Poll: Star Wars Battlefront 3

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
Apparently, there's a rumor that it will be revealed at this year's E3!!! IT TOOK THEM LONG ENOUGH. I honestly can't wait. I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but hot damn, if it IS revealed... Battlefronts 1&2 were some of my favorite games of the last gen. Xbox got Live shut down and I dont think ANYONE plays the PC version (and barely anyone had the PS2 online), so for many of us, myself included, this will be Battlefront ONLINE!!! Here's an idea if anyone who has ANYTHING to do with this game happens to read this: Death Star. not the interior, I'm talking a full map. Rebels vs Empire. The Rebels have a set amount of time to run through the trenches and destroy the Death Star before Yavin is destroyed. The Empire has tto stop them. The Empire gets Darth Vader's TIE Fighter and the Rebels get the Millenium Falcon. I want an authentic multiplaer trench run. If done well, that ALONE will shift units. I'm not gonna get too excited but... still... how I've waited for this...
oh yeah, here's the link to the site: http://www.battlefront3.net/
and the particular article: http://www.battlefront3.net/2010/12/my-response-from-spark-unlimited-vgas-outcome/
note how March-June covers E3... again, nothing confirmed but still...

xdom125x

Dec 14, 2010
I would totally buy it without a doubt. I played and loved the first 2 and would have bought them if other games didn't get in the way of that. I really enjoyed the multiplayer of the first 2 and would find it interesting(read: oh man, people on Xbox Live are sooo immature) if it had online play for 4 vs 4 or 10 vs 10 or whatever.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Oh hell yes! Battlefront 2 was one of my favorite games for my PS2.

Xeymo

Mar 16, 2010
If the multiplayer remains awesome I will buy it without a moment of hesitation. I just loved to play BF2 with my friends on the good old PS2.

Matt-the-twat

Sep 13, 2009
I'd buy it without hesitation. I was really into SWBF2 and became friends with many people in the clan I was in which would undoubtedly restart again if it came out on PC.

For the record there is still a PC community going for SWBF2, I'd like to say it was still going strong, and that would have been true until about a year ago, but there's only so many years you can play one game. Especially when the community dwindles year on year.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
To be honest I can't see the death star trench run being fun in multiplayer at all. Whoever's at the back will kill everyone else, pretty much.

If they fix space combat so that there's no 'right way up' and fix the missile spamming then count me in, provided there's enough original trilogy stuff. I couldn't care less about ep. 1-3 content.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
The first two were very good (a bit too easy, but oh well). If this comes anywhere near those, I'll certainly buy it, and not just because I'm a Star Wars freak.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
People do still play Battlefront 2 online. I have recently started playing it again myself. Battlefront 3 would be awesome though and I personally think would sell better than The Old Republic.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Yes, I've played the others, and I would still be playing Battlefront 2 today, if my brother hadn't lost it and broken my PS2. I'll just be in the corner crying now...

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
BanthaFodder said:
Apparently, there's a rumor that it will be revealed at this year's E3!!! IT TOOK THEM LONG ENOUGH.
Yeah took them long enough, Pandemic studios you slow bastards for being closed down...

As much as I liked the other ones the system has gotten stale for me and also keep in mind it is going to made be a different developer so expect a lot of changes

EDIT: also that dot net site you put up is fan made with videos from ages ago

Darth Crater

Apr 4, 2010
It's not dead on the PC yet. Dying, perhaps, but holding on.

I will certainly buy the game if they ever actually produce it. IIRC there have been similar speculations before every convention for the past three years though, so hopes remain minimal...

GunstarHero

Mar 19, 2010
I'm imagining the current one person who's said no, sitting there shaking their fist at SWB2 for having outdated graphics or poor AI. It's making me laugh.

I would buy a copy in an instant. I bought a PSP for the SWB's on that, and thought they sucked as much as the console did, so I sold the lot.

I need more space battles! Flechette shotguns! Massive stormtrooper battles!

Oh.. Need air.