Poll: Social experiment

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Ah neat. I just heard about this experiment. :D

The original one was about extra credit points on an actual exam. Lets hope that it ends better than that one. ;)

Oh, and I voted the way I did because it's the safest bet. If the thing is positive, I'd rather get some of it than none.

After Vote Edit: :/ Whelp, so far no one gets any Internets.

Thanks a lot ya greedy bastards! ;p
[sub][sub][sub] Just kidding.....Mostly.[/sub][/sub][/sub]

runic knight

Mar 26, 2011
Went with the 1.

Rationally, by participating at all, I have a chance at gaining something. By picking only one I increase the chances of gaining something because my 1 increases the percent of total 1's compared to total 3's. Contrast this to picking a 3 where the act of doing so decreases my chance of getting a reward result. While true you need 90% of people to follow this reasoning in order for anyone to get anything, the chance that others have not already rushed forth in greed for the +3 is too high to ignore, and with only one vote, the best option is use my vote to increase my odds of any reward.

Morally, it is just the better choice for all parties, as by increasing the odds of me getting something, it does for everyone else too.

Common sense wise, who cares if someone else might get 3, if I get my 1 I am still ahead, they are still ahead, everyone wins. The pursuit of winning more than others would damn us all to lose, so why bother choosing it?