Poll: Somebody who I really like blocked me on Twitter. What should I do?

firebobm173

Jul 11, 2013
Recently someone who I have been following on twitter has blocked me. I wasn't harassing him or being offensive, I just made a stupid comment that probably linked to too many other accounts and used a hashtag I shouldn't have used. The person has been getting harassed a great deal on twitter and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's taken a "when in doubt, block" attitude towards stuff like this. The thing is, I support him and what he's doing and didn't mean any offense by my comment, and would like to be unblocked so I can see his tweets in my feed and favorite them. I was wondering if I should ask somebody who follows him who I also follow to tell him to unblock me. I know that this guy is almost certainly busy dealing with tons of bullshit harassment, and that the only people who I follow who follow him are fairly twitter famous, with a few thousand followers, so they would likely not be inclined to bother and that it would be awkward to ask them to do it. On the other hand, it would be pretty simple for me to ask them to ask the other person aside from the awkwardness, and I have had a chat or too with this person so there's some chance they'll recognize me. I could also ask someone who is quite close to the person who blocked me and frequently talks with him on twitter. However, I haven't had any contact with this person on twitter and she's dealing with even more harassment than he is. She also has a far larger twitter presence than he does, so I'm likely to get drowned out with the rest of the noise in the comments. So guys, what should I do?

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Well Firebomb, first of all (and this is going to sound insulting, it Isn't meant as such) But I think your post could do with being two paragraphs rather than one albeit smaller as far as wall of texts go, wall of text.

As far as what you can do, I suppose first of all you should distance yourself from the leading figures of the Anti-GG Counter movement and then try to get in contact with the person who blocked you and explain why you did what you did. Otherwise you'll probably remain blocked, though since you're being so anonymous about it all I can't begin to guess -who- blocked you.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
Don't bother, move on.
Just blocking you outright without even trying to discuss? That's just low. You may be a long time follower and a fan but really if they're gunna block you that just means they don't want you listening to what they have to say.

I'm not familiar with twitter but worst case scenario you can just logout and view their tweets right?

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
All you really can do is just move onwards but I think there's an important lesson here. If you can in retrospect see why the person may have been bothered/offended/etc. by what you posted then there's a pretty good chance you could have seen it beforehand as well. Now it's certainly possible that the person overreacted or took the comment in the wrong way, and maybe they'll even unblock you themselves at some point, but just keep it in mind the next time you're going to post something. Maybe you should think harder about what you're going to post next time before you hit the post button.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well whatever you decide to do they certainly won't un-block you. If you are prone to spam people with stupid ass shit then most will want your nonsense gone, unless they themselves are prone to stupid ass shit.
Just my escapist forum filter has over a thousand entries and I can assure you not one of those has proven to be a bad call, because people don't change they just say they will when their convenience is at stake, and the moment that is sorted they will go right back to their ways.

If it's that important to read their stuff you can make a separate account or none at all, otherwise it's best if you mingle with your own kind.

RICHIERICAN

Sep 18, 2014
Just move on there a bigger world out there then this internet thing don't make a mistake and take it personal!