Poll: So... who won?

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Basic question.

Who won E3? Which of the Big Three had the best conference, the best stuff being shown and the most interesting developments?

For me, it's Nintendo. They won it for me, quite easily. Sony was okay but as someone who isn't interested in the Vita, their conference held very little interest for me. But it was better than Microsoft's, easily. Microsoft's Kinect bullshit shot themselves in both feet with shotguns.

Plus MS loses automatically by letting Molyneux up there to show off a Fable rails-shooter. That's a crime that cannot go unpunished.

So... discuss and compare the Big Three's conferences. Who do you think won E3?

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Nintendo dominated again. A new HD console with extensive third party support and streaming games onto a controller with tons of social features?

And all the gimmicks and things are made up for by the fact that they're releasing A NEW LUIGI'S MANSION.

Microsoft was all about Kinect which no one cares about, Sony was all about Vita which no one cares about.

Feste the Jester

Jul 10, 2009
Sony was the only one I wasn't able to see, but based on what I heard on it, I think Nintendo won. They're doing some good things with the Zelda 25th anniversary. They also have a slew of strong hardcore games for the 3DS. While it's hard to say how Wii U will turn out now (I'm skeptical), it's good to see Nintendo taking on some serious third party support for its console.

Irriduccibilli

Jun 15, 2010
I only saw Microsofts and Nintendos conference, so I wont vote, but I thought that out of those two, Microsoft had the best, simply because it had more games that I am interested in, pretty much none of Nintendos announcements interested me that much

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
Sony. Only barely though, don't think any of them were special.

Microsoft was rubbish due to being full of Kinect stuff. Nintendo's was full of the same franchises that I haven't cared about for years and full focus on the 3DS and Wii U, both of which I don't care about owning. The only thing that interests me about the WII U is being able to continue on the controller, other than that it's just more gimmicks for me. :/

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Phlakes said:
they're releasing A NEW LUIGI'S MANSION.
Hell...YES! I did not see that coming and I'm over the moon. Loved the 1st Luigi's Mansion so much and need to get a 3DS before the holidays. Luckily I have a birthday coming up... muahahaaa!

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Nintendo.
Not only does their new system have a massive amount of potential, they actually announced GAMES.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
remakes of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, new Sly Cooper, Resistance 3, inFamous 2, and Insomniac's new game Overstrike. I'm really looking forward to sony's line-up :D

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
DeadlyYellow said:
It's a competition?
I know, right? I always thought that. But in reality, technically it isn't but technically it is. From a business standpoint, they do have to give a better conference than their competitors, it only makes sense.

Since I said that, I have to vote. Nintendo I think.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
DeadlyYellow said:
It's a competition?
It's not marketed as such, but come on... every company is trying to get one over on the others. There's usually polls on gaming sites about this, so I figured I'd add one here.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
I predict Nintendo winning this poll because they released a console that finally plays games I've been able to play for the past five years. The only thing that Wii U had that I found neat was the ability to play off solely the controller so the TV could be free.

Microsoft was still pretty sub-par focusing on kinect and whatnot.

Sony's game lineup was the strongest to me, so they got my vote.

KishinZero

Nov 22, 2010
I don't understand why people are voting for Nintendo. They are rehashing old franchises and have released a console that can do everything the PS3 and XBox have been doing for the past five years. There is nothing new besides Luigi's Mansion 2 and the new Super Smash Bros. Now some of their games will be great but its just that everone is excited about Nintendo getting up to date. As far as doing new things, the Microsoft wins. As far as games, Sony wins. Games are what are important in the gaming industry so my vote goes to Sony.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Nintendo won in the actual entertainment of watching it, Nintendo just went straight in with ne trailers, new hardware, new games. Whereas Sony and Microsoft took too long on each game and did long ass demos, so if there was a game you didn't care about you still had to watch it

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Sony, since the Wii U looks really weird and not fun at all to hold the controller. So I will have to go with Sony since it had more games I liked in it.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Gotta go with Sony simply of how amazing Tretton went from apologizing to boasting about the PS3. Microsoft tried too hard to push Kinect and while the Wii U sounds cool, that controller looks God awful.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Nintendo.

Sony might have won Monday, just because all others were complete failures, but I don't really give a shit about Sony and Nintendo's new console owns.

OliverTwist72

Nov 22, 2010
Let me sum up Microsoft's E3: "Hey you guys should play Kinect cause it's way better than Wii and we totally thought it up first!"

Ehh, anyone but Microsoft.