Poll: Story of Seasons

chromatic fairytale

May 25, 2015
Anyone here currently playing it? I'm finally getting into the swing of things and managing to not be eternally in the red, hehe.
If you're playing, or planning to, which bachelor/bachelorette do you want to go for? I'm totally trying for Raeger, aka Baeger. ;D

MajorTomServo

Jan 31, 2011
I was just playing it, actually! I've had a Harvest Moon itch for a bit now, and I decided to step into the future instead of re-playing Friends of Mineral Town for the fifth time.

I just finished Spring of Year 1. It's been kind of a slow start; I run out of things to do by 2:00 in the afternoon. I figure it'll pick up once I start unlocking more stuff and have some money in my pocket. Most other HM games are like that, anyway. For me, the game doesn't really start until I have a decent chicken coop going.

I was going to wait and romance Licorice, but I could only resist Angela's charm so long. Everyone knows that the way to a man's heart is dragging him to the hospital after he collapses in a field (and as a side note, I'm also trying to bromance Fritz. We shall become besties, one butterfly at a time).

chromatic fairytale

May 25, 2015
MajorTomServo said:
I was just playing it, actually! I've had a Harvest Moon itch for a bit now, and I decided to step into the future instead of re-playing Friends of Mineral Town for the fifth time.

I just finished Spring of Year 1. It's been kind of a slow start; I run out of things to do by 2:00 in the afternoon. I figure it'll pick up once I start unlocking more stuff and have some money in my pocket. Most other HM games are like that, anyway. For me, the game doesn't really start until I have a decent chicken coop going.

I was going to wait and romance Licorice, but I could only resist Angela's charm so long. Everyone knows that the way to a man's heart is dragging him to the hospital after he collapses in a field (and as a side note, I'm also trying to bromance Fritz. We shall become besties, one butterfly at a time).
Yeah, I found I kind of had to force my way through the first spring and summer, and then things started getting a lot more fun and less slow in the fall! Everything is also really expensive, so that can slow things down as well... I recommend filling your extra time with swimming/foraging in the 3 ponds (if you're not doing so already), since you'll need the building materials later!

Angela and Iris are totally the best eligible ladies, imo. >:D Though I appreciate Lillie's spunk so I'm totally BFFing her; she likes butterflies too.

InsanityRequiem

Nov 9, 2009
On and off I play Story of Seasons. I enjoy it a lot, but definitely the first Spring/Summer are the hardest to get through because of the fact they're automatic tutorial months. And if you don't pay attention, you can easily miss getting the fishing rod. After that, it's very much a wait game to get a lot of money. And seriously, what's the point of the General Store. Outside of the first three days of a month, I don't bother going to it at all.

chromatic fairytale

May 25, 2015
InsanityRequiem said:
On and off I play Story of Seasons. I enjoy it a lot, but definitely the first Spring/Summer are the hardest to get through because of the fact they're automatic tutorial months. And if you don't pay attention, you can easily miss getting the fishing rod. After that, it's very much a wait game to get a lot of money. And seriously, what's the point of the General Store. Outside of the first three days of a month, I don't bother going to it at all.
I buy up the General Store's fertilizer every day, and sometimes buy chicken/bunny/pet food there, but that's about it. It would be nice if you could at least sell your stuff there (maybe without bonuses to provide incentive to go to the traders?) when the trade depot's empty. I hoard a lot so my inventory's pretty much exploding at all times. =_=

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I kinda want to get it, since I've been a fan of the Harvest Moon series for years. However, because I'm a dumb bunny, when I did have money for a game several months back, I went and picked up The Lost Valley, not knowing that it wasn't made by the same people and kinda a piece of shit.