Poll: TF2

Sep 17, 2009
YurdleTheTurtle said:
Nautical Honors Society said:
YurdleTheTurtle said:
I recently started playing TF2 again and somehow I went up to around 200.

It's a great game and I love the free updates they had, which was really the only reason I got back into it after exams were over.

Took me a long time to unlock some of the new stuff (I'm still missing 2 Soldier weapons and of course, hats!), but Demoman with Chargin' Targe + Eyelander is quite fun. Puts a new spin on the class and gives me two different playstyles!
Do you think xbox is ever going to see those updates?

OT: Less than 20. The xbox version is fun, but not THAT fun...gotta get me steam >_>
Hate to be a downer, but the problem lies beyond just Microsoft wanting to charge for the free updates. Valve once posted on the TF2 blog [http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2394] (April 2nd 2009) some news about the Xbox 360 update. Specifically, they were having trouble with memory because the Orange Box already pushed it closed to the memory limit, making the new updates very difficult.

Sad to say but there's been tons more updates since this specific TF2 blog post, so I kind of doubt the Xbox 360 versions will ever be updated. If it is, they'd have to cut out a lot of great content. It's not just new content they have to deal with, but they also have to fix bugs and cheats specific to the console version, rather than just Steam.
Well based on the blog post it actually seems like they are going to update the 360 version...but it will just take a helluva long time.

Maybe I'll just buy it on steam...

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
heh, I have 200+ hours as Medic alone. And I think about 650 hours for all classes in total. Man, I love TF2. And I even play the Xbox 360 version!

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
Been playing since the beta, and have accumulated 477 hours. I thought that was a crapload, until I saw that people had 1000+ hours.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
I would be playing a lot more but I have been having this strange issue with lagging, it seems that if I'm not connected to an internet browser my ping is ridiculous, and when I leave one open there are massive spikes every now and then, ruins the experience.

D :