Poll: Student fights controversey over Yearbook photos: Thoughs? [UPDATE]

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Look, don't take this the wrong way but, who the fuck cares? This shouldn't even be on the news! It has nothing to do with anything. What the hell is wrong with the media?

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Oh dear God, someone's actually taking high school seriously enough to ban a picture of a girl who's technically fully clothed?

Cause modeling isn't a profession or anything.

Lord Honk

Mar 24, 2009
Heck, I'm not gonna impede a person's wishes to make possibly long-term errors. If looking like that is her hobby (as she compared her photo with the photos of people with guitars or footballs) then by all means she should knock herself out.

I'ma be really superficial, but GEEZ look at her, I bet you my year's salary that nobody would look at the yearbook in twenty years and say "Hey look, it's Sydney, the world-famous physician and defender of women's rights."

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
Aethren said:
My thoughts? I'd ask you to kindly get your facts straight before posting this. The schoolboard had NO say in this, it was the yearbook staff (other students!) who declined it. Flawed posts just skew the people's perception away from the truth, it's not very professional and leads to bias and falsehoods.
Take a look at my post again. I acknowledge that it was only my OPINION that the Board had a hand in rejcting the photos. I at no point ever state that is is 100% fact that the board had a hand in it, only that it was my personally held belief that such was so. And please don't quote the OP, just quote the part that you have a problem with.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Phasmal said:
Its hilarious how gamers will jump through hoops for catwoman having her shirt open, `She's sexually liberated! It's empowering! Don't judge her for the way she chooses to dress!`

But if a REAL girl should- Whore.
And it's hilarious how you fought hypocrisy with a negative generalisaiton.
Bravo.

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
Ignoring the stupid comments made by the girl, its a tough call. Since yearbooks are things people keep forever, let their kids/family see etc, it doesnt seem fair to put something people see as inappropriate in everyone's book. I personally wouldn't care if that picture was in my yearbook but a yearbook to many people is a very important part of their teenage years.

My bottom line - I don't think its wrong but there are lots of things schools do that I think are wrong.

The comment about it being for her modeling thing, is stupid. I don't care if you want to be a model, but your yearbook will never be an important source for a resume. Say that you like modeling, don't use it as a place to model. I'm interested in psychology, but I didn't stand infront of a picture of Freud in my yearbook photo.

Rawb0906

Dec 12, 2010
If she wants to use those pictures then why not? She wants to pay $300 to have them in the yearbook so it's clearly something that she wants.

Why does it matter so much? It's just a photo and it's what SHE wants and so the consequences are hers. In a few years time she'll be in complete control of her life and can put whatever pictures of her she wants wherever she wants.

I can't really see why there's such a big deal.

Digitaldreamer7

Sep 30, 2008
Phasmal said:
Digitaldreamer7 said:
If you arent `Against` her having racy pictures, theres no need to throw the word `Whore` around, is there?
And if they dont agree with `selling` their students, there wouldnt be an `Ad` place in the first place. Besides, modelling is her interest. Her intellect isn't the thing that should be called into question, it's the fact that had they just printed the picture, it would be a big deal to exactly no-one.
I gathered what I did about her intellect from how she presents herself and the way she speaks.

The ad page is used to generate revenue for the senior activities and costs. Normally they sell ads to local businesses etc.

Did you get a senior or HS year book or are you outside the US by chance?

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Digitaldreamer7 said:
Did you get a senior or HS year book or are you outside the US by chance?
I'm British, so I've never had a yearbook.