Poll: Superman, Wolverine, Iron Man or Thor 2

cricketer15

Jun 16, 2011
Which in your opinion is your favourite trailer? (superheroes of 2013

The Wolverine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh1LdTFkm7I

Man of Steel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAVuKPFKrNo

Iron Man 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke1Y3P9D0Bc

Thor 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p7rocHEecE

Which in your opinion will have the highest box office grossing in the first week/month?

Which of those is your favourite?

my opinion
1. iron man
2.iron man
3.wovlerine

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Superman wins for me. This looks...good. It's not a reboot of the 1970-something classic (and I didn't see the other recent one nor a single episode of Smallville).

Superman looks interesting and new. Iron man looks interesting, certainly, but I fear the makers are falling into the common trap of simply upping the ante for sequels similar to the original pitch for Alien 3 which just involved 3 or more Alien queens dukeing it out with Ripley.

Wolverine...eh. Unlike most people I've enjoyed all the X-Men movies (though I've yet to see First Class which I've heard is the best of them all) and I did enjoy Wolverine: Origin. But the idea of him losing his healing factor just in time to get assaulted by what looks like The Hand...well, gee, it doesn't take much imagination to figure out where that plot's going.

Superman for the Win!

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I've never really liked Iron Man, though not seen the second one, and this looks like more of the same. Meh.

Wolverine...meh. Oh, wait, he's in Japan this time? Still meh.

Superman looks rather pretentious. And they got rid of the original Superman theme :(

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
I originally liked Iron Man because it balanced the fun with the serious, but Iron Man 3's looking like too much serious, so gotta go with Superman. Really excited to see where they go with the character. It has a space Jesus vibe so far, which I'm absolutely fine with, and honestly what other direction to go is there?

thaluikhain said:
I've never really liked Iron Man, though not seen the second one, and this looks like more of the same. Meh.

Wolverine...meh. Oh, wait, he's in Japan this time? Still meh.

Superman looks rather pretentious. And they got rid of the original Superman theme :(
Not having the theme is a given if they're starting from scratch. Nolan's reboot didn't use the iconic Elfman theme, and the Amazing Spider-man didn't keep the theme from the Raimi movies (also done by Elfman apparently... didn't know that).

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Kind of pointless mention Thor 2 in the title as there is no trailer of it so far (or are you expecting die hard Thor fans to vote for it?). Either way my vote goes toward Iron Man 3 as I have loved the previous 2 films so far.

cricketer15

Jun 16, 2011
Copper Zen said:
Superman wins for me. This looks...good. It's not a reboot of the 1970-something classic (and I didn't see the other recent one nor a single episode of Smallville).

Superman looks interesting and new. Iron man looks interesting, certainly, but I fear the makers are falling into the common trap of simply upping the ante for sequels similar to the original pitch for Alien 3 which just involved 3 or more Alien queens dukeing it out with Ripley.

Wolverine...eh. Unlike most people I've enjoyed all the X-Men movies (though I've yet to see First Class which I've heard is the best of them all) and I did enjoy Wolverine: Origin. But the idea of him losing his healing factor just in time to get assaulted by what looks like The Hand...well, gee, it doesn't take much imagination to figure out where that plot's going.

Superman for the Win!

i highly suggest you go watch xmen first class now, it is an awesome movie, great origin story telling from the norm.

Bucht

Apr 22, 2010
Iron Man 3 will win at the Box Office, I'm also expecting a lot from Thor: The Dark World and Man of Steel.
I'll skip The Wolverine, might pick it up when it's in the bargain bin.

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
Damn, I was hoping for a Thor 2 trailer.

I don't care much for Iron Man's own movies and The Wolverine's plot seems cheap ("How to insert tension into a movie about an immortal mutant warrior? Oh, yeah, take away his powers."), so Man of Steel it is.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Depends on how well Man of Steel does. By all accounts it seems like it's going to be great, but considering how badly the last reboot went I'm going to hold my expectations back a bit.

Robetid

Feb 1, 2013
Iron Man 3, I've loved all of them so far, and RDJ is one of my favorie actors. Also, Mandarin is a good villain and I can't wait to see them go at it. The terrorist group from the first movie is supposedly in league with Mandarin (The Ten Rings) so it will be good for Tony to tie some loose ends.

NathLines

May 23, 2010
I gotta say that Man of Steel is the one I look forward to most. Funny, seeing how I generally prefer Marvel and also like Wolverine and Iron Man better. But Man of Steel just looks damn good.

Heh. Iron Man and Man of Steel. You know there's someone out there who will mistake the two for eachother.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I think Superman will probably be the best, Iron Man will be pretty great too (and probably clean up at the box office). To be honest, I'm most looking forward to Thor 2, because I'm not quite so sure what to expect from it. I did love the first one, but Kenneth Brannagh isn't directing the next one (and the first one really did seem very Brannagh-ey), and Thor's probably my favourite Avenger.

Not sure about Wolverine, could be good, could be shit. That said, I'm not really a fan of stories where 'Oh noes, I've lost my powers' happens. If I'm going to see a Wolverine film, I want to see Hugh Jackman ganking people with knives sticking out of his hands.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
On the grounds that the Wolverine trailer looks pretty awful and that Iron Man 3 seems to be nothing more than a remake of Iron Man 2, I'm going with Man of Steel.

I'm excited for Thor 2 because out of all of the above films and their prequels, I enjoyed Thor the most.

itsthesheppy

Mar 28, 2012
I gotta pull for Supes on this one. His character isn't about his power. It's about an immigrant hiding who he really is in order to fit in with a society that would reject and endanger him and his loved ones if they knew, and yet he feels compelled to protect and serve them. That, to me, is an interesting story.

When it's done right.

cricketer15

Jun 16, 2011
i dont normally like superman movies, but considering this movie is directed by the man that made the dark knight trilogy. i will give this one a go midnight launch. probably. :p

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Of those? I'm going to give it to Man of Steel, since I haven't seriously enjoyed an Iron Man movie yet except for the Avengers, the Wolverine doesn't look like it offers a single thing that the first Wolverine movie didn't already do, and Thor 2 isn't up there. Personally I loved Thor more than any of the other Avengers movies, again except for the actual Avengers movie, obviously. So that's the one I'm most interested to see, followed by Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
cricketer15 said:
i dont normally like superman movies, but considering this movie is directed by the man that made the dark knight trilogy. i will give this one a go midnight launch. probably. :p
It's being produced by christopher nolan, but directed by zack snyder.

OT: I'm most looking forward to and fearing for Thor. I loved the kenneth branagh-ness of the first one, but I wonder how they'll maintain or change that, and I'm excited for dark elves.