Poll: So Diablo III is two weeks away

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I will not. Not because of it's flaws but because I don't play PC games to begin with. If I did play PC games...I probably still wouldn't get the thing. If I can't play the game offline in single player then it isn't worth it to me. That's the deal breaker more so than the real-money auction house.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
I've been waiting for Diablo 3 for 10 years. Call me a slave to brand loyalty, but I kind of have to.
Not that I'm getting it just for that, of course. I'm getting it because I know for certain that I'm going to love it, and even if I wasn't sure I've got it pre-ordered for £23 so hey, may as well.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Yes, yes I will.

I've waited a long freaking time to play this game and nothing will stop me now.

wintercoat said:
I found this image yesterday. It has relevance.

Just think, you can use the phrase "back in my day" for referring to Diablo 2!
Mother of God, that image just makes me sad, and feel suddenly old.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
hell yeah! im counting the minutes to the release! :D

Captcha: beer in a bottle

couldnt agree with you more captcha!

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Nope. I played and enjoyed Diablo 2 just fine, but never felt the need to go play again. Same thing happened with Torchlight I just realized. Had fun, wasn't bad, never going to touch it again. I just don't care, and there isn't even a necro this time.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Absolutely! I'll be buying the standard edition on day one.

Diablo 2 is my second favorite game of all time and even I can see how many of it's flaws have been address in Diablo 3.

What I'm Lovin':
- New Skill and Rune System which doesn't punish the player to start again unless they want to.
- Autolooting gold
- RMAH: The idea of being able to make money for playing a video game is exciting
- Graphics and Atmosphere: Some people say it's WoW, I think it fits Diablo perfectly.
- Shared stash
- Shared Gold Find, Magic Find, XP gain with loot being independent and not fought over.

Flaws:
- Online only gameplay: I played D2 offline almost exclusively, I'd prefer to do the same here.
- Runes are unlocked at specified levels, not chosen: If each rune variant is roughly equal to one another in terms of balance. Why must we be forced to wait until a certain level to unlock it? Seems like a better idea would be to give the player the choice to unlock a rune of their choosing at said level rather than make the unlock progression entirely linear.
- Only 10 character slots: I had a lot of pack mules in D2. This will be true in Diablo 3. Except this time I can't use offline mods or hacks for easier stash organization.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Nah, probably just get Torchlight 2 instead. All the "GrimDark" is boring me nowadays.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Nope. I have other, better things to spend my money on. This game progressively lost my interest as time went by, and it went from "over-excited" to its current standing of "I'll pick it up when it moves to the bargain bin".

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I do love me some ARPGs, Hack N Slash, Dungeon Crawler, Diablo Clones. Or what ever term you want to use.

So yeah I'll be getting Diablo 3, and Torchlight 2, and Path of Exile, and Grim Dawn.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
EvilMaggot said:
hell yeah! im counting the minutes to the release! :D

Captcha: beer in a bottle

couldnt agree with you more captcha!
I prefer my Beer out of the bottle and in me.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
People are upset about the real money auction house like it would change a thing?
Yeah Team Fortress 2 really changed after the Mannco store, everyone from then on had to buy all their drops instead of just finding them. Oh wait, no one I know has ever bought anything from the Mannco store! And it's a neat option for those who don't want to wait and have money to waste :p

OT: Yes I'm getting Diablo 3, not by choice, friend wants to play with people and is literally buying a copy for me and my brother. He's insane.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
its already payed for and downloaded just need to wait till the release date to install it

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Probably will, its just a matter of when and whether or not it really is possible to make any money at all on the RMAH. Im guessing that its best to buy it as soon as possible to make any money cos whatever item you are selling, in time there will be more of it and lower the price.
Gameplay wise it seems like a big improvement over D2 (not that that takes much) but I hope it doesn't still have the overwhelming sense of pointlessness that D2 had and made it boring.