Poll: The Best Brotherhood of Steel

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
The Outcasts are my favorite, their armor and symbol are much cooler.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
I choice the outcasts, they seem so BA.

And for the love of God or whatever you believe in, stop making random poll choices that have nothing to do with anything. It just makes you look immature and distracts from the topic at hand. Let alone it isnt even funny, just stupid.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Midwest Brotherhood. Sure Barnarky is a racist asshole with some fucked up war stratagies but they had the right idea with how to go about things. They protected the inhabitants of the wasteland and secured the wastelands traderoutes in exchange for recruits and supplies from the villages they protected and still scoured the wastes for technology to benifit themselves and they would eventually integrate that technology back into the wasteland. But the Capital Wastelands Brotherhood of Steel is a close second.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
I voted midwest, because they aren't total xenophobic dicks and actually recruit locals, including ghouls, into their ranks.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Having only really played Fallout 3, and assuming that all the other chapters of the BoS are basically the Outcasts with different coloured armor, I'm going to have to go with the Capitol Wasteland BoS.

blackjaw1

Nov 5, 2009
The Fallout 3 BoS is full of hippies. They're the worst. The California branch didn't mess around.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Hawkeye16 said:
Whats your favorite division of the Brotherhood of Steel? I vote the Capitol Wastland.
The Texans!
No, seriously... I preferred the ones in Fallout 1.
The less we recall of Brother of Steel the game, the better.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
The Outcasts! (cause I just got 114 stimpaks off them for giving them armor)
Plus they wander around the entire wasteland. You know how often they've saved my ass? A lot. Especially from those Enclave fuckwads.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
you don't get to see all that much BoS in the originals.

In FO1, they got only 1 base with just a dozens PAs and they appear to be rather ineffective, led by a senile old man, who's the best of the lot.

In FO2, they got tiny outposts in the Den, NCR and LA each manned by 1 guy in a flak jacket.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
I believe the original Fallout/2 did the BoS the best. It made a more compelling story when the Brotherhood dedicated themselves to technology and shunned the outside world instead of going all knight-in-shining-armour to save mankind like they did in Fallout 3. Bethesda has a habit of doing that with their games - the Blades, anyone?

And the decline of the BoS in Fallout 2 added to that credibility - factions come and go in a post-apocalyptic world, rather than sticking around to solve everyone's problems.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Owyn Lyons' Capital Wasteland BoS. What good is keeping and preserving technology if it can't be used to build a better society out of the wastes?

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
I don't like them, condescending bastards on high horse and in power armour.

Henrik Persson

Mar 14, 2010
West Coast, no doubt. They were this mysterious faction that kind of looked down on you. They were bigger than you. The D.C outcasts are your bitches and their power armors are pieces of junk I wouldn't be cought dead in. The West Coast faction had effective power armor that you'd actually want to wear. Not pick up, repair and sell for some ammo.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
The midwest, they had vehicles and they had paladins, tribals, ghouls, super mutants, death claws and robots all fighting together, which is simply awesome.