Poll: So.... Who missed the shot for Garrus?

Luke3184

Jun 4, 2011
From what I've seen there hasn't really been a lot of talk about Mass Effect 3 beyond the ending fiasco....

So to lighten the mood a little, did you purposefully miss the shot for Garrus on your romantic/bromantic date on the citadel?

I did across all my playthroughs so far, simply because the guy is constantly under Shep's shadow and he needs it. Espeacially with Palaven and his mother etc. etc. Also if you look at the Shadow Broker documents, it clearly says that he won't develop to his full potential under Shepard's shadow, I thought that giving him the best shot title would definitely help with that.

So, for discussion value, why did you make the choice you made?

Oh, just saying, keep it civil and please don't go off topic with Mass Effect 3 hate, this thread is to get away from that and focus on the good stuff.

Sep 14, 2009
you know, while it is out of context..that is a bit of a spoiler, and it is right in the title. might wanna change that

but yes, yes i did miss it for him, i've done stuff like that before in real life all the time for close friends and my brothers, so i don't see why i wouldn't for garrus, the epitome of walking badass

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
My first Shepard showed him up. My second Shepard is too much of a sap to take all the glory. Plus, he gets so happy if you miss it lol

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Garrus is my bro, I had to let him win the contest.

That was one of the best moments in the game, whoever wrote Garrus was genius, he felt like a real friend - one of my favourite videogame characters EVER.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I figured that if my Shepard respected Garrus then she wouldn't patronise him like that. Losing on purpose is something that you do with kids.

So bottle went boom.

Indecipherable

Mar 21, 2010
No, he is a hero of his people (even Generals salute him) and he doesn't need to be lied to in order to feel that way. Let people accomplish things in their own right. If he ever found out he would feel cheated and doubt himself later.

also, this:

Zhukov said:
I figured that if my Shepard respected Garrus then she wouldn't patronise him like that. Losing on purpose is something that you do with kids.

So bottle went boom.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
Hell no, I didn't! (Although I took this more personally because I was an infiltrator, and my InfiltratorShep never misses his shots.)

Besides, everyone knows Garrus is a better dancer. I will admit a legitimate defeat in this regard.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Out of interest, does this scene play out the same if you play a character class that isn't trained with a sniper rifle?

Indecipherable

Mar 21, 2010
GiantRaven said:
Out of interest, does this scene play out the same if you play a character class that isn't trained with a sniper rifle?
In ME3 everyone can carry a sniper rifle, there isn't training anymore for it. On my Vanguard, I took the shot and hit it.

Dec 14, 2009
My first Shepard didn't miss the shot.

He's a paragon through and through, but Garrus would have know that he missed on purpose, because that's the type of thing he'd expect that Shepard to do.

My Femshep, on the other hand, is a hardass with a slight paragon streak, but she's also in a relationship with Garrus. She missed on purpose, because that's something she could get away with. If it was anyone else, the bottle would have been toast.

He needed it more than she did.

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
endtherapture said:
Garrus is my bro, I had to let him win the contest.

That was one of the best moments in the game, whoever wrote Garrus was genius, he felt like a real friend - one of my favourite videogame characters EVER.
Totally agree.

I always felt throughout the three games that Garrus had the best writing and VA - closely followed by Wrex.

Totally missed the shot btw - my FemShep knew that Garrus needed perking up more than she did.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Pfffft, I'm Commander Frickin' Shepard, Garrus is only the 2nd best gun in the galaxy! Particularly since my primary Shepard is an Infiltrator. :p

But yeah, one of my "off-brand" Shepards (seriously, I've got at least 8 files that I can bring up) romanced Garrus in ME 2, I figure she'll miss the shot for him.

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
My main Shep (first playthrough). It's Garrus, he's the very model of a Bro Turian to Shepard.

He even went through all the trouble to help Shepard get away from all the nasty business for a while, he deserved that. And it paid off too, it was good to see him that happy.

Also, my second Shepard has like the worst case of renegade ever. And I really hate that guy. I have so much less fun playing this callous, condescending asshole.

DrgoFx

Aug 30, 2011
In my playthrough, Shepard's Relationship with Garrus is a bromance where the two compete to be better than the other. So no, I didn't miss the shot. My Shepard is a sniper, he won't be out sniped by his Turian rival.

But that's just for me. I can see why someone would miss the shot, but in my playthrough of the game, nope.

9thRequiem

Sep 21, 2010
GiantRaven said:
In ME3, Shepard can use every gun regardless of class. (s)he's just that good.

I've done both, depending on play-through. Both options are awesome.

Jitters Caffeine said:
"I'M GARRUS VAKARIAN AND THIS IS NOW MY FAVORITE SPOT ON THE CITADEL"
This.

Sep 14, 2009
Jitters Caffeine said:
"I'M GARRUS VAKARIAN AND THIS IS NOW MY FAVORITE SPOT ON THE CITADEL"
loved that part, i chuckled with a big smile on my face. truly goes to show how much i enjoy garrus as a character.