Poll: swords or guns

rottenbutter

Aug 5, 2008
Definitely swords. It's more fun to watch a sword fight, than to watch a bunch of people running around, getting behind cover, then falling over, with a bunch of loud noises going off everywhere (John Woo films being the exception).

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Meh, straight up Gunfights and Straight up Sword fights are EQUALLY boring and you can do better action sequences when you don't purely define them by the weapons used.

But if I MUST pick one, I'd go with Guns due to my love of Westerns.

EDIT: The Best Sword Fight Movie EVER is The Three Musketeers (1973, directed by Richard Lester). The Best Gun Fight Movie EVER is John Woo's Hard Boiled.

IanB.

Mar 26, 2008
As nice as guns are, people forget that if your at full health your sword can fire a beam out of it to kill those annoying bats in the dugeons GOD I hate them so much!

Besides, guns are a novices weapon. "point, pull", sure it takes skill to aim well, but it takes skill to weild a sword effectivly, period.

Also, you don't have to reload a sword.

rottenbutter

Aug 5, 2008
j-e-f-f-e-r-s post=18.69309.655888 said:
Go and watch Equilibrium, then tell me swords are better than guns. That film had Gun-Fu for god sakes.
Just finished watching it, the gun fights were weak, and the part with the sword was the best action scene (but it was still weak though).

Gun fights can be really cool, if there is good chirography behind them, but the thing is, most of them don't.

By the way I still prefer swords.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
definitely guns, especially in (semi) authentic war films like black hawk down where realism is taken into account... and westerns, gotta love the old revolvers and shotguns (and Gatling guns in the case of 3:10 to Yuma)