Poll: Snipers?

Epictank of Wintown

Jan 8, 2009
I tend to play the mod for Battlefield 2 called "Project Reality" and, in that, I usually play a sniper or some sort of vehicle operator. In gametypes (like Insurgency), good snipers really come in handy. We can call out possible cache or hideout locations, or take down high priority targets (Read: Gunners on technicals, insurgents with snipers/RPGs/LMGs/etc). In the regular AAS (Advance and Secure) mode, snipers are good for doing the same things plus tracking the movements of enemy vehicles and so on from a secure and concealed location.

So, yeah. Good snipers are a great addition to any team if they know their primary task (eliminating targets of importance and providing intelligence) and aren't just K/D whores.

atled3

Jan 10, 2010
sniper's make me angry, but i just love killing them with assault rifles especially the M-16 which is perfectly suited for such a task in both MW2 and BF:BC.

The Unskilled78

Dec 4, 2008
Sniping is the only facet of online multiplayer I could even call myself passable on.
I don't mind being counter-sniped, but when it's with an RDS M16, it pisses me off.

Theron Julius

Nov 30, 2009
I snipe quite a bit but sometimes you just need to go out and blast a guys face off with a shotgun (not dual 1887s!!!!!!!!!).

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
InquisitorRaekan said:
Nothing beats the feeling you get when you drop a guy from half a mile away or farther. I snipe whenever i can.
You can hear the thought racing through his mind; "Where did that come from?!" Ahhhh, such a sweet, sweet feeling.

So yes, I too snipe quite often. The only FPS in which I really hate sniping is MW2, but I do it all the time in Bad Company 2 (okaaaay, the demo, but most probably in the full game as well), TF2 and back in the days even in UT99.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Sniping is best in Mass Effect 2. The scope barely moves, it's a basic 1 hit kill, and they're strong as hell.

keillord

Feb 10, 2010
Any co-op game that allows sniping sucks if my sister is playing with me. She snipes everything that moves, even her own teammates. Not because she wants to, it is more of an uncontrollable trigger finger (not to mention almost perfect aim).

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Meh I am indifferent to snipers tbh.I don't do it myself because a)I'm not very good at it and b)I don't have the patience for it.If others want to do it though then fine

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
you can do a little victory dance, stand there sipping your tea and go to make a few phone calls before you knife the fools haha

Jul 5, 2009
I love to snipe but so far I've only played offline or split-screen, which pisses of my n00b screen-watcher friend. I wouldn't say I'm the greatest sniper ever as I'm still trying to get out of the habit of camping but I'll get there! One day you'll see, you'll all see! Mu-hahahahahahaha!

Bloody Crimson

Sep 3, 2009
I only snipe when I play Star Wars Battlefront, because I'm better at sniping in that game somehow...otherwise I'm more of a shotgun guy myself.

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
Sometimes you just need that, you know? To lie down in the grass hidden or behind a wood pile or something and just wait.

Get in the mindset of a predator, and stalk you prey. One-shot-one-kill type of thing. I don't know how anybody doesn't get that urge at least once in a while.

irishstormtrooper

Mar 19, 2009
I'm fine with snipers unless they have one-shot-kill-anywhere guns, because even a lucky shot can kill me, and that's just annoying.