Poll: The future of genetic engineering and babies.

Sep 8, 2008
i probably would, as long as i was confident that it wouldnt fuck up, and was safe. and i got to choose to have a unique kid if i wanted.

and to those who say it will speed up evolution... maybe not a good thing? if it moves too fast, we may lose something essential, or fuck up in an irreversible fashion, destroying the species. (see: the azgard in stargate SG1)

but then this leads to the whole, overclass/underclass being biologically different. the only solutions to THAT are either completely banning it (and banning something is always wonderfully effective at preventing it) or making it so everyone can do it (maybe possible with a large tax)

and THIS is why we should have more nerds in public office.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
As I mentioned on another thread, I am severly dissappointed by the speed of evolution. We have grown out of our biological needs as a species a few hundred years ago. Anything to speed up the process so I can go out into space and never see another human being again is fine by me.

ejhio

Mar 13, 2009
actually...then whats the point of having a baby?
u might as well clone a billion Einstein'ses [lol] and screw the world!

please note: 1.if every one is smart, then well it would be the norm, so once again u will not
be famous. kinda a waste of time really.

2.E.g: My baby can run @ 100kmph[wow!], but, every other baby can run @ 100kmph too[sianz]. So whats so special about it now?

think about it, u are smart just like every one else.

its the EFFORT that counts! the hardwork that u put into your work, thats why Einstein is famous for, to persevere and not give up!

Einstein was regarded as a "stupid" when he was a child, u know

mark_n_b

Mar 24, 2008
OK, how many of you are in a wheelchair because of a hereditary condition?

If there was a magic pill that could be taken to prevent my kids from having to endure the type of discrimination I face every day on top of all the other shit not having full use of your legs drops on your platter I would pop it without hesitation.

Joselyn

Feb 5, 2009
No way. What a completely unnatural thing to do. Half the fun of having a baby is seeing what it will turn out like...designing it in advance would defeat the purpose...

Skalman

Jul 29, 2008
Despite the fact that I'm never, ever, ever going to have children, ever.

Yes, and yes.