Poll: Social networking sites

Noamuth

May 16, 2008
Facebook. It is a good icebreaker, lets me keep in touch with distant family & friends without the awkward '.. hi.. How are you, uh good, how's the weather blah' that IMing tends to lead to.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
I have a Facebook and use it to mess around with my friends. It'll also come in handy when I need to invite people to birthday parties.

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
Haha, nobody's voted Myspace. Facebook is my current favourite, but I do wish more of my Facebook friends would switch to Twitter.

Ciarnyn

Oct 12, 2009
Yes, meeting with people "IN PERSON" is lovely, and it is how I prefer to do things. But Facebook is invaluable for letting me keep track of events and student groups that I am running. It's a lot easier to message all the members of a Facebook group than it is to keep a long lis of emails handy, and Facebook reminds me of upcoming events and whatnot. Plus there are plenty of friends who go to other schools that I can still keep in touch with, and easily.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
I use Facebook to keep in touch with old friends, it saves me spending money on credit for my phone. I use Twitter to talk to people from the Escapist. I use Twitter more often because I like to meet friends in person as well. That's the best way to experience friends. =]

Ciarnyn

Oct 12, 2009
Here's a question that always sort of perplexes me, and perhaps you guys will have more insight into the matter. I'm honestly not pointing any fingers in asking, but why is it that some people get so superior about not using Facebook? I mean, it's not just that, I find it in a lot of the gaming and computer related forums that I visit, that people tend to get superior about things like not drinking, that sort of thing, and social networking is always one of the main points of contention. Why?

Aug 25, 2009
A social networking site is facebook, my preferred method of contact with people is real life. I don't actually use anything apart from facebook these days, and I tend to see Twitter as the beginning of the end of human language.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Facebook or Myspace.

Whatever my friends are on at the time.

Kilowog17

Dec 25, 2008
Facebook: Half the people I know on there however are people I rarely see or have never actually meet in person.

EDIT: Just realized how creepy the above sounds, it's not though...
Well I don't think so.

Fudgo

Apr 11, 2009
I use none, but my friends keep nagging me to get facebook. I haven't decided yet, since it seems a pain to setup and having to constantly update it when I could be doing other things, though it'd be nice to keep in touch with everyone during the holidays since all my friends live on the other side of the country.

I may get it before the end of the school year though.

Ciarnyn

Oct 12, 2009
Fair enough, I can see your reasoning there I suppose. It just seems to be a strange thing to judge someone on, and a bit of an overgeneralization.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
I'd rather meet them in person, some of them anyway. Like my actual friends or people I like. But if I had to choose, Facebewk.