Poll: Super Bowl XLVI

Satosuke

Dec 18, 2007
I'm surprised no one's made a thread about the results of today's NFC/AFC title games and predictions for the upcoming Super Bowl.

Well, the Pats lucked out on a shanked kick to win over the Ravens, and the Giants won a bloodbath of a game to win off a key fumble in overtime. As a Giants fan, major props to the Niners for an old-fashioned, hard-nosed, brawl of a game. But yes... GIANTS! WOOHOO!!!

So, the stage is set for a big-time Super Bowl rematch between the Giants and the Patriots. Last time, the G-Men pulled the greatest upset in football history, enshrining 18-1 into NFL lore for all eternity. Will the Pats get their revenge for being embarrassed on the biggest stage of all? Or will Big Blue once again pull the turf out from under Brady and Belichick's cleats? Actually, Bill doesn't wear cleats, but uh...you know what I mean!

I dunno what will happen, but what I do know is that it's gonna be WAR.

Oh, and GO GIANTS!

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
Eli Manning has a horseshoe up his ass or something. I can't believe I have to root for the patriots.

Dec 14, 2009
Imagine my surprise when, as a child, I came to realise that the 'Super Bowl' contained neither bowls, nor super variants of said bowls.

Instead I got some strange colonial rugby game.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
I will never cheer for the Patriots. And I really don't care for the Giants. Honestly, I can't get excited for this one. I guess I hope the Giants win, simply so the Patriots don't.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
A guilty pleasure of mine has always been staying up til 5am on the couch watching SB live, linked up on IM to my friends stateside so we can talk as it happens.

Sadly labs on monday morning has all but stopped that now.

Back on topic: Giants FTW; if only the Patriots are like the Manchester United of the NFL, and people over here bleat about them incessantly.

Legiondude

Jan 21, 2012
dragsaw said:
wtf is a superbowl
It's what Kal-El eats his breakfast cereals in

deathninja said:
Back on topic: Giants FTW; if only the Patriots are like the Manchester United of the NFL, and people over here bleat about them incessantly.
I would've thought the people would have done that when they had that stupid show match in London between the Patriots and the Buccaneers a year or three ago

Nicragomi

Jul 12, 2009
I was rooting for the 49ers all the way, that last game against the Giants was epic, and probably the best game of the season (even better than most super bowl games). OH well, there's always next year.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Having no knowledge of superbowl or either teams.. i blindly guessed the patriots because why the hell not.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Legiondude said:
dragsaw said:
wtf is a superbowl
It's what Kal-El eats his breakfast cereals in
Like this?

OT: I don't know what it is other than a game of American Handegg (because it doesn't go near the foot nor is it shaped like a ball) and the ads and half-time things are meant to be as good as or better than the game.

There isn't a state called 'New England' so why does this amalgamation of six states have one team?

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! pro football....thats a good one....

in all seriousness my football season was complete when LSU got Shut out. (Roll Tide)

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
According to my American boss... The patriots will win...

Personally being british I couldn't care less, but I am ready to support ant team with the name England in it...!

It is a stipid name for it too... really... Football? How often are feet involved?

prowll

Aug 19, 2008
dragsaw said:
wtf is a superbowl
Madden 12 IRL.

I have to say, I think we've already seen the game of the year. The 'Niners did NOT want to lose... Excellently played on both sides.

Manning has his work cut out for him!

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
I'm sick of the Patriots and I don't have a negative or positive opinion on the Giants. So...go Giants.

I just wish Texas would've made it a little farther...

Super Six One

Apr 23, 2009
Don't really care who wins (Broncos Fan), but i'll be staying up till the early hours to watch it, loving American Football just now.

Edit :I'm Scottish if you want to know

robot slipper

Dec 29, 2010
I wanted the 49ers and the Ravens to go through, so oh well... But Flacco has looked ridiculous in recent weeks with that mustache of his, I mean what was up with that? Did he lose a bet or something?

Eli Manning looks like a constantly annoyed young Quentin Tarantino. Tom Brady could make infinitely more money doing shampoo commercials.

I feel sorry for that poor Ravens kicker though, I bet no one wanted to sit next to him on the way home.

Looking forward to seeing Patriots vs. Rams at Wembley in the new season though!