Poll: So I said COD was terrible, now my entire school shunned me

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
I think you over dramatized your post. It's highly unlikely that they would just flip out over you disliking COD, unless of course you did it in some sort of elitist way. For example, I'm not that big of a Halo fan, but I have friends who are. Instead of just saying Halo sucks, I just explain my problems with the game and a rational discussion follows. But hell, this may just be the people I know.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Codshays is the best gamelays evays, eshays!

That's basically all I hear at school nowadays. My opinion? They need to get over themselves.

I wouldn't recommend a dicking, though- I'll just generalise here and say they sound like the intolerant type.

astrav1

Jul 6, 2009
Heh, how childish. Well my friend, don't let the bastards grind you down, wear it on your sleeve and with pride.

Autofaux

Aug 31, 2009
Call of Duty isn't the best game. Not the worst, either. And I agree, if they diss Orange Box, they don't deserve their testicles.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Erniesrubberduk said:
Now I'm receiving messages and from people listing games from my game history and they're going "Assassin's Creed sucks, The Orange Box sucks, Sid Meier's Pirates sucks" so on and so forth.
BLOCK USER! UNFRIEND USER!

Those are not your friends, they are not our associates. Don't reward bad behaviour by being a ***** when they give you shit.

Also remember this: school may seem like your whole life but it is an incredibly fleeting part of your life, you will move on and they will move on. For your short time there don't waste it with people who disrespect you to THAT extent. For your own sanity don't take this shit from people and ESPECIALLY don't bend to their will.

You shouldn't even want the respect of people like that. Not till they've grown the fuck up.

But I think a lot of the blame should be laid at the feet of the likes of Microsoft and Valve for how they handle online associations.

I mean you may like to play against certain people online but no way would you want them to have any other privileges such as to see our games, send you messages or achievements. They should have an "associate" option, where you track only certain features and streamline playing games together.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Razgrizaces said:
I think halo is the better game because I can't think of about a dozens flaws with it of the top of my head but halo does need improving, a lot of the player base a dick, idiots or idiotic dicks and for me it has always had a bad story in fact I have only bought halo reach because the large improvement in forge mode (I have rented all other halo games for the xbox 360 except wars and I haven't played 1 or 2). thought the flaws with CoD are a stupid and broken spawn system, maps which make the spawn system even worse, unbalanced weapons, a player base that are mostly dicks, idiots, or idiotic dicks, unbalanced perks, a stupid kill streak system, a perk which means you can get a much higher up kill streak from a very low kill streak, a overpowered knife (seriously make it have a smaller distance and only hit in-front of you like in BC2, horribly over powered claymores, camping the motherf***ing campers which can't be gotten to due to the clay mores, the bucket tone of campers compared to other games, it is extremely over rated, and what I hate the most about CoD is it's huge popularity and over whelming fan base most of which have never played another game. seriously it is to popular I now a lot of people that now will only play games with the CoD franchise tag even though apart WaW since modern warfare they haven't anything to do with the rest of the CoD serious and they should have just made modern warfare and black ops not slap CoD on them so people that play those games might try other games because they don't have the though pattern were they are attached to a serious. Also how many people to you think would be playing CoD:black ops if it was just called black ops I think a tone less because it's people who loved modern warfare that bought it for the most part and apart from CoD there is nothing linking those two games together apart from a terrible multiplayer.

SlyderEST

GfWL hater
Apr 7, 2010
AjimboB said:
Lets just put it this way, there's a reason that Call of Duty is popular, and that reason is not that everyone in the world besides you is a dumbass.

I really don't think that there's anything wrong with not liking the call of duty franchise, but when you're going to say that such a popular game is terrible, you really need to back it up with a somewhat informed opinion on the matter. This is something that you did not do, so more than anything else, it would sound like trolling to fans of the game, and in that case, they would be in their rights to shun you.
He said "Ugh I can't stand that game", not that it's terrible. I can't stand Diablo 2's graphics even though I love it (hint: it gives me headaches).

I did like the CoD series until they made MW2, but even if I did, I wouldn't go around saying all my friends about someone who hates it. Maybe I'll irritate him just a little, but that's more likely with games like Minecraft or some unknown gem of a game (Trine, etc.).

EDIT:
Gabes said:
He didn't say anything about Black Ops, he said he dislikes CoD. Also, in HL 1 the silent protagonist pretty much saves humanity while hunted by the military. And then dissapears, I think. I haven't finished any of the Half Life games except Lost Coast, so I might have some facts wrong.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
AjimboB said:
Lets just put it this way, there's a reason that Call of Duty is popular, and that reason is not that everyone in the world besides you is a dumbass.

I really don't think that there's anything wrong with not liking the call of duty franchise, but when you're going to say that such a popular game is terrible, you really need to back it up with a somewhat informed opinion on the matter. This is something that you did not do, so more than anything else, it would sound like trolling to fans of the game, and in that case, they would be in their rights to shun you.
Would I really need to justify my opinion of a game just because I don't like it, especially to friends? If they ask, sure, but those people outright decided to shun him because he said he can't stand the game? That's lunacy.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
honestly I think is like the third topic like this, this week, no offense to the OP but I honestly think people are starting to make these topics just so then people have more reasons to hate on COD.

WeedyPirate

Feb 27, 2009
Who cares what games people like or don't like!

What i care about is the phrase "a good dicking".

I shall use it more often.

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
OP, welcome to high school and the drama it entails.

Unfortunately most people seem to interpret "I don't like [insert thing here]" as "[Insert thing here] is horrible and anyone who likes it is a tosser" and thus get all offended about it. Although I wish more people respected the opinions and preferences of others they often don't.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I'm pretty sure blowing off a game that people like is a silly thing. Could have just said "ehh it's not really my game". I find the people who gain the most flack are those who say games are bad instead of simply saying they don't like them.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
*Sigh* I feel sorry for you for having to deal with people who don't seem to understand the concept of opinion.

Personally, I liked the campaign, but hated the multiplayer. Can't stand multiplayer in games.

Also, Sid Miers Pirates rocked! Restepa!

jaketheripper

Jan 27, 2010
Erniesrubberduk said:
Zekksta said:
Your school is a mess.

You know, I've always found it a little hard to believe some of the stories about people in schools on this forum, every example they give of something bad happening just seems so extreme.

I find it SO hard to believe that you are being shunned by the entire school for not liking cod.

Unless you go to a gaming school for call of duty.
It is a bit far fetched but its like a religion here. I'd be in football practice and the guys would be talking about kill streaks and matches they had. Even girls go nuts for the games, its ridiculous
Well my friend, sounds like your school has a real good case of IRL COD RAEG. its like telling someone there immature for having buttsecks for their emblem. The butthurt ensues, and it wont stop. thats just that way C.R. works.

Edit: Reading the rest of the comments, what the fuck? Generalizing that only fanboys like black ops, and that only fanboys of other games dont like black ops? WTF! -_- but, also, (if the stats shown in game are universal for all systems) There are AT LEAST 200 thousand people online at any given time. And the total accumulated playtime is something like 15,600 years. With cod rage being a major factor(yes, i do think of it as an actual thing), you cant say you dont like it without some sort of (extremely) negative reaction, its the same thing with halo. You just need to ignore it.

TheAmazingHobo

Oct 26, 2010
mechanixis said:
What kind of crazed, petty school do you go to?
Yeah, pretty much this.

To everybody in this thread who said "Yeah, that´s pretty much normal school behaviour.":
I want to give you a hug. Seriously.
You must have gone to the shittiest school in the country (or, alternatively, thats REALLY how normal school works in the USA.
Which.... I suppose would explain a whole lot, actually)

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
TheHighway said:
I honestly can't stand any first person shooters, and lots of people at school think I'm insane.
I support the above message, because it's true for me

*clears throat*

OT: If they're getting worked up like that over a game such as CoD, they should get a swift kick to the nuts and sent back to Preschool with Michael Jackson for a teacher (too soon?). I got the same reaction at my school, yet less aggressive and replace CoD with Halo. I've felt like a bit of a loner in the gaming group at my school as I love JRPG's and I suck at Halo, plus I've felt it's so very safe and cliche (then again, so are most JRPG's, but oh well). But yeah, I get made fun of at LAN's, and they ALWAYS only play CoD or Halo, and if I suggest something, I'm generally ignored.

The other people, who rage at me for not liking Halo, are people who, and I kid you not: Play WoW almost religiously and brag about how they were hacking in MW2 and that Reach is better than sex with 72 Virgin's while drinking Bud and eating fudge. To the topic at hand; ignore them, unfriend them on Facebook, and stick to your opinion, they are either fanboys or trolls.