Poll: Stewart VS Cramer

deletemeplease107

Oct 15, 2008
Jon Stewart and Jim Cramer have been arguing this past week, and last night Cramer appeared on Jon Stewarts show "The Daily Show"

Heres the link

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=220536&title=Jim-Cramer-Pt.-1
So who do you think won, or was there even a winner?

DISCUSS!

Jerious1154

Aug 18, 2008
I almost felt bad for Jim Cramer by the end of that video. Jon Stewart just lit into him.
But then I remembered how much of a tool Cramer is and I felt better.

Delicious

Jan 22, 2009
Stewart. No question. He hit Cramer hard and left him flailing about as he desperately tried to regain ground.

Rational-Delirium

Feb 24, 2009
You could see the fear in Cramer's eyes as each verbal blow fell exactly where it was supposed to go. It was like nothing I had never seen before, especially from Stewart.

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
John and Jim have hardly been arguing. John has been doing what he always does, as in making fun of the media, and NBC got up in arms about it because he was essentially calling all members of CNBC incompetent, the only difference this time was that Stewart really meant every word of what he said. He was just being critical of a network an said network got pissed and made it look like a big feud.

However, I don't think this is an argument with a clear winner, if forced I could say Stewart won but I'm a big fan. At the end of the day this was one of those rare episodes of the daily show where the point wasn't to have fun but to make a point, not to win but to inform. the best way to tell was in my favorite quote fron the whole thing(I'm paraphrasing)

[Stewart and Cramer watch a clip of Cramer advocating borderline illegal trade, and admit it was borderline illegal]
Stewart: I don't think you get it, this isn't a fucking game.

PumpItUp

Sep 27, 2008
This battle was not Stewart vs. Cramer. This was an epic battle between Jon Stewart for the People of America vs. Jim Cramer for Big Business and Financial News. From that I can say that Jon Stewart won a small victory in calling out the savagely unscrupulous tactics of both Cramer and Big Business but considering we're in this goddamn recession, there is no winner.

Even so, Jon Stewart, I salute you. We need more men like you. For The Win.

Col.Gentlemen

Jan 13, 2009
You can find the Cramer's responce on his own show Mad Money at the daily beast. It's on the video's on the right hand side.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/

What a prick.

Ignignoct

Feb 14, 2009
PumpItUp said:
This battle was not Stewart vs. Cramer. This was an epic battle between Jon Stewart for the People of America vs. Jim Cramer for Big Business and Financial News. From that I can say that Jon Stewart won a small victory in calling out the savagely unscrupulous tactics of both Cramer and Big Business but considering we're in this goddamn recession, there is no winner.

Even so, Jon Stewart, I salute you. We need more men like you. For The Win.
Stewart.

FUCKING.

Destroyed him.

Cramer was begging for mercy; keeping his head down and avoiding eye-contact undoubtedly due to a sudden realization that he's not in his own world anymore, and the eyes of millions were upon him and his past less-than-complimenting gray morality in artificially inflating/deflating the market for profit, and his more recent mistakes.

I always liked Cramer, personally, he's an entertaining dude, but DAMN!

I didn't expect to see Jon get THAT dirty THAT quick.

IpostIn8-bit

Jan 26, 2009
If anyone out there believes Cramer came ANYWHERE close to victory, they need to re-watch that debate. You simply do not fuck with Stewart or Colbert. They have built careers around finding flaws in people's arguments and logic. If they poke fun at you, it is wise just to chuckle along and mutter under your breath. Don't poke back.

IpostIn8-bit

Jan 26, 2009
Rational-Delirium said:
You could see the fear in Cramer's eyes as each verbal blow fell exactly where it was supposed to go. It was like nothing I had never seen before, especially from Stewart.
Look up "Jon Stewart on Crossfire" on Youtube. The two douche bag anchors invite Stewart onto their show, and he lays into them nicely.

Their show was canceled a few months later. XD

bmf185

Jan 8, 2009
Stewart clearly won, but it's really easy to call bad guys bad and win an argument.

I see no reason why Cramer was even there.

Acrostica

Mar 1, 2009
I really felt Cramer was totally clueless about what to expect from Jon's interview. He just looked shocked the entire time.

Rational-Delirium

Feb 24, 2009
IpostIn8-bit said:
Rational-Delirium said:
Look up "Jon Stewart on Crossfire" on Youtube. The two douche bag anchors invite Stewart onto their show, and he lays into them nicely.

Damn. The man has a brain, can't deny him that. Let it be known that he's nobody's monkey.

Arcade_Fire

Mar 7, 2009
Barely even a contest. Cramer got his ass handed to him.

This is up there with the time Stewart basically got Crossfire canceled almost single handedly. Now THAT was a good one (Carlson and Begala had to know they were fucked when their own studio audience started laughing at them)

Jon Stewart = skillz to pay da billz.

deletemeplease107

Oct 15, 2008
IpostIn8-bit said:
Rational-Delirium said:

Holy hell! This man is awesome!!! He just tears into anyone who opposes him!

Hammith

Dec 26, 2008
I think most people in the entertainment industry underestimate Stewart. He's really quite intelligent and can be quite eloquent when need be. It's just that being quite smart and eloquent all the time isn't the best thing for ratings.

Dr Spaceman

Sep 22, 2008
It'll be interesting to see if this interview really changes anything. If CNBC will really stop running its "In Cramer We Trust" ads and if Jim Cramer will take any of the advice he seemed to accept from Jon Stewart.

Oh, and his so-called "response":
Col.Gentlemen said:
You can find the Cramer's responce on his own show Mad Money at the daily beast. It's on the video's on the right hand side.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/

What a prick.
This leads me to believe that he really doesn't give a shit about his viewers or Jon Stewart's (valid) opinion. It's too bad my parents, your parents, and the whole American population over 35 will most likely never see this interview...