Poll: Support Extra Creditz. Don't watch today's videos.

Grickit

Mar 2, 2011
Simply don't watch today's stuff. I'm not saying go away forever. That would hurt all the good people still here. But just wait a while. Watch the stuff this weekend. Give the producers a day of no ad revenue. And make it Wednesday. Today. Their biggest day. Just let them know we're upset. This is the easiest way to do that.

edit: For people pointing out the flaw that no ad revenue means less money means less people get paid:

I didn't say never watch the videos. I said watch them on another day. They'd still get their money. It just gets moved a day or two.

The point is to have that slight dip today as a statement of how we're feeling.

Thanks for replying and voting before reading and comprehending. :\

edit 2: No. This is not a boycott. It is simply one-two days of self restraint. Make no mistake. I plan to get my Zero Punctuation and Feed Dump fix first thing Saturday morning. :)

therockdemon

Mar 17, 2011
that would not help as i understand it the argument is about people not being paid so not watching any videos is not helping anyone

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
I don't know exactly how this works, but I always thought the content creators get a cut of the revenue from the ads on their respective shows? If that is the case (though now I doubt it), then no Yahtzee shouldn't suffer. But I don't know for sure/am probably wrong about that.

Even if I am, the lack of funds is how this whole goddamn thing started in the first fucking place! Or do you believe that the Escapist wanted that RocketHub money to buy a company yacht?
Do you want them to not have enough money to pay MovieBob next? What about Carter & Rydell?

So.....no sorry. I'm not taking harsh actions until the Jury is out.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Yeah, no.

Extra Creditz (also known as Extra Credits) can support themselves with the 80K leftovers they have from the fundraiser.

Ravnican

Jul 19, 2010
Do you really believe that boycotting The Escapist for one day will make any difference in regards of the ECgate debacle? I somehow doubt it.

Liberaliter

Sep 17, 2008
Sutter Cane said:
Liberaliter said:
No thanks, that's just being silly now.
pfft yeah because who cares about people who work for the site getting PAID right?
Of course I care, but I'm not about to let this matter between EC and the Escapist ruin my enjoyment of the site.

shadowmagus

Feb 2, 2011
When I see some actual e-mails between them to justify taking some kind of "stance" I will. Until then all I'm seeing is "he-said, she-said" and backroom drama. Neither of them get my sympathy for that kind of crap.

Grickit

Mar 2, 2011
GrizzlerBorno said:
I don't know exactly how this works, but I always thought the content creators get a cut of the revenue from the ads on their respective shows? If that is the case (though now I doubt it), then no Yahtzee shouldn't suffer.

Even if it isn't, James Portnow said that he doesn't want to harm the Escapist. Why should we? Besides the lack of funds is how this whole goddamn thing started in the first fucking place! Or do you want Escapist to not have enough money to pay MovieBob next? What about Carter & Rydell?

So.....no sorry. I'm not taking harsh actions until the Jury is out.
They still get their money. Just a day later. The point is to have that dip there and say "We did that because we're mad."

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Sutter Cane said:
Liberaliter said:
No thanks, that's just being silly now.
pfft yeah because who cares about people who work for the site getting PAID right?
And how is NOT watching any videos going to help them?

Don't watch, they lose a bit of income, less people get paid....

So you plan on not watching any videos, losing Escapist a bit of money, causing someone else to not get paid and then what?

How is adding to the problem going to help in any way, shape or form?

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
You don't know both sides of the story. Mods, please shut this thread. People are just hearing vague reports of Extra Credits leaving due to funds, and instantly assume it's because the Escapist is a greedy, cold-hearted bastard.

Before anyone here makes anther anti-Escapist thread, check ALL the facts. See both sides.