Poll: Survival. By any means necessary.

southparkdudez

Feb 7, 2010
Here is a scenario for you. Say you're walking down the road in an apocalypse. A raider runs up to you and tries to kill you. You happen to kill him first. Now you have been starving for a week. Any longer and you'll die. This guy as no food or water on him, but he isn't sick and he has lots of muscle on him.

Rabbitboy

Apr 11, 2014
I don't see any objections to it. If I killed him because I wanted to eat him that would be wrong I guess. But that is not the reason I killed him. And it's not like he is going to need all of that delicious meat anyway.

You could maybe make some sort of argument about him leaving him in his "dignity" or some bullshit like that. But screw his dignity the survival of the living (especially me) is more important!

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Sure, his fault for trying to kill me in the first place. Hopefully I'd be able to cook him first though, raw raider would probably be... ugh.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Sure, I've never eaten human before. It would be interesting to see how he grills.

Qwurty2.0

Apr 21, 2011
As long as I can cook him beforehand to kill any germs/bacteria, I would eat him if I was going to starve and couldn't find a normal source of food. He was killed in a way that doesn't make me feel guilty (i.e. I didn't kill an innocent to feed myself).

I would feel rather weird about it, but if asked I would say I did what I had to with what I had, and I didn't do anything wrong, just... taboo. :l

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
Sure, he is dead. I know if I were already dead, I would have no qualms about being eaten, as I either will not exist at that point or will not care. Now killing someone to eat them... that is a no no, no matter the circumstance.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
I'm inclined to think along the same lines as Baffle.

But let's assume I have something to live for in this scenario. Then yeah. Muscle doesn't sound good for eating though. Then again neither does human but eh aside from disgust no reason not to.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
If I had absolutely no other choice, I guess I'd eat the guy. But I wouldn't start with his butt...

(And that right there is my obligatory reference to Alive and Cannibal! The Musical.)

Going from vegetarian to cannibal would be quite a leap though. o,O

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I guess just as long I don't make a habit out of it otherwise I would become like those people of Terminus from The Walking Dead so I despises so much!

Itdoesthatsometimes

Aug 6, 2012
I would, but I would at the same time give up all hope. If the situation did not involve the Apocalypse, I might be able to recover from just doing what I had to do. But after an apocalypse then that would be all I was, a cannibal with no reason to survive just doing it to not die.

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
After a week with no food, I don't think I would be able to kill anyone.
Assuming I would have the strength, of course I would eat him. Not all of him though, I would wrap up what's left of his meat and take it with me.

Ten Foot Bunny said:
If I had absolutely no other choice, I guess I'd eat the guy. But I wouldn't start with his butt...
Me neither. I assume that butt meat would be one of the tastiest parts so I would save it for later.

Unkillable Cat said:
Bacon is friggin delicious
I wonder if Kevin Bacon would be delicious as well.

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
I wouldn't have a moral problem with it if it was an apocalyptic scenario as described and I was truly desperate.
Whether I'd have the stomach to do it is something else entirely.
And practically speaking I'm not sure how my digestive system would cope with any kind of meat since I've been vegetarian since birth!

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Why would I be walking down the road during an apocalypse? Screw that. I Would be in my neighbors underground shelter. What kind of idiot walks down the street during an apocalypse? You get your ass underground and use your generator solar and thermal power with grow lights to grow your food instead of eating nasty raiders. If I did have to kill a raider, I would just turn him into food for the animals. Anyone with any common sense surely would not be walking on a road during an apocalypse anyhow.

Nukekitten

Sep 21, 2014
I guess, provided I could cook them first. I can't think of any moral objection to it.

Killing him just to eat him would be more problematic.

Armadox

Mandatory Madness!
Aug 31, 2010
When I was a child I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, and I said I wanted to eat two of every animal and become the Anti-Ark. That being said, I would have no qualms with eating the guy. Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind eating his family if I was hungry enough for cause.

After my fill, I'd cut the rest up. I'd salt half for personal preserves, and I'd store the rest to bait traps with. Maybe get a few cats from the kill, maybe trade my "pork" for supplies I need later.

At the end of the day I'll be the one walking the Earth.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
While I sit here happily full, no, I wouldn't.

In a post-apoc situation, I'd probably brain the fucker with a rock and I'd be cooking his meat over a fire before he even knew about it. Although I'd rather be torturing him for information on where food is.

Pirate Of PC Master race

Rambles about half of the time
Jun 14, 2013
According to my personal interpretation, Human meat has nearly 100% of nutrients for human dietary needs.

It would be a waste of perfect high grade 50~200lb meat.