Poll: So... Assassin's Creed Female protagonist leaked. No Multiplayer. Now do you care?

Feb 26, 2014
Well, Assassin's Creed: Victory, or Syndicate, will be officially revealed on Tuesday. In this game the player takes control of (Phillip) Jacob Frye in Victorian London. Ubisoft promises to "transport millions of gamers to an astonishing recreation of London during the Industrial Revolution where they will find themselves immersed in a game world they?ll have to see to believe."

The question I'm asking is very simple. Do you still intend do play Assassin's Creed?

I do. I like assassinating people up close and personal and I do want to see the present day story finally come to an end. I. Want. To. Stab. Juno. I do find it irritating that Assassin's Creed hasn't changed much. Unity was a step in the right direction combat wise. I can't count the amount of times I've had to flee a fight because I was outclassed and/or outnumbered. I don't think the game does particularly well in the stealth department as well. Still, I will buy Syndicate used. I'll buy it new only if the game actually moves the present day story forward or the combat and stealth are improved upon greatly. Either way, I'll be waiting for the reviewers I trust to give their say.

Edit: Apparently, Assassin's Creed Syndicate will have a playable female character. Evie, no Evolutions confirmed just yet, Jacob Frye's sister, may be a playable character in the next game, if leaks are to be trusted. We wont know anything for sure until Tuesday, but I'm pretty happy about this. It's been a while since we've had a female protagonist in AC.

Source: http://kotaku.com/sources-you-can-play-as-a-woman-in-assassins-creed-sy-1703598017

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I've kinda made up my mind that Rogue will be the last AC I play, since I'm not upgrading gens any time soon.

LaoJim

Aug 24, 2013
The problems with AC are pretty well known at this point.

That said, yes I do care, in the sense that it's always fun to see what the new setting is - even if the game isn't great, it normally looks great and so I'm generally interested even if there is no way I'm buying the game at launch.

To be honest I still need to...
Finish the original Assassin's Creed (which I played half of then accidentally scratched the disk)
Finish Revelations (which I bought because Brotherhood was good)
Finish the tutorial for III (which I bought because I was desperate for something cheap for my Wii U)
Finish Liberation (which I bought because it was on sale and I'm a sucker)
Start Black Flag (which was free on Games with Gold last month)
Buy and play Unity (which I probably will do because by the time I finally get a next gen console it'll be so cheap it'll be worth it just to see Paris)
I'm probably going to ignore Rogue. Probably.

And there we have the problem with Annualized releases in a nutshell.

I also don't understand the whole thing about officially revealing a product, but having already told everyone its set in Victorian England. Well maybe cynically I do understand it, it just still seems wrong.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Contact me circa 2010 and it'd be a maybe. Current me? No chance in hell. The only AssCreed I'm even interested in at this point is 4. And I only want to play it eventually; not a huge priority.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Not really. I'm glad I dodged the Unity trainwreck. Rogue is kind of interesting, but not enough to get my PS3 back from the person I passed it to for, maybe if it shows up remastered or whatever for a decent price on PS4. Chronicles is fun enough for 10 bucks, but not really a must have.

I'm not too bothered by the present story, which I really never found anything but intrusive after the initial reveal of it as a nique framing device.

Metalmacher

Jan 24, 2015
Despite the problems of the franchise, I really respect AC because it tries to do very revolutionary stuff, complex simulation building and all that.
... At least, that's what I thought before Unity. Now they went too far. Ima sit in the sidelines for this one, unless it's proven to be good.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Unless they present me with something as entertaining as pirating the high seas.., no.

AC had already oversaturated the market by the time Black Flag got released, so the only draw for that game was manning a frigate and playing the realistic Wind Waker we'd always dreamed of. Ubi kinda shot themselves in the foot by putting something that cool in a bloated corpse of a franchise, knowing they'll never be able to replicate it without forcing more pirating in another entry.

Ladylotus

Nov 1, 2014
I wonder if this designing female characters will be too hard for this one too.

But seriously I have stopped caring for the series. Ezio's life was great, The Kenways were fun, Altiar was... Old. After IV I think I'm done with AC, especially after the Unity bug fiasco.

Blacklight28

Nov 27, 2013
Before I even consider buying it I must have two questions of my own answered:

Question the first: What does it do to evolve as a game and distinguish itself from the others in the franchise?
Question the second: Will it actually work? And I don't mean will the new mechanics be good, I mean will the actual game work? Am I going to fall through the floor or is my face going to disappear?

Unless there's any sort of dramatic evolution you can count me out. The mechanics of AC haven't changed in any substantial way in a long time. Ubisoft is doing the exact same thing, over and over again...

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I am mildly interested. There is, after all, a chance that this one can surpass Black Flag.

Edits: Victorian London is the setting. I really hope they dont fuck it up like with Unity.

Female protagonist means nothing to me. It will still be pending Certification of Not Shit before my cursor goes anywhere near the buy button.

black_knight1337

Mar 1, 2011
Definitely going to be playing it on or shortly after it's out. Got around to playing Unity recently and apart from it's performance issues, it was easily the best entry in the series so far. So as along as they build upon that it should be pretty good.

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
How many Assassin's Creed games are there now, total? I estimate there are as many Assassins Creed games as there are episodes of The Simpsons by now.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
I really like the assassin's creed games. That said, the last one I played was brotherhood. I have every intention of buying and playing revelations, III, IV, unity, & this new one, but it's gonna take a while. This is the problem with annual releases. You're making these games at a faster rate than I can buy and play them. I got the first 2 new, but since then they've just been coming out too frequently for me to be interested in them.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Last Assassin's Creed I played was Assassin's Creed 2. Didn't even finish it.

The sad part is that I loved the first one and was excited for the second one. But right around the time it came out, we learned something new. Ubisoft said that they weren't interested in games they couldn't make into ongoing series. Well, I read between the lines and realized that this was the start of a never ending game milking machine. Each game was going to end with a cliffhanger. There would never be a satisfactory ending.

It's for this reason that I never picked up Watch_Dogs. It looked awesome until, I saw that it was being made by Ubisoft. Then, I realized that it was going to be Ubisofted© and would never end. It was just going to be a series of cliffhanger endings.

[sub]Ubisoft as a verb is copyright of Salty Gamer industries. All rights Reserved.[/sub]

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Yes i will be playing it. Always enjoyable playing in a new city and i really dont care about the modern day story. Though it is a good reason to by a current gen console, that and Fallout 4 and Deus Ex.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Captain Marvelous said:
Well, Assassin's Creed: Victory, or Syndicate, will be officially revealed on Tuesday. In this game the player takes control of (Phillip) Jacob Frye in Victorian London. Ubisoft promises to "transport millions of gamers to an astonishing recreation of London during the Industrial Revolution where they will find themselves immersed in a game world they?ll have to see to believe."

The question I'm asking is very simple. Do you still intend do play Assassin's Creed?

I do. I like assassinating people up close and personal and I do want to see the present day story finally come to an end. I. Want. To. Stab. Juno. I do find it irritating that Assassin's Creed hasn't changed much. Unity was a step in the right direction combat wise. I can't count the amount of times I've had to flee a fight because I was outclassed and/or outnumbered. I don't think the game does particularly well in the stealth department as well. Still, I will buy Syndicate used. I'll buy it new only if the game actually moves the present day story forward or the combat and stealth are improved upon greatly. Either way, I'll be waiting for the reviewers I trust to give their say.
o_O Did I...leave a Shadow Clone kicking about? This is surreal...

OT: Black Flag is still the highest point of the series, Unity had one thing going for it and that was how detailed Paris was so I ought to give it a shot since London has potential to be amazing.

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
With Assassin's Creed...

I loved the first one. Though it clearly had some flaws it was just such a nice concept.

AC2 I bought the Black Edition set with the statute and everything. Was a straight up upgrade of the first game.

AC Brotherhood was...okay. Added some nice things but I was getting seriously fatigued with the releases being so frequent.

AC Revelations was pretty poor. Added little and I was getting seriously tired of Ezio.

AC3 was just ugh. Really bad. The story was bland and silly, the characters were mostly bland, the setting was dull. I was actually disappointed that I couldn't play as Haytham Kenway for the entire game, he had far more charisma than Connor. The actual "assassin" part of the title was pretty much a token gesture at this point.

I actually skipped Black Flag for a very long time after the gigantic disappointment of 3. But after people banged on enough about it I eventually got it and loved it. That being said I wasn't sold on buying them on release anymore, I was going to wait and see.

And with Unity I'm glad I'd made the decision to wait a while and see given how badly that got mauled by both public opinion and the media for being a bug-ridden, poorly-optimised mess.

This one? I'm not buying it. Not at release anyway. I've wanted to see a Victorian London one for quite a few years now. But after the dull, dull AC3 and the mess that was Unity I don't have faith in the series anymore to live up to expectations.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
I haven't really cared since Assassin's Creed 2. Well, black flag was pretty good. None of the other games have sparked my interest even a little bit, and I can't bring myself to care about more AC milking.