Poll: Starcraft 2, Awesome or Not

Tessem7

Jul 28, 2010
So I bought StarCraft 2 last week and it has eaten over 30 hours of my life so far. I just wanted to know if anyone else thinks this game is totally awesome or not

im-white

Mar 24, 2010
welcome to starcrack version 2.0 now with updated graphix and the best rts story line yet!

rawrnosaurous

Jul 6, 2010
I can't really pick any one of those options. I like the game mechanics and how it plays, I will never touch multiplayer it's too hard core for me sadly. The singleplayer while good left a lot to be desired for the expansions. I'll be playing skirmish a lot thats for sure, i doubt i'll be playing the campaign again.

Lacsapix

Apr 16, 2010
if this game was released by a different company and giffen a other name.
everyone would say its horrible!
this game is only so awsome because it has the label "STARCRAFT" on it.
serioslly open your eyes.

Tessem7

Jul 28, 2010
There is a reason that thousands of people still play Starcraft 1 12 Years after its release. I completely agree when people say that SC2 is just an upgraded version of SC1, but its by far the most balanced, and most fun RTS of all time. I can see why you don't like it though.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Lacsapix said:
No, its not its only rated high cuz half of Korea where starcraft 1 geeks.
Hahahaha funny that. They don't review it, they just play it.

It's a fantastic game. I just played VS AI and it really needs skill.

masseyguy911

Aug 6, 2010
I bought the game, and I like it.
Its a very good game yes, but I wouldn't say awesome. Starcraft 2 is just not my cup of tea. Ah what the hell I'll say yes.

masseyguy911

Aug 6, 2010
Lacsapix said:
this game is only so awsome because it has the label "STARCRAFT" on it.
serioslly open your eyes.
Well i do agree that if a different company made it and it had a different name it might not have sold as well... but I doubt anyone would call this game horrible. Other than you of course.

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
Not sure, but it's an RTS, so I wont touch it. I'm sure it's good and all, but I suck at RTSs.

Lake Deuteronomy

Jun 6, 2010
Lacsapix said:
Actually, if it was made by another company, with another name, everyone would say its a Starcraft clone.

I don't necessarily know if they'd punctuate their statements with an exclamation mark, but you can hypothesise on that yourself.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Lacsapix said:
No, its not its only rated high cuz half of Korea where starcraft 1 geeks.
Um... Based on what you have said, and how you have said it, I'm not inclined to take you seriously.

Apr 5, 2009
It's funny because people think that it's only SC1 with better graphics! That's like saying Mass Effect 2 is just Mass Effect 1 with better graphics. Jesauz H. Kreist, SC2 is far superior and far more epic than the original was. The new units are great, and the game is fantastically balanced. It's likely the best RTS on the market right now.

Thoric485

Aug 17, 2008
No. StarCraft 2 is the game Blizzard have always wanted to create - perfectly polished top to bottom and for me that's it's pitfall. While in other Blizzard games the world has felt vast, consuming, transcending, this concentrated mass of cliche, "company vision" and pop-culture references is so controlled and artificial, the world that made the franchise what it is feels like a mere background to a story that can't really shine with much.

To be honest original WoW was the last game that had that untamed world feeling. The following expansions were where Blizzard got this flawlessly controlled approach to things that's been leaving me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Things may pick up with their new IP though.