Poll: The heretic Geth, what did you do?

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
I rewrote them. I figured that the Geth only worshiped the Reapers due to Indoctrination (Legion I think attributes the heretics to thinking in a certain number than the rest in regards to the Reapers. May be mistaken, has been a while) so I saw the "correct" option as undoing the damage. That is of course no means the only way or right way to look at the situation. Some characters like Jack make pretty good points, and Legion even says that holding up normal Organic logic to the Geth is some form of racism (again, its been awhile but I remember him saying something along those lines).

I quite liked that mission, although I disliked it being categorized into Paragon Rewrite and Renegade Destroy, seeing as how when I first went through the mission the game seemed to be urging you along Destroy. Always felt that for Grey and Grey choices like this, instead of the choice being the usual "top good" "bottom evil", that they should occupy the left side and the right side of the wheel in the neutral slots. They could still give you good or evil points or whatever, but make it so that the player doesn't automatically go, "Oh, top/bottom option is X? Ok, I'll pick/won't pick that then".

Definitely struggled more on the last choice in the game though. Must have spent like a half hour on it, lol.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
I killed them. I respected their decision, and I thought that since they were by my book living and sentient, I shouldn't make their choice for them, but peace was not an option. Still found it unfair that it got me renegade points, but I guess my motivations were different from shepards, judging by the words he uses.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
I think it would be more wise choice, oh, I don't know, PUT A F*CKING SPOILER WARNING BEFORE RUIN FOR ME A PART OF THE PLOT IN MASS EFFECT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Change the title of your Thread and warn the users at the start of your post for spoilers!!!!!!!!!

*Leave*

lord Claincy Ffnord

Feb 23, 2012
I also killed them. With both options wrong I fell back on it being horribly horribly wrong in my opinion to fundamentally change someone's beliefs. As if they have faith this is likely a strong part of who they are, changing them like that, is to me a bit like killing who they were anyway which is just as bad as killing them outright, I would rather die as myself than have someone fundamentally change who I was. It wouldn't really be 'me' anymore.

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
I
TopazFusion said:
SweetShark said:
I think it would be more wise choice, oh, I don't know, PUT A F*CKING SPOILER WARNING BEFORE RUIN FOR ME A PART OF THE PLOT IN MASS EFFECT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Change the title of your Thread and warn the users at the start of your post for spoilers!!!!!!!!!
umm, these are spoilers for Mass Effect 2, a game that's over 3 years old.

How long does stuff have to have spoiler warnings on it, before it's no longer considered a spoiler?
If I may quote someone on a similair point "If I haven't seen/read/played it, it is a spoiler. I don't care if it is from before Shakespear, just put a spoiler tag on everything". People play old games all the time, I played Half-Life for the first time in 2008. Its always a spoiler...

OT: I actually made my descion pretty quickly here. Murder is simply the worse crime. To change their consciousness is a terrible thing, but to utterly destroy it and every single thing about it? Awful. Besides, the heretics exhibited no concern for organic life, by my moral reasoning forcing them to cease attacking humans, even against their will, was moral no matter the means.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
TopazFusion said:
SweetShark said:

umm, these are spoilers for Mass Effect 2, a game that's over 3 years old.

How long does stuff have to have spoiler warnings on it, before it's no longer considered a spoiler?
So you are saying because it is an old game, it is ok to spoil the plot of the game to the others?
No cool, no cool....

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
I killed them. Didn't want to risk any unforeseen consequences

SweetShark said:

*Leave*
And really? You couldn't guess from "The heretic geth, what did you do?" that there might be spoilers.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
I chose to destroy them.

If I were to rewrite them and the Heretics would join Legion's side, and Legion's faction got under Reaper control (ie a fear that became truth) or goes rogue again or whatever, it would surely bite me in the ass. So I chose to play it safe and push the destroy button.

Besides, brainwashing them and making them forget every single one of their believes and program my own baloney superior thoughts into their minds is kind of fucked up anyway.

This is what in my true playthrough anyway. A playthrough where I gave zero fucks about Renegade or Paragon points and where I tried to do some actual role-playing.

IronMit

Jul 24, 2012
rewrite.
I was concentrating on building an army to fight a possible reaper invasion so I took the risk.

I know you said not to mention ME3 but there's a particular crucial outcome;

If I remember correctly the Quarian's do not like the rewrite option. So In ME3 when you need enough influence with the Quarian's to broker peace this option works against you in the points system. However it is not mandatory as you can make it up by doing other Pro- Quarian things. I think using paragon/renegade convo option during the Tali/Legion argument is mandatory though.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I would have chosen to destroy them.
If Shepard didn't become all kill crazy when you picked that option.

I believed it was better to die than to have your mind changed, and I would've killed them under that train of thought. But when you pick that option Shepard is all like "We can kill tons of Geth here, it's brilliant! *Mustache-twirlingly sinister laugh*."

That was a mission that would've benefitted with a third "neutral" option much like the one involving the council at the end of the first game. You still destroy them but it's for an ideological reason rather than simply wanting them blown to bits.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Destroyed them.

It makes the peace between Geth and Quarian in ME3 easier.

It's based on points and destroying the heretics gives points while rewriting them doesn't.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
SweetShark said:

*Leave*
As much as I encourage usage of spoiler tags and as much as I agree with you that one should use them no matter how old the game people are discussing, the thread title should have warned you. What did you expect?
I expected something I didn't knew about the game and don't have something to do with the major plot Mass Effect 2.
I said to myself when I saw the title:

"Heretic Geth? Huh, I didn't meet something like that in Mass Effect 1 I played. I hope it isn't a spoiler for Mass Effect 2 or Mass Effect 3!!!I hope the user put an warning or even spoiler tags so if I made a mistake, this Thread don't spoil an important part of the story of games I never played and maybe I had time to play in the future."

*click the Thread*

"GOD DAMMIT!!!"

This was my though...

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
my shepard is kinda a dick. except to people who are important to her so i went with what legion wanted.
i also didn't want to loose an asset when i still thought what I do had any impact

Xukog

May 21, 2011
Rewrote,not for any moral reason.but because my character was A near pure Paragon.
Also,complaining about spoilers on a three year old game? Really?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 2, 2010
My train of thought went something like this:

-There are 1.2 million platforms on the station
-There's a big fuck-off war with the Reapers coming
-These 1.2 million platforms can be convinced to fight the Reapers
-That's 1.2 million bodies to throw at the enemy
-Found the answer.

Apr 5, 2008
In terms of numbers vs the Reapers in 3, rewriting makes little practical difference. If they are destroyed, there will be more quarians and less geth. If they are rewritten, there will be less quarians and more geth.