Poll: So...how about that Dragon Age: Origins?

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
Very excited here. Baldur's Gate is my all time favorite game, and this is it's spiritual successor. The different origins all look exciting, I'm excited to try them all out. Only a few more days to go.

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
It certainly looks interesting but I don't think I'll buy it on release day. Maybe a week or two after, just to see what it's like first (via reviews).

Scunner

Jan 21, 2009
Your mother was a hamster and I have it pre-ordered. I haven't played a proper fantasy RPG for a while so looking forward to seeing this.

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
Kierkes said:
Mr. Grey said:
I have it reserved, so that's a yes.

I am a little disappointed I can't actually sculpt the character like one would clay and I can't seem to choose the last name - unless I'm missing something - but in the end it will do its job of entertaining me. I really wanted to be a Human peasant though, not a Dwarf, a Human. So much more potential with that one...
It's because like in Mass Effect, NPC's will still refer to your character by that last name. That was a genius move by Bioware. By locking the last name, they can prevent your character from being generic and unimportant. By maintaining freedom of the first name, you still feel that the character is yours.
Eh, I wouldn't call it genius as I never thought it generic before. If anything it's actually made me grow detached from the character, I've stopped caring for the one in Mass Effect already. I would have preferred a list of nicknames to be chosen based upon my playthrough through the origin chosen rather than just have them tell me: "This is it, this is what you get, no ifs, ands or buts about it."

And all those people sharing a last name in nobility always rubbed me the wrong way, I get the sense of inbreeding is about...

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Yes. Your mother was a hamster. Your father smelt of elder berries. I fart in your general direction.

bigdaddy95

Jun 30, 2009
I would have loved to fart in your general direction but I wanted to say yes more, I feel moderately excited about it, it is gonna be a christmas present after all.