Poll: Soda

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Cans, I guess?

I tend to worry about breaking a glass bottle or if it recycle properly and bottle are a pain in the ass size wise. Ok sure I can't reseal the can if I don't drink it all in one sitting but I can easily crush it to make it more compact (when I mean crush, I bend it in half and then crush it down).

william1657

Scout
Mar 12, 2015
Glass if I have the time.
Plastic if I'm on the go.
Aluminum if that's all that's available.

Last place actually goes to soda fountains because those usually taste watered down.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
There is no "all of the above" option. That is my choice because I have no preference. That is mostly because not all sodas are readily available in a glass/pastiche bottle or can, therefore it's extremely hard to properly guage which is superior.

Twintix

Jun 28, 2014
Barbas said:
Code:
ERROR, ERROR, AHWOOGA; 

//Soda should be served in a glass, preferably with ice and lime.
U wot mate.

I always prefer to drink it straight from the container. My dad thinks it's bad table manners. I don't care.

OT: Oooooh, decisions, decisions...

Toss-up between glass bottle and can for me, I think. Though I don't really mind plastic bottles either...

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Twintix said:
Barbas said:
Code:
ERROR, ERROR, AHWOOGA; 

//Soda should be served in a glass, preferably with ice and lime.
U wot mate.

I always prefer to drink it straight from the container. My dad thinks it's bad table manners. I don't care.

OT: Oooooh, decisions, decisions...

Toss-up between glass bottle and can for me, I think. Though I don't really mind plastic bottles either...
I think glass bottles really do make the taste better. It certainly seems to work for Coca-Cola, anyway. Best not to drink straight from those, though, in case rats have been on them in the factories. That was why they used to serve Corona with lime - to wipe the lip of the bottle clean with.

Jaggededge11

May 8, 2013
Glass is by far the best method of containing Pop, and nothing beats the satisfaction of opening the bottle with a bottle opener. After that, I would say Cans then lastly plastic bottles.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
I say glass because it just tastes better. Most of the time it's from a can when I drink one.

You guys just don't even know about these...

Illesdan

Sep 15, 2008
Glass, definitely. Or can. I really go out of my way not to drink soda, and when I do, I don't drink much of it, so the servings in a glass or can are just right.

Plastic... ugh. I hate plastic. I wish they'd ban that abominable crap from food and beverages all together. Everything that comes in plastic tastes gross and doesn't keep once you've opened the packaging.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
I am assuming that taste is the overall element to consider for this poll, rather than the texture of the container, visual presentation or some other thing.

I cannot answer this poll as it depends on the drink. My favorite soda, Mountain Dew, tastes best from a can, whereas Coca-Cola tastes better from a glass bottle.

And, of course, all of them taste best when cold. A cold can of Coke will taste better than a warm bottle of the same, but that's probably outside the parameters of the poll.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
StormShaun said:
Glass bottle.
It slightly annoys me how most soda (at least in Australia) is served in plastic bottles. Which is why, here, I usually go with the can. It isn't the first choice, but it is the best choice... for now.

In ranking, it goes like this.
- Glass bottle.
- Can.
- Plastic Bottle.

I don't know why, it might just be this country, but soda in plastic bottles tastes worse.
Could be the heat or chemicals of the plastic bottle. Who knows.

Also, you guys going on about what to call soda. Just weird, but hey, at least you don't call it like Australians... "soft drinks". Soda just has a better ring to it. (And yes, I have no problem calling it "pop" either.)

Apart from that, I need to push the buttons and sprinkle salt over my polar opposite, Fury.
- Flat is justice.
- Booties are more important than boobies.
- and harems can go fuck themselves to oblivion and beyond.

Boom. *Drops mic*
You sir are a heretic and a danger to society. No one should ever have to suffer the injustice of flatness. Not flat tires, not flat soda, not flat singing and most certainly not flat-chestedness. Boobies are far more than asses; boobies give people hopes and dreams!

And that is what harems do anyway.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
CrystalShadow said:
Mmm. Oddly I don't mind plastic bottles, but plastic cups and utensils are horrible.

Most utensils are steel though, while cans are usually aluminium, which might be another reason.
To be fair, I don't usually taste it that strongly, but sometimes... Ugh.

I also really hate the touch of things. I dislike the original playstation controllers partly because the plastic they are made of creeps me out if I have to hold it for more than a few seconds...

It's kinda weird.
Though I guess that might be an autistic trait. >_>
I'm not autistic, but I do have certain traits that seem to mirror some of the associated conditions. I have hypersensitive senses. Sadly, not hyperaccute. I couldn't wear jeans for much of my life because the fabric freaked me out, and I won't use something if I don't like the way it feels. Also, even chalk on a blackboard bothers me...eeeeeesh.

Like I said, the aftertaste I get from plastic is just...longer lasting, more pervasive. To me.

I don't know, I already know I'm not normal.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Something Amyss said:
CrystalShadow said:
Mmm. Oddly I don't mind plastic bottles, but plastic cups and utensils are horrible.

Most utensils are steel though, while cans are usually aluminium, which might be another reason.
To be fair, I don't usually taste it that strongly, but sometimes... Ugh.

I also really hate the touch of things. I dislike the original playstation controllers partly because the plastic they are made of creeps me out if I have to hold it for more than a few seconds...

It's kinda weird.
Though I guess that might be an autistic trait. >_>
I'm not autistic, but I do have certain traits that seem to mirror some of the associated conditions. I have hypersensitive senses. Sadly, not hyperaccute. I couldn't wear jeans for much of my life because the fabric freaked me out, and I won't use something if I don't like the way it feels. Also, even chalk on a blackboard bothers me...eeeeeesh.

Like I said, the aftertaste I get from plastic is just...longer lasting, more pervasive. To me.

I don't know, I already know I'm not normal.
Mmm. My sense of taste and smell fluctuates wildly.
Smell in particular is annoying.

Because with a sufficiently sensitive sense of smell, detergents, soaps and perfumes are overwhelming and nasty, the average house smells disgusting, and a large city tends to smell like an open sewer.
Not something you want to experience on a regular basis.

As far as aftertastes go, nothing is quite as disgusting as artificial sweeteners.
They don't taste terrible in and of themselves, but they have this horrible aftertaste that lingers for like 20 seconds or more.
Diet drinks are something I avoid.

And, yeah, sensitivity to materials is also frustrating.
On a bad day, my skin crawls if in contact with fabric, but then I often get really cold if naked (and you can't exactly go naked most of the time anyway).
And I end up in a state where I'm really uncomfortable no matter what.
Blah.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
CrystalShadow said:
Mmm. My sense of taste and smell fluctuates wildly.
Smell in particular is annoying.

Because with a sufficiently sensitive sense of smell, detergents, soaps and perfumes are overwhelming and nasty, the average house smells disgusting, and a large city tends to smell like an open sewer.
Not something you want to experience on a regular basis.
Mine is strong all the time, but allergies interfere with it. However, I can smell all sorts of stuff on a regular basis, and I know what you mean.

As far as aftertastes go, nothing is quite as disgusting as artificial sweeteners.
They don't taste terrible in and of themselves, but they have this horrible aftertaste that lingers for like 20 seconds or more.
Diet drinks are something I avoid.
Do they taste metallic, out of curiosity?

And, yeah, sensitivity to materials is also frustrating.
On a bad day, my skin crawls if in contact with fabric, but then I often get really cold if naked (and you can't exactly go naked most of the time anyway).
Well, I can't anymore, since they passed that ordinance about me.

And I end up in a state where I'm really uncomfortable no matter what.
Blah.
Yeah, I felt that earlier in a plain cotton T. This is so soft kittens are jealous, and...ick.

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
Senneca said:
Everyone on this thread fails. Soda is best from a fountain.
I would absolutely love to know why, after joining more than a year ago you decided this thread to be your first post on this forum.

First of all welcome, second of all DO YOU KNOW THE FORMULA FOR COKE!!!??

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
CandideWolf said:
First of all welcome, second of all DO YOU KNOW THE FORMULA FOR COKE!!!??
I do, but you really don't want to know. You'll never be able to able to enjoy a Coke again. Seriously. I mean, unless you're some kind of soulless monster....

*sips on a cold, refreshing Coke*

...sorry, what was I saying?

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Glass bottles are amazing! Cans are okay too. They feel kinda space-agey. But plastic bottles? No way, José!

mecegirl

May 19, 2013
Glass is the best. Cans are ok, and plastic is for convenience. Ugh I want an Abita root beer now!

K12

Dec 28, 2012
Sandwiches taste better when they're cut diagonally and fizzy drinks taste better from glass bottles. It doesn't really make sense but it's true!