Poll: Starcraft 2 normal-$59.99 , Collection Edition-$100

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
Gwarr said:

Jee , thanks you money hungry bastard!

Let me tell you what the $100 Ce contains
* The Art of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, a 176-page book featuring artwork from the game
* An exclusive 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor's dog tag, which comes preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War® expansion set
* A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, cinematics with director's commentary, and more
* The official StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty soundtrack CD, containing 14 epic tracks from the game along with exclusive bonus tracks
* StarCraft comic book issue #0, a prequel to the comic series
* A World of Warcraft® mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account
* Exclusive Battle.net downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the terran Thor unit

The bold part: Seriously ? You are bribing WOW gamers to buy Ce. How does that even make sense , Blizzard . What's happened to my favorite gaming company?

I played every Blizzard game starting from Warcraft 1 till now and I am absolutely disgusted . I may end up buying it but it disturbs me that Blizzard is becoming Activision 2 by the minute.

Did I mention this contains only the terran campaign and that the Protos and Zerg will all have their own CE? How money hungry can you get?
I'd gladly play more for it, I still regularly play the first Starcraft and really enjoy it, and as of yet I haven't heard a bad word about SC2 from people who have played the beta.

Devilrose25

Mar 19, 2010
I remembered Diablo II and Warcraft III were priced $60 at release, it's like years before the activision-blizzard merger so why the surprise? I bet some of those whiner's had a pirated copy or bought the game very late when the prices have gone down already.

Oh here's a pic of it
http://i46.tinypic.com/raxog7.jpg

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
(bold part)
Oh my GOD! Blizzard have sunk to the moral lows of VALVE!
http://www.incgamers.com/News/19429/bills-hat-coming-to-team-fortress-2

Not to say it isn't a bad thing. I was pissed about Bill's Hat too.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Say what you will about Bobby Kotick. He may be the spawn of Satan, he may be pure concentrated evil, but he is not an idiot. He knows there's thousands of OCD WoW gamers who collect in-game pets, and he knows they'll pay any price for them.

Sev72

Apr 13, 2009
Plurralbles said:
It doesn't matter too much to me. I'm buying it as long as there are offline 1 player vs. bots + custom map making. IS there?
I don't know about offline, but I watched a trailer a little while ago about the map customization. It ranged from creating your own units, to setting up the computers AI behavior to even creating an over the shoulder shooter with a Ghost or Marine where you are killing Zerglings. I would say there is custom map making.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
The point about online of the base game being abandoned in favour of the expansions I severely doubt becoming true. (source: C&C Tiberian Sun and C&C Red Alert 2's online is always more active than their respecive expansions)

I'm going to bet that someone's going to come up with a C&C Renegade style mod for this game, judging by what they showed of the game's modding capabilities. (And offline for at least single player has been confirmed. I dunno if it extends to skirmishes, however)

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
lacktheknack said:
They're giving you the original Starcraft and expansion (still about twenty five bucks there), plus more than fifteen dollars worth of extra junk, plus a sixty dollar game. Looks fair to me. If you don't want it,

DON'T BUY IT.
So true.

Looks to me like it's well worth the extra $40.
Shit, I'd shell out the extra $40 just for the mini pet or the dog tag USB stick!

Dregnr

Apr 10, 2010
Anyone thought of selling the WoW Thor Pet....to WoW players
you would think people that wanted it would just buy the SC2 CE but its amazing how many that don't and yet will pay 50 bucks for it.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Dregnr said:
Anyone thought of selling the WoW Thor Pet....to WoW players
It depends how it works. If it's attached to your entire BNet account it might be wired into your SC2 Collector's Edition registration, in which case you couldn't sell it.

On the other hand, if it's a separate code entirely...

Tetrapus

Apr 24, 2009
ciortas1 said:
Gwarr said:
*more ignorant babbles*
Okay, first off, they're gonna launch another 2 (two, not three) expansions, not full games. Second, expansions don't cost 60 bucks unless they're Halo:ODST; third: you'll be able to play without the expansions. Same way you can right now with War3:RoC. Same with diablo 2. Not sure about Starcraft 1, but I bet you don't need Brood War to play it on Bnet either.

Also, Starcraft 2 beta's loading screen has a login like in WoW. Surely, you don't think they want everybody who can get their hands on the install being able to connect to a beta they're giving out keys to.
Wait wait wait. Did you just take a shot at Halo on a blizz thread? Because I seem to recall Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne costing me 75$ when it came out.

Tetrapus

Apr 24, 2009
ciortas1 said:
Tetrapus said:
ciortas1 said:
Gwarr said:
*more ignorant babbles*
Okay, first off, they're gonna launch another 2 (two, not three) expansions, not full games. Second, expansions don't cost 60 bucks unless they're Halo:ODST; third: you'll be able to play without the expansions. Same way you can right now with War3:RoC. Same with diablo 2. Not sure about Starcraft 1, but I bet you don't need Brood War to play it on Bnet either.

Also, Starcraft 2 beta's loading screen has a login like in WoW. Surely, you don't think they want everybody who can get their hands on the install being able to connect to a beta they're giving out keys to.
Wait wait wait. Did you just take a shot at Halo on a blizz thread? Because I seem to recall Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne costing me 75$ when it came out.
TFT also had a 4 times bigger campaign and added even more replay value to Warcraft 3. Anything else?
Hahaha what, are you "calling me out"? I was simply pointing out that your comment about only halo expansions being $60+ was invalid.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Sev72 said:
Plurralbles said:
It doesn't matter too much to me. I'm buying it as long as there are offline 1 player vs. bots + custom map making. IS there?
I don't know about offline, but I watched a trailer a little while ago about the map customization. It ranged from creating your own units, to setting up the computers AI behavior to even creating an over the shoulder shooter with a Ghost or Marine where you are killing Zerglings. I would say there is custom map making.
that... just made my head explode.

Kick-ass!

I'm so excited now.

Deadman Walkin

Jul 17, 2008
SakSak said:
Yeah, if anyone actually thinks I'm going to pay 100 dollars for such a rip-off, they're wrong.

So yeah....half a movie ticket, extra USB-drive and a music CD.... disappointment galore.

Come to think of it, if the Terran campaing really isn't a full game's lenght, it remains to be seen if I'll be bying that one either. I will not be paying 60 dollars for something <10-15h of gameplay + MP, no matter the title.
Seems like you obviously have forgot about what is in the pack. You forgot the book which has a ton of art (which would usually go for quite a bit), you forgot the comic, and never judge something on movie prices. They are extremely overpriced, and behind the scenes is harder to find and you get to look at how the game is made. Anyways no one said you had to spend $100 on this game, and who knows how big the campaign is until we have played it through?