'm constantly on it double and triple checking either in text or in a call.
If I'm at a restaurant/bar/club and don't have a book, it's a reading device.
If I'm at home and not reading, I play games on it and sometimes read.
Most of the time though I am reading so it kind of sits forgotten like for hours in a different room.

And once a month I use it to call in prescriptions to my pharmacy for my family.

Honestly though I really don't like using my phone a lot. Especially for the reading. But sometimes I don't have a spare book with me and have finished my current or am running out of the house and have forgotten a book (which is a sin and rare). I am mostly on my computer anyway. Unless I'm watching hockey on tv then I'm on my phone on skype and twitter talking about the game with my friends.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
I pretty much only ever use it as a phone, however there are a few circumstances that are exceptions. If I am traveling somewhere, I mount it on my dash and use the navigation on it (I have a Note 4, so its easy to see/hear). If I am in public somewhere and having to wait around (I hate waiting) I will play a game on it, or listen to music.

Now I do use it frequently to take pictures, but only because my Nikon's lens cracked thanks to my godson.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
I use it pretty much constantly. In fact I'm answering this on my phone right now.

But yeah, I use it to text, to listen to music, to read the news, to browse the Internet, to watch videos (on YouTube and even Netflix),and lately even to play SNES roms. And as a camera too. So pretty much all the time.

Tatsuki

Nov 9, 2014
I have a 12 year old phone. It can only text and call people but it has a 1 week battery life and has been through the washing machine twice and laughed at me afterwards for not giving it a hard enough challenge.

Mar 30, 2010
I use mine as an alarm clock and text collection device, since apparently asking my friends to call a landline number is like asking them to perform keyhole surgery. It doesn't even leave my bedside cabinet, I dislike being able to be contacted when I'm out and about enjoying some R&R.

Zaeseled

May 17, 2011
I don't browse the internet on it, make a couple of phone calls per week, send maybe one text per day, don't play on it. For me it's a tool, nothing more.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Only for calls and texts. I don't have a smart phone and I'm still using my flip phone that's considered worthless according to my service provider. Heck, they knock $25 off our monthly bill because the phone is so old and they want me to upgrade.

Eomega123

Jan 4, 2011
My cellphone is also currently my work phone, and my current job involves making and receiving a ton of calls, so I'm on it pretty often. I pretty much just use it for calls, texts, and scheduling though.

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
Only when I get a call, or text which, as the poll said, isn't very often. It's awful lonely in the black.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Only when someone calls me, texts me or when I'm in the car and want to listen to music. Also when I have to call about jobs.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I'm not that active with my phone-

I mainly used it for text message but I don't text alot (only texting to a co worker when I'm in at work if I don't see the new work schedule on time).

Played a game or two that last a couple of minutes at the most like a simple quick puzzle.

I do make some phonecall but only when I'm not in the house since I would use the landline phone instead.

I do go online but only to update my games and system or to download a new game.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I don't use it much. I'm too busy grumping around on the internet about how much people use their phones.