Poll: The greatest RPG of all time

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
There was a thread exactly like this only this morning. :/

But I have to say FFVII. I know people say it's overrated, but I can honestly say it's the best RPG that I have ever played.

And this isn't a "rose-tinted glasses" thing.....I only started playing it at the start of the summer. :)

x_the_eliminator

Aug 14, 2009
Earthbound, Mother 3, Super Mario RPG, Golden Sun and Chrono Trigger are some of the best RPGs I've played, but my favorite is Paper Mario. Paper Mario TYD was great too.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
FF6, Chrono Trigger, and FFTactics all hold my number one position. They are all too equaly good to overcome one another. Oh and Zelda is NOT and RPG, god why do people always mistaken it for one. It;s and ACTION ADVENTURE game, it does not contain the core characteristics of an RPG.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Where's Baldur's Gate series? Where's KotOR? Seriously, if you're going to make a poll at least do it about something you know, not a genre from which you barely played a couple of games...

SnowCold

Oct 1, 2008
Pokemon

"Gotta brutally pit them aginst other animals in magical dogs fights, POKEMON!"

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
If I had to pick only one. and one I really like I'm going to have to say Tale of Symphonia.
Just an all around good JRPG. I really liked teh fighting in that game!

Andy_Panthro

Man of Science
May 3, 2009
Ultima VII: The Black Gate. [http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/ultima-vii-the-black-gate]

A truly amazing RPG, good story, great characters, a living world that you could explore. One of my favourite games of all time, let alone RPGs (and I am an RPG fan!).

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
Gilbert Munch said:
Easykill said:
Captain Pancake said:
Fat Man Spoon said:
WrongSprite said:
MORROWIND
I have to concur,

MORROWIND
Indeed, best RPG I have played is...

MORROWIND
Yep.
OBLIVION?
You are a bad, bad man. With either no experience or taste.

Nah, not really. I just can't for the life of me figure out Oblivion's appeal. It's Morrowind minus all fun things.

Antimony

Jul 18, 2009
Like many others, I can't believe you forgot KOTOR. :p That's my favorite, though I'm hardly a RPG connoisseur. I also really liked Tales of Symphonia.

Undeleted

Jul 29, 2009
Baldur's Gate 2. None will ever be able to compare to its majesty. Anyone who says anything other than BG2 hasn't played it. There is no other excuse.
edit: Deus Ex is an RPG, true, but it transcends all other games anyways

CmdrGoob

Oct 5, 2008
The concept of having a poll on this is rather flawed when you can't even fit all the best options in the poll:

Planescape: Torment
Baldur's Gate 2
The Witcher
Mask of the Betrayer
Vampires: The Masquerade Bloodlines