Poll: Super Smash Bros: Brawl, Most Overpowered Characters

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
Wolf is my personal favorite character in the game, but I'd have to say the strongest is probably Metaknight. Gotta go fast.
NeutralDrow said:
Also, Wolf really shouldn't be an option (it's not his forward smash that's the problem, by the way, but his down smash). Also, Snake is up there, with more votes than DDD.
This guy knows. Wolf's forward smash is really useful, but it has weak killing power. The upsmash and downsmash are his kill moves. Also I'd say his gun is the best of any of the Starfox characters because it has a melee attack with knockback attached to it. It's disappointing that people would rather see him removed than Falco, Wolf is way more distinct.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I only played brawl for a little while but to me it seemed most everyone is overpowered what with the ridiculous super ultimate smash move things.

BazaarFawkes

May 12, 2013
Ike is 'overpowered' if you don't know how to deal with him. For people who are more familiar with the game he can be beaten quite easily especially with a fast character.

I will say Meta Knight is overpowered because all his special attacks can act as a recover. And his up (air) attack has so much range so its irritating once he gets you up in the air.
Zelda is getting there for me since her attacks are like Ike's but faster. Since there is no visible sword as well, I find it difficult to predict when the attacks will pop up. Also Din's fire.

Resetti's_Replicas

Jan 18, 2010
Pit for me. Maybe it's just because I suck and my brother is really good, but between the shield, the increased flying, the spinning weapon that never stops, and controllable arrows, I can't deal with it.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Almighty forces of the internet, I call upon thee to return this thread from beyond the grave!

Been a while since I played, but I my votes on Sonic. Not because of his move set, mind you, but because of his final smash. Not only is it insanely powerful, but Sonic can get the smash ball so easily that he is almost guaranteed to use at least twice per match.

See, while I agree that certain characters have simple and powerful tricks that can be exploited, the fact is that it's impossible to get a truly objective read on every character. You're never going to find two people who have the exact same skill level, the exact same play style, and the exact same amount of experience.

This is why I dislike Sonic; ha has one extremely reliable win condition, and nothing else stands out about him. Sure, he's fast and by no means a bad character, but he's not particularly effective or unique. But his final smash is such a powerful move, that he can pretty much just stall until the smash ball shows up, and use it to obliterate everyone else on stage.

I dislike Sonic because he makes the game into a frustrating cat and mouse exorcise; his cheap final smash is all that stands out about him.

If the smash ball isn't involved, I can't really say. Meta Knight and Pit are both very powerful, but I've beaten both of them with Ike and Link pretty frequently. The stage is also a factor; more agile characters with lots of melee attacks or more reliable recovery are obviously going to be more powerful on smaller stages like Final Destination, and if you have more reach or better ranged attacks, larger stages like Hyrule Temple will give you an advantage.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
Isn't Metaknight like, perma-banned in tournament play? And I'm pretty sure Sonic is THE reason Smash Balls aren't allowed.